PDA

View Full Version : Southwind SF 580

black runner
23-04-2008, 08:55 PM
I believe this model is now being made by Reef Raider boats. They seem to be well priced at around 44k with a Suzie 115 4st.

Does the 580 rate as highly as the 640 did in its class? How does Reef Raider rate as a manufacturer compared to Southwind? Is it as good, not as good or better than the original?

Views would be greatly appreciated.

FM

Darren Mc
23-04-2008, 11:02 PM
Just bought the 600sf classic Reef Raider (formerly SF 580)with 150 e-tec. As far as build quality goes it's a case of you get what you pay for. Not as good as southwind manufacturer and finish is a bit rough around the edges but they're$15000-$20000 cheaper than say Haines Hunters and Cruise Crafts etc. Only taken it out once so far, Goes Great with 150 E-tec, heaps of power but would go ok with 115. I would say better suited to 130 or 140hp. Problem is AMC at springwood only sell e-tec's. At present only 115 or 150hp are available. 130 hp coming later this year.Will give more feedback as i discover things.

upstart
24-04-2008, 02:52 PM
Hi Darren, would you mind teklling us what you paid and what accessories/options you got for your money? Also, what sort of trailer as that can affect the bottom line.

Darren Mc
30-04-2008, 09:41 PM
G'day mate,The boat is a 600sf Classic Reef Raider, White with Black Covers. I paid $55850. This included- 12 Months Rego (boat & Trailer) 150 E-TEC Redco Tandem Braked Trailer, LED Lights, Jockey Wheel Bimini, Front & Side Clears,Extended Bimini Peak, Storm Cover Alloy Rockets x 4 Humminbird 917c Sounder/Gps with Navionics Gold Map Dual Batteries with Isolator Four Blade Stainless Prop Hydraulic Steering Stainless Bait Board with 2 Rod Holders Minn Kota Electric Trim Tabs Package accessories inc- 150 Ltr fuel tank, safety gear (6 people), flares, fire extinguisher, upholstered bunks & backrests, anchor hatch, front access hatch, swivel bucket seats, foldable rear lounge, grab rails, rod holders x 2, lights,bilge pump, kill tank, carpets, live bait tanks/storage wells, bow sprit, bow rails, foot rests, foam floatation, 10 year warranty on hull.Suprisingly it didn't include a radio of any sort, which i didn't realise until i went looking for it.