PDA

View Full Version : Quick session on "Alexander"

dayoo
23-04-2008, 01:27 PM
"Alexander" headed out to the Barwons early this morning for a quick session on the snapper. Three on board. Frank and I couldn't go as he was into the prawns and I had a operation on my leg yesterday to remove a carcinoma ( too much sun from fishing in shorts all my life).

Pepi the skipper just got home and phoned in to me the following info:

They reported a decent sized swell and tried out some isolated gravel patches on the western side of the banks. First spot was a bit slow only a couple of decent sized squire. Next spot only about 1k away fired up straight away with the fresh mullet baits slammed before they reached the bottom.

This spot produced a bag out in no time at all (shit! why weren't Frank and I there).

The boys then drifted for a few hours and pulled in a few good sized parrot and a couple of moses pearch and small but legal sized pearlies then headed home.

Excuse the quality of the attached pics as they were taken on a mobile phone and just emailed to me.

Cheers
Barry

indy
23-04-2008, 04:05 PM
Some nice snapps in amongst that haul barry good to see some decent ones turning up, heading out tomorrow after work for an overnighter.

cheers pete...

Mark-P
23-04-2008, 05:06 PM
Cheers for the info Barry, looks like someone had a good time !!

Mark

_Dan_
23-04-2008, 05:37 PM
Barry you are starting to annoy me with all these awesome posts...

You friends must know alot i dont know hahaha.

Cheers

Dan

skipalong
23-04-2008, 08:04 PM
nice bag fellas

SgBFish
24-04-2008, 11:38 AM
Great post. Nice fish.
That bodes well for the season.
Scott

aerordauto
24-04-2008, 01:00 PM
great catch boys, good to see some decent snapper again coming from the banks.

SunnyCoastMark
24-04-2008, 01:17 PM
Hopefully that is a good start for the Anzac Day long weekend.

Mark