PDA

View Full Version : Balgal Tuna

stunnedmullet
17-04-2008, 03:18 PM
Just to show that each trip can hold a surprise, my first Tuna. Great fight, great eating. Went 20lbs A good day at the office.
The Mullet

abbot_86
17-04-2008, 04:51 PM
nice work buddy what did you get him on?? were you spinning or floating ??

skipalong
17-04-2008, 06:04 PM
great effort mate

Tony_P
17-04-2008, 07:44 PM
Nice Tuna Mullet....Very good for a first time capture. Hope there's many more to come.

Cheers Tony P

Stolly
17-04-2008, 08:35 PM
Balgal as in Balgal Beach? It has been windy of late, good to see somebody is getting out. Did you see any schools of Mack Tuna in your travels? I am preparing to get out a couple of times next week and if there are mack tuna around i will look around maggie for a bit of fun.

jtpython
17-04-2008, 09:09 PM
Champion stuff
I'm not fussed on eating them but for us make excellent strip bait for reefies
Great fighters in any sense thou
JT

stunnedmullet
21-04-2008, 03:40 PM
abbot_86-caught him floating a pillie.

Stolly- Yep Balgal beach. Windy yes, however out early home early and bearable. Did however straighten a reef pick at anchor a couple of weeks ago. Have seen some mack tuna around and quite a few small doggies and spaniards.

jtpython-I was iffy about eating it too mate. Hard to get my head around eating red fish flesh. I must admit though it was fantastic lightly panfried with a horesradish cream. Awesome. I am pretty sure it was a longtail tuna of some description and they are pretty good as far as tuna goes but each to their own.