PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Stone guard

snodger 08
26-04-2008, 01:24 PM
Hi there,
doe's anyone know ofa manufacturer or an online site where I can purchase or get a design for a stone guard that attaches to my trailer to protect my boat when towing?

Cheers
Steve

Angla
26-04-2008, 01:31 PM
Steve, Is this a one off trip or a permanent fixture you want.

Oldmate used a large piece of shade cloth wrapped under the trailer then pulled up to the bow rails and tied with cable ties. Worked a treat and was cheap.

Chris

Chimo
26-04-2008, 02:57 PM
Steve

I did more or less the same thing with shade cloth and it also worked well for me too.

I used beige 90% which is much nicer than the awful green that Angla / Chris used.

Also fitted a bar across behind the rear standard mud flaps on the Patrol and hung a sheet of heavy rubber from this down to the road. It also reduced the number of stones being thrown in the first place.

Cheers
Chimo

Angla
26-04-2008, 03:16 PM
Chimo,

Wish it was my boat but I am happy with the Cruisecraft. Forgot that we did the same thing with a huge mud flap near the drawbar with a nicely burnt hole for the exhaust. We did the dirt road into Stanage bay (100Km) It was graded recently before we went and the dry conditions threw a huge number of stones which were all deflected by the green stuff. On the way back was very wet and slippery and the screen stopped a lot of mud

Chris