PDA

View Full Version : WTF ?

Donny Boy
23-04-2008, 08:52 AM
Try this one.

Just done a FULL reno on my Crestrida, we fit the NEW ( still in the plastic cover) Honda Marine guages, and the digital read for the hours is showing "5200"

It being digital, i'm thinking might be hard to "wind back".
Anyone know if there's a bloody reset button ???

HYJACK
23-04-2008, 09:08 AM
Sounds Very Interesting, Sorry But I Cant Help You. I'm Sure There Would Have To Be A Way Of Resetting The Guage. Good Luck.

Hyjack

FNQCairns
23-04-2008, 09:22 AM
Not that long ago I bought a new mercury part from Australia and it had grease on it from a past fitting, the marine industry is strange!

cheers fnq

Roo
23-04-2008, 10:29 AM
is the Motor an EFI honda? perhaps it is the ECU telling the gauge how many hours it has done. If the number is still incorrect then get onto the Honda tech people. they might be able to sort it over the phone. i had a problem like this sorted by Haines/Suzuki without the need to drag the whole thing anywhere. The ECU on my Suzuki has the actual hours it has run logged. it then sends a signal to the tacho to indicate the hours run when i start up....vastly different to the analogue hour meter that runs independently if it.

Cheers Roo.

PS. Spaniard King might be able to help you here, he's knows a bit about Honda's;)

Donny Boy
23-04-2008, 01:44 PM
Roo,

Nah mate.....
The motor's a V4 Johnson OMC 140. Around 1991/2, but there's no way it's done those hours....more like 200-300, (according to the bloke who worked on it ) because it sat in a shed for about 15 years... the motors just been completely redone too, and there wasn't a lot wrong with it (barring electricals) ( I keep getting told those donks were "bulletproof" and"20 years units.")

But this 5200 hours has got us tossed......
...............................and won't do a lot for the resale one day either !

FNQCairns
23-04-2008, 02:05 PM
Does it have enough units to turn over 10K? if not hook it up to a battery for several months and keep a log until then.

It's OK, No need to thank me for the idea, welcome anytime:) LOL

cheers fnq

Spaniard_King
23-04-2008, 04:06 PM
Does it have enough units to turn over 10K? if not hook it up to a battery for several months and keep a log until then.

It's OK, No need to thank me for the idea, welcome anytime:) LOL

cheers fnq

FNQ Your kidding.. if its a faria gauge it will have at least 5 digits:o

Donny, if it is a Faria.. send me a PM and I will organise another.. if it's a genuine Honda and under 12 months old I can still help;) If it's over 12 months old.. hook it up to a battery:-X

Donny Boy
23-04-2008, 04:38 PM
Thanks boys, will check it out, & advise.

Stay tuned.

FNQCairns
23-04-2008, 06:05 PM
FNQ Your kidding.. if its a faria gauge it will have at least 5 digits:o

yeah Gary I was but 5 digits would be way rough!!

cheers fnq