PDA

View Full Version : crappy afternoon at caloundra

Benny01
26-04-2008, 06:08 PM
decided to take my 4.2 bluefin open dinghy over the caloundra bar today which was pretty sedate. took my missus and her brother.

was a preety easy trip over for my first crossing but right at the end i copped a set pretty. we got fully airborne twice which was pretty exciting but the missus was blowing up.

so after we got out i checked the sounder which decided would read "sonar turned off". so that was crap. we had no GPS and no sounder and no idea where to go so i headed over to where another boat was fishing at the reef off shelly beach.

get over and start fishing and we all got crook but we got a decent bream which was ok. decided to head in and bout 1min back to shore my brand new 40hp suzuki just stopped instantly, no chugg just stop. took me a while to figure out what it was and i was gettin a bit panicky cos the swell seemed to be building. turned out to be that i somehow had knocked the fuel line off the tank but it hadnt come off al the way. so once had that connected headed for the shore and off home.

didnt feel too bad cos there was another boat we passed getting towed by the coastguard

Just_chips
26-04-2008, 06:18 PM
I wouldn't worry about feeling bad or embarressed as long as everybody on board your vessel is safe mate.

Maybe next trip you will be better prepared and get some good results from your effort.

Regards

Kev

barfly
26-04-2008, 06:39 PM
Well i hope you had all your apprpriate saftey gear and life jackets on . as this was a spure of the moment thing this is how you come unstuck even though the weather was good .safe boating Barfly

Fishnwell
26-04-2008, 07:16 PM
Any day on the water is a good day.... Just some are better than others;D

skipalong
26-04-2008, 08:38 PM
it had to be better than working

mangomick
27-04-2008, 06:51 AM
Can you tell all of those superstitous fishos out there that you didnt even have a bananna on the boat.:P
You can always look on the bright side. You werent working:D