PDA

View Full Version : We are lucky to have fishing to escape problems for a while

tigermullet
21-04-2008, 10:19 PM
A couple of days to go and I'm off for ten days to try my luck. I won't be turning on the TV either because the news is becoming too troubling.

The Reserve Bank is buying up Residential Mortgage Backed Securities(and lots of it too) to inject liquidity into the system but are not saying which bank or banks are having difficulty; a Japanese tanker has been hit by some sort of rocket near Yemen and the oil price is now just above USD $117; the Chinese are saying that they do not have a problem with the dwindling supply of rice but, in some places, the yanks are limiting purchases of rice, flour and cooking oil (http://www2.nysun.com/article/74994). Bangladesh, Indonesia, Phillipines and parts of Africa aren't saying much - they are doing a quiet starve already.

A few fish and a beer at sundown each day should be a happier experience.

Brazilian guy
21-04-2008, 11:04 PM
No doubt. How I ever say, better a bad fish day than a good work day. When you open the next beer at sundown, just looking the beach, the sand, the sun, and nor seeing neither bothered the fish biting at the rod tip, cheers.

CreelReaper
21-04-2008, 11:08 PM
Enjoy yourself tigermullet.....let the news be of your escapades!!!!!! Have fun!!!!

tigermullet
21-04-2008, 11:09 PM
Thanks Brazilian Guy. An international response! Good onya.

Shit, I'm famous.

jtpython
22-04-2008, 06:15 AM
Haha good one
All i can say is you lucky Buggar
The rest of us will have to put up with it
LOL
JT

mik01
22-04-2008, 07:08 AM
A couple of days to go and I'm off for ten days to try my luck. I won't be turning on the TV either because the news is becoming too troubling.

The Reserve Bank is buying up Residential Mortgage Backed Securities(and lots of it too) to inject liquidity into the system but are not saying which bank or banks are having difficulty; a Japanese tanker has been hit by some sort of rocket near Yemen and the oil price is now just above USD $117; the Chinese are saying that they do not have a problem with the dwindling supply of rice but, in some places, the yanks are limiting purchases of rice, flour and cooking oil (http://www2.nysun.com/article/74994). Bangladesh, Indonesia, Phillipines and parts of Africa aren't saying much - they are doing a quiet starve already.

A few fish and a beer at sundown each day should be a happier experience.

India are also hoarding rice.
Looks like more riots and unrest to follow.
For all our perceived day to day woes, we are very much a lucky country to be able to eat and drink what we want, and fish not because we are starving but because we want to.

you lucky bastard - enjoy the sunsets!!

FNQCairns
22-04-2008, 07:51 AM
Callus bunch who advocate the use of biofule made from corn etc, guaranteed those would squeel like a stuck pig long and hard if they were to experience the consequences these fuels are forcing upon the hungry already.

cheers fnq

Reel Nauti
22-04-2008, 08:27 AM
Once or twice a year I do the same thing TM. Deserted island, no TV, and only the radio for some music and weather updates. We all need time out from the mayhem in which we live, and I hope you really enjoy the time to charge the batts.

Keep that icebox full.................very distressing to lift the lid at 1600 and realise you forgot to reload!!!!

Cheers

Dave

Ozwald
22-04-2008, 11:28 AM
There's a very envious person sitting in Manila this morning. Plenty of $*** going on over here too; long queues for rice, increasing food prices putting real strain on the poor, bad governance and corruption too.
On a more selfish level my last two fishing trips have been very ordinary too so counting on you to redress the balance tigermullet!
Oz

Dirtysanchez
22-04-2008, 11:36 AM
Half your luck!
Where are you off to ?

All the best for a good trip and a bumper catch

BaitThrower
22-04-2008, 12:07 PM
The saudi's are having a nice time at the moment basking in their oil riches :)
Actually if you want news, just wait 50 years when the middle east runs out of oil, and has already spent their fortunes. Then the world is going to descend into chaos. You can write that one down as a BaitThrow-adamus prophecy :)

have fun on your trip! Enjoy the peace and quiet, and hope my kids are no where near you, because it would be anything but peaceful and quiet LOL

SunnyCoastMark
22-04-2008, 01:31 PM
Tiger Mullet,
Have a good trip. Hope the weather turns it on for you - wherever you are off to.

Mark

themissus
22-04-2008, 01:37 PM
We spend 11 days on an island in The Solomons earlier this year. Big thatched hut to eat in and a couple of little ones to sleep in. That was all there was on the island.(apart from a village on the other side) We had no idea what was going on in the world. It was the most relaxed i've ever been. The villages lead such a simple and basic life and they are so Happy!! Always had a smile on there dial. They fish, dry coconuts and chew beetle nut all day. Alot to be said for the simple life.
Hope you have a great trip.
Cheers Kim.

TimiBoy
22-04-2008, 03:42 PM
Callus bunch who advocate the use of biofule made from corn etc, guaranteed those would squeel like a stuck pig long and hard if they were to experience the consequences these fuels are forcing upon the hungry already.

cheers fnq

Recently I read that if the whole Australian food farming industry switched to bio fuel production, we would replace 10 percent of our fuel usage, and starve. It is not, therefore, anything other than a method of recycling on a VERY limited scale.

We're hoping to trial a bobcat on used cooking oil soon. Can't wait to see the dogs chasing a what they think is a free feed of chips!

tigermullet
22-04-2008, 08:56 PM
Thanks to all for the good wishes. Thursday will see me at the Pin around Tiger Mullet, Pandanus, Northern tip of Stradbroke Island and perhaps near the Slipping Sands. Plus some surf fishing.

It should be good, especially as all household tasks have been completed.

The latest renovation has come in one time and under budget;

the dog hasn't bitten me today;

family morale could not be better;

my wife is eager and willing to get out of bed very early to help with the last minute packing, hitching up the boat and launching;

all pigs have been fed and are ready to fly.

Outsider1
22-04-2008, 09:22 PM
Recently I read that if the whole Australian food farming industry switched to bio fuel production, we would replace 10 percent of our fuel usage, and starve. It is not, therefore, anything other than a method of recycling on a VERY limited scale.

We're hoping to trial a bobcat on used cooking oil soon. Can't wait to see the dogs chasing a what they think is a free feed of chips!

According to a clip on Topgear I saw you can even smell in the exhaust fumes what was cooked in the oil! The biofuel they made seemed to work well in their tests.

Cheers

Dave

Brazilian guy
25-04-2008, 12:16 AM
Thanks Brazilian Guy. An international response! Good onya.

Shit, I'm famous.

You welcome, pal. Visit Brazil when you could. I can give some tips about hot spots. 8-)

Poodroo
25-04-2008, 10:02 AM
Enjoy. It will be one of the fastest 2 weeks but at least you will be excaping the rat race for a little bit. You forgot to mention that some rich Arab decided to use his crude oil supply just for his family further adding to the need to raise fuel prices by another 10%. ::) :-X

Poodroo