PDA

View Full Version : What type Tournament Rig

Brad Clark
26-04-2008, 05:45 PM
I would be keen to hear from any owners of the Skeeter SX190 with 150hp, SX180 with 115hp, Champion 183CX, Nitro 750SC or any other comparable fibreglass tournament boat.

Would also be keen to hear from any non boaters who have been a passenger in these boats.

Main thing I would be keen to hear about is the ride, especially at the start and the first 500 metre run at a comp. Through all the chop.

What brand/HP motor you have and what (GPS) speed are you getting.

Any problems experienced with their motors and what follow up service you received from the manufacturer to fix the problem.

Were the Skeeters that were used in the AFC the SX190 and were they a good boat with the 150 on them.

Any problems experienced with single axle trailers for these boats ie axles bending under the weight.

Any information to assist me with my decision on what boat to get would be appreciated.

Thank You

bluefin59
27-04-2008, 04:31 AM
If you are willing to buy an almost new secondhand one fully decked out there is a SKEETERZX22V in the boat section in the for sale section on this site the guys name is scott mitchel he is up hervey bay way it's a dam nice looking boat but i hope you have a big wallet ,it's on page 2 now ...matt

Dodgy_Back
27-04-2008, 07:46 AM
You are better of having a look at the sites that most of the tournament guys read such as ausbream and bream, and have a read of the forums.

Unfortunatly you might get a bit of a biased viewpoint of boats as those that drive Skeeters say they are best , Stratos owners say they are best etc etc.
They are all very good boats and you won't go wrong with what ever you choose.

I picked a Stratos simply because they had them in stock and were local.
To buy a Skeeter meant ordering one from Sydney.

To try and answer a couple of your questions from my point of view. My Stratos is a 285 pro xl with a 150 optimax, goes very well and the ride is great. Well, I think any way .!!
It has a single axle trailer with very good brakes no probs so far after 12 months.

Can get it up to 55 knts but at the start of a comp there is a lot of chop around and most boats have to pound through it, I 'm not the best boat driver and to date have not had too much trouble with it.

Good luck with your choice.

Mick

Brad Clark
27-04-2008, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the responses so far. I appreciate any information.