PDA

View Full Version : CONGRATULATIONS KIM BAIN- Brissie girl wins American BASS event!!

jim_bream
18-04-2008, 12:46 PM
I'd like to be the first to congratulate Kim Bain (ex-Brissie girl) for winning the Womens Bassmaster Tour on Lake Lewisville in Texas USA.
She is the first Aussie to win an American BASS event!!!
Stand and applaud please...
Jimbo
P.S. We need to organise an international meet n greet with our cousins over the water....

themissus
18-04-2008, 01:15 PM
That's great to hear, hope it's the first of many!!
Cheers Kim.

jim_bream
18-04-2008, 01:40 PM
Just spotted the write up on page 78 of todays Courier....

imnotoriginal
18-04-2008, 01:49 PM
Fantastic stuff from the aussie girl. I imagine it would take a heap of skill and talent to win in a foreign environment, she must have done a lot of research and hours on the water.
Joel

Reel Nauti
18-04-2008, 02:21 PM
I don't know Kim and I've never fished a bass tournament, but I'd like to congratulate her on a fine achievement. Dedication and commitment can bring remarkable results!

Dave

DR
18-04-2008, 02:45 PM
here ya go, Nuggets right on to it..
http://www.nuggetfishing.com.au/article_info.php?articles_id=87

Steve B
18-04-2008, 02:54 PM
That is a massive achievement from Kim. Congratulations. There is a bit of a write up on QFM website ( I hope I am allowed to say that;) )

$51,000 in cash and prize for winning!!, That includes a fully decked out ranger bass boat which goes with 1st prize too!!!!! Now that makes winning worth it :D

The american bass circuit is MASSIVE. if anyone watches it on pay TV they will know what i mean.

The winner of the aussie ABT grand final wins a trip to USA to compete in the US bass tour. A great bloke by the name of Kerry Symes is currently over there competing now. Not sure how he is going.

Again well done Kim.

cheers steve

bluefin59
18-04-2008, 03:56 PM
A big congratulations to kim on beating the yanks in there own inviroment with her own range of products, from what i read this morning its a great prize . Lets hope some auzzie men are up to achieving such recognition ,once again great work by an auzzie women .....matt

Whitto
18-04-2008, 04:03 PM
Congratulations Kim, What a feather in your cap to beat the World Champions of everything at their own game, You are much much more than a pretty face, well done, Cheers Whitto:D

NAGG
18-04-2008, 05:17 PM
Well done beating the Yanks at their own game

http://www.probass.com/WPT/index.php?pg=10078

woodsy76
18-04-2008, 05:23 PM
well done anytime a aussie gives it to the yanks is great. this wont be last time.woodsy

chief 1
18-04-2008, 05:54 PM
Great work,beat them at there own competition and as woodsy said,it won't be the last time

fivefishes
18-04-2008, 06:28 PM
Evening,

Well done Kim, SE Qld fishos owe Kim a lot, she has pioneered many different angling pursuits in her short career, i remember an article she wrote about catching Bull Sharks in the Brissie River 10 years ago, before it was cool to chase em. Likewise she has brought over some cool techniques re- soft plastics from the states. Well done, it helps she's easy on the eye too.

Matt

jtpython
18-04-2008, 06:47 PM
Go Aussie Go Thats an Effort in an american RunCompetition
Congrates Jt

Nic
19-04-2008, 10:40 AM
Lets hope some auzzie men are up to achieving such recognition

Steve Morgan is doing a pretty good job of flying the flag at the moment; in an open FLW Outdoors comp at Clear Lake he's fishing as a boater and (as of Day 2) is currently coming 12th out of a field of 200: http://stren.flwoutdoors.com/tournament.cfm?cid=3&t=news

Good effort for someone who only visits the US once a year! Go Team Oz. 8-)