PDA

View Full Version : Haines signature 540f

mackandkel
17-04-2008, 09:30 PM
Hi guys...and gals, Have been in boats all my life, mainly tinnys but am now stepping up into bigger boats as i have a 6 month old and want something safe to introduce him to the love of water and fishing that i have..
Have found a sig 540f 2000 model 5.53m long half cabin runabout for $25,000 any thoughts suggestions on what to look for and if its a good deal would be great .

S.S. bow rail, tonneau, folding bimini with front & side clears.
115hp Honda four-stroke( under 30 hrs) with Pro Pulse adjust pitch 4 blade propeller with spare S.S. 3 blade prop & new SE300 foil.
Live bait tank with S.S. pickup & new Johnson L550 pump on rear port quarter.Apelco sounder/fishfinder, GME 27 meg. radio, GME am/fm/vhf receiver with GME stereo weatherproof speakers.
Removable factory supplied 3 seater lounge with twin icebox/storage underneath ,same colour scheme as other seats.
Twin batteries with isolator/selector switch, Rule bilge pump, cabin & deck lights.
Porta-potti under cushioned v-berth, cabin has zip up privacy & fly screens in white vinyl.
Rear fold down bench seat, swim ladder, 2x rod holders, under floor storage locker &80Litre S.S. fuel tank.
Navigation lights, compass, fire extinguisher, life jackets, anchor & warp.
On registered galvanized, override braked McKay drive-on trailer with spare wheel, strap winch and new lights.
Cheers

TheRealAndy
17-04-2008, 09:49 PM
MAte looks ok. Do you research hit boatpoint, ebay and trading post to find market value. Also find a good marine mechanic to look over the boat and motor. There is a couple of guys here do inspections depending on where you are, well worth the bucks.

mackandkel
17-04-2008, 09:56 PM
Cheers Andy, im in Hervey Bay QLD and boats in Sydney. Seems to be a good price and cant see much could be wrong with it but will take your advice and arrange to have someone look it over.

Greg P
17-04-2008, 09:58 PM
I am not real sure on the pricing but to me it looks like a pretty good deal. Make sure you get the engine checked out and ensure there are no structural issues and you will have a great little rig to get the young bloke into it.