PDA

View Full Version : amm 480 vs fisher vs riptide ?

dooley
25-04-2008, 04:23 PM
saw an AMM 480 on the water today, didn't get a good look and can't find many pics online from but from what i saw it looks pretty good.

i'm unsure what the difference is between the AMM, fisher and riptides - anyone here have a smaller AMM or riptide that they can post a few pics.

The fishers look good and there are heaps of pics on their site, just want to see how the others stack up, especially the AMM and i'd be interested to hear any thoughts.

cheers,
s

Jono_SS
25-04-2008, 04:42 PM
i have a 450 amm tiller steer. the biggest diff between mine and the 480 would be if you get the full height transom with side/centre console (e.g. http://rivertoreef.net/).

i actually bought the River to Reef prize boat from a couple of years ago off the winner, as he had a bigger boat already. i then took it back to AMM and had a few extras fitted, like bait tank, fuel tank, kill tank and storage under front casting deck.

i found the guys at the factory brilliant to work with, and have heard equally good comments about the teams at Fisher and Riptide as well.

dooley
25-04-2008, 06:17 PM
thanks mate,

there aren't too many pics of the smaller AMM hulls anywhere - would love to see any more pics of your tinny, sure looks like a nice rig.

thanks again,
d

skipalong
25-04-2008, 07:58 PM
jono nice boat have not seen it yet have you had it long i know you cracked your last one does this one handle the seas alittle better

Jono_SS
26-04-2008, 04:26 PM
it certainly does handle the seas better, possibly due to a) the sharper entry b) the 18 degree deadrise at the transom c) the extra weight (even the sidepockets are made of 4mm plate) and d) all the proper bracing you find under the floor of a "proper" plate boat (e.g. full height girders from hull to floor running the full length). Yes, it's a tank!

Jono_SS
26-04-2008, 04:32 PM
Dooley.

here's a couple to make you happy

regards.

jono.

dooley
26-04-2008, 05:37 PM
cheers mate - looks like an awesome little tinny.

really appreciate it.

d

Why Not
26-04-2008, 05:55 PM
Have a look at the G.S Marine Extreme range. They make an awesome 4.80, tournament version, rod lockers etc etc.

dooley
26-04-2008, 11:38 PM
thanks mate but from memory the GS marine is a shallow vee - looking for something that can handle the rough stuff, planning on fishing inshore/offshore.

cheers