PDA

View Full Version : sunny coast

Kiwifisho
19-04-2008, 03:00 PM
Hi was just wondering if some-one can give me a few tips on Ideal weather conditions for fishing out of Mooloolaba I have a 5 metre sportfish with 80hp 8-) and all relevant safety gear so if some-one can help it would be muchly appreciated:D

gunna
19-04-2008, 05:11 PM
Keep an eye on Seabreeze. Anything up to 2 metres with winds up to 15K should be ok. In my opinion.

Angla
19-04-2008, 05:39 PM
I would say the same. Keep it in below 15's and watch the larger swell out from Coolum. It seems to pump up when up that way.

Chris

SunnyCoastMark
19-04-2008, 06:48 PM
Ummmmmm............ not today;) .............. or tomorrow;D

Seriously though - I have a 4.5m c/console and fish out of Mooloolaba a lot. If I want to go out to Murphy's, The Blinker or the Outer Gneerings - I am looking for a forecast under 10 knots (sometimes 15 knots if I am desperate.)

If I am looking to go to Old Woman Island, Close in to Carties, or even the reefs off coolum then am looking at no more than 15knots.

Any forecast from the NE - stay inside. Combine a stiff Nor Easter with SE Swell and it gets nasty.

If I an going be out after dark I will go out in the arvo and only stay out if it is pretty calm (under 10 knots) with little swell (under 1m) you don't want to get tipped over coming back in through the entrance - especially ATM

Seabreeze is good - but use the Double island readings as a truer indication, because even though the winds at Maroochydore and Tewantin might not be as strong at any given moment they soon will be. If the DI readings are low as well - you know you are pretty right...

Don't forget the GOLDEN Rule:-

IF IN DOUBT - DON'T GO OUT

Hope that helps

Mark

RAGINGBULL
20-04-2008, 07:01 AM
Kiwifisho

Use seabreeze

winters on the way so early W or SW off-shore winds in the morning allow you to easily fish the shallower reefs
Giddy-up

Look for the days that it turns from W to SE USE THESE DAYS TO STRETCH OUT FURTHER and travel with the wind on your back makes it a little easier

At the moment Thursday anmd friday next week look OK

GO TO GRAPHS

http://www.seabreeze.com.au

Cheers MARK

skipalong
20-04-2008, 07:16 AM
on a good day just follow the boats

JayT
20-04-2008, 07:47 AM
Hey Kiwi,
The guys are all right definitely, I check seabreeze constantly an I am heading up coolum way again probably wed o/night its looking the goods, couple of days after the moon on a decreasing swell with lighter winds should be ideal conditions for the fish to be on!!!
Anyways good luck where ever you go mate,
Cheers Thorpy

Kiwifisho
20-04-2008, 09:51 AM
Thanks to everybody for the info will try and do a bit more fishing up that way very soon my boat's name is Kotare so if you guys see me please say gidday

reel scream
20-04-2008, 10:46 AM
What does Kotare mean in Kiwi language mate?

Cheers Scott.

Angla
20-04-2008, 07:54 PM
Sounds like a NZ Kingfisher (bird)

Chris

Kiwifisho
23-04-2008, 06:04 PM
Yeah angla you got it right scott it also means bludger but not in my case lol