PDA

View Full Version : 4.5m ploycraft owners help

cobia
22-04-2008, 08:51 PM
hey all im about to buy a new boat soon and ive almost settled on the 4.5M side console polycraft.

i havnt decided on a motor yet but it will be definately a 60HP.more than likely it will be a tohatsu.i was talking to the tohatsu dealer today and he said there is a HDPI 60hp (similar to etec technology) comming soon so i hopefully will get that.

i was just seeing if anyone on here has one and what their thought are on them?if possible would u be able to post some pics up of your rig so i can get an idea of how to set mine up when i get it?

Plastic_Magic
23-04-2008, 03:46 PM
Cobia...

I have a 455 Poly nad love it.....It has a 60hp Tohatsu 2006 (normal 2 stroke)....The boat is a absolute screamer...love it!!!!!.........The only thing i can say is you dont need a shower when you get home from a rough trip.....They are a little wet......Even out the dam when your traveling across it you get wet as a shag......but i would never go back to a tinny...........It is a centre consol and all converted a home........Casting deck etc........Are a great boat and you chose well....

cheers Plastic_Magic

max007
23-04-2008, 03:55 PM
http://www.polyboatowners.com/pboforum/

Have a look at this site for all info/questions on polyboats

squizzytaylor
23-04-2008, 05:40 PM
G'day Cobia, I have a 455 side console with a 60 2stk Toey and after 12 months am still stoked with the package, Yes it can be wet but no more wet really than any other open boat, and the ride of the poly is more than ample compensation at any rate.
The 4.5 you are looking at (assuming it is the new model) is a little different though, with an enclosed type transom and external splashwell (features we mere 455 owners wish we had).
My 455 contends regularly with dam, lake and offshore (within reason) work and many other guys I know with 455's regularly run 15k's out to our local fad.
Any other q's feelfree to fire away.

geoff

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j110/squizzytaylor/3polys.jpg

Cobia Kid
23-04-2008, 05:56 PM
gday cobe, our first boat was a poly and i loved it, but as lauchie said they are a wet boat, but not so much rough. the frount hatch also makes a great esky, just -secure the first quater of it with screws to the boat
-make sure there on an angle
-cut the hatch lid a bit urther away from the screws
-attach hinges on the cut
- add handle
And hey prsto, a great little esky,
I with try to draw a diagram for this as t probably dosnt make much sense,
any way a great boat none the less,
cheers,
jamie
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y139/tlcjuliet/DSC00268.jpg

TheRealAndy
23-04-2008, 06:21 PM
Another 4.55 owner here. Mine is fitted with a 50hp yam 4stroke. I was actually intending on buying a tinnie when I stumbled across the polycraft. I started a thread a while back asking for all the bad things about polycraft, the only answer i got was the finish.

If you are going to do a lot of solo work that includes distance may i recommend the centre console. You can notice when the boats are not balanced out.

Whilst you will get wet, its no worse than a tinnie. The difference is that you can go faster in the chop because the ride so much nicer.

jackextracter
23-04-2008, 10:13 PM
A mate of mine owns a 4.5 drifter and i would have to say it is the best boat i have ever been in, in bad weather its so soft of a ride none of this bung bung bung there goes my back stuff nice and smooth im starting to think i should be looking at one too, and there cheap to u can get a 4.5 on a trailer with 50 tiller all rego saftey stuff for around 11-12 thats a good price i reckon.

rosco1974
23-04-2008, 11:42 PM
mate have a makocraft 610 with a 140 tohatsu on it and wouldnt put any other motor on it other than another tohatsu.....best motor i have had on a boat in a long time....was going to put a 115 tldi on it but m glad i didnt.....would get no more fuel econamy out of the tld as i do with the carb model....they do bout 19 ltr per hour with the tldi and i get the same out of the carb model but with more top end....hope this helps