PDA

View Full Version : Tinnne and tackle show

tin can marlin
24-04-2008, 09:19 PM
Hi everyone I went to show today and i would have to say i was impressed with the set up. It would have to be said that it is a credit to the team that put it together. There some great boat packages there and a really good range of tackle at top prices. I was talking to the boys from stones and they said the sales were a bit slow then i spoke to marine tune and they said they could not keep up. So it was hard to get a guide on sales. But i walked out with some cheap lures and rods for the kids. Just wounding what everyone else thoughts were that went in today. Regards Mark:) :) :) :-/ :-/ :-/ ;D ;D

Breambuster33
24-04-2008, 09:21 PM
sounds good.
im heading there tomorrow cant wait saved up for a couple of weeks so looking to pick up a few deals:P

Breambuster33
24-04-2008, 09:24 PM
thats if theres anything left that is:P:P:P

skipalong
24-04-2008, 09:28 PM
sweet going in on saturday sounds better than last year

Celestial_Teapot
25-04-2008, 12:03 AM
I thought it was a bit light on the "tackle" part of the show - Would have been good to see some of the major manufactures supporting the show.

seawasp6666
25-04-2008, 06:18 AM
Is it still going on sunday

Breambuster33
25-04-2008, 08:51 AM
Is it still going on sundayP]

yea mate going all weekend Sunday is the final day
have a look at the site http://www.tinnie-tackle.com.au/
cheers
breambuster33

BaitThrower
25-04-2008, 09:25 AM
I'd expect most retail sales to be down this year.
Probably why some not showing up. Probably more chance of losing money than making it this year.

tin can marlin
25-04-2008, 09:33 AM
I think your correct baithrower with the down turn in the aus econmy ie fuel and food prices and riseing intrest rates might pull a few up and i think stones was saying that but then you go and talk to another stand and they say they are going gang busters. Time will tell. Iam going to go back in on sunday with the wife and i will wear my new ausfish shirt as i saw a lot yesterday.

PinHead
25-04-2008, 12:49 PM
tcm..a good salesman will never say he is not busy. As for the economy, that will only affect those that need to borrow to buy a boat..there are lots of cashed up people out there who will spend regardless. Personally, I would never buy a boat on borrowed money..it is a luxury item..no cash..no buy.

Breambuster33
25-04-2008, 05:48 PM
i went today.
got some great deals walked out with a smile.
great show.

bluefin59
25-04-2008, 06:05 PM
Plenty of people there today flocking around the boats and plenty of busy salesmen and women signing people up for new boats from what i saw the tackle section was a bit lean but i managedto sort some l.e.d trailer lights for the right price and with long enough leads so i dont have to have any joins so it was good for me ...matt

Evil Monkey
25-04-2008, 06:46 PM
Plenty of people there today flocking around the boats and plenty of busy salesmen and women signing people up for new boats from what i saw the tackle section was a bit lean but i managedto sort some l.e.d trailer lights for the right price and with long enough leads so i dont have to have any joins so it was good for me ...matt I saw a few Ausfishers the doing the rounds as well today...great to see some comrades enjoying the facilities. I also thought the tackle was down abit this year. That said, if you're in the market for a new boat T'n'T is the place to strike. I bought a new bluefin boat in '07 after staking out deals at all the boat shows in 06 and 05 and from my experience, all the dealers put their prices up straight after this Show.

whiting-wizard
25-04-2008, 09:40 PM
i went today it was great i picked up lots of great deals

wayno60
25-04-2008, 09:59 PM
heading up sunday.....cant wait.

r3volt
25-04-2008, 10:11 PM
my eye's were sore from looking at so many boats and not enough tackle

Pelagic 660
26-04-2008, 12:04 AM
Just got home from the show, so many boats so little time. Good thing the tackle side was down I would be sleeping the night. Bring on Sanctury Cove!!!!