PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Quintrex from Redland Bay

asher123
14-04-2008, 01:27 PM
Hi Everyone

Just hoped that everyone could keep an eye out for a Quintrex Nipper 3.1m tinny with rego. no. MJ392Q that i bought last week and was stolen 5 days later !! it was just the tinny they stole. (no trailer). I didnt even get a chance to take the kids out in it. Dirty rotten thieves. Also, if anyone has a cheap tinny for sale i would be interested, because now i am gonna have to buy another one anyways. It was stolen from Bay Street in Redland Bay on Thursday night / Friday morning 11th April. Gee it would be good if someone sees it and we can catch these pricks !

Cheers !

mad_pierre06
14-04-2008, 05:06 PM
That's just so bloody low!! Good luck getting it back mate. I am driving around that area twice a week, will keep an eye out.

reddybayfisher
15-04-2008, 04:57 PM
I'm in Mill St......will also keep an eye out......I walk the foreshore of Redland Bay everyday as well.....will look out for any shiny new tinnies about.....the rego. no stickers would have been taken off by now by the b******ds.....

asher123
15-04-2008, 04:58 PM
many thanks. we hope we will get it back too.

asher123
15-04-2008, 05:00 PM
thanks mate. the next one will have my name ground into it with an angle grinder and painted bright ugly colours to hopefully make it not so attractive and easy to sell off down the track !

reddybayfisher
15-04-2008, 05:37 PM
Just thinking about your tinnie.....have you had a look around the area - golf course / foreshore / parks......to walk away with it - someone has put it in there backyard / garage or dumped it somewhere.......have you reported it to the police?

asher123
15-04-2008, 08:18 PM
Just thinking about your tinnie.....have you had a look around the area - golf course / foreshore / parks......to walk away with it - someone has put it in there backyard / garage or dumped it somewhere.......have you reported it to the police?

Hey Mate. Yeah looked around quite a bit, rode my bike around the neighbourhood for a few hours, contacted the barge companies, contacted the police, the local radio and told everyone in the neighbourhood about it. i just hope that someone sees it in their neighbours backyard and dobs them in. The problem is now, everyone you see in the neighbourhood in the back of your head you think they are the thief.

Tassie JR
15-04-2008, 09:49 PM
Sorry to hear about your boat mate, hopefully you will eventuly get her back in one peice.

cheers tassie JR

reddybayfisher
16-04-2008, 05:47 AM
Hey Mate. Yeah looked around quite a bit, rode my bike around the neighbourhood for a few hours, contacted the barge companies, contacted the police, the local radio and told everyone in the neighbourhood about it. i just hope that someone sees it in their neighbours backyard and dobs them in. The problem is now, everyone you see in the neighbourhood in the back of your head you think they are the thief.

Yeah - you just never know who your neighbors really are....

Another possibility is that the tinnie was taken to the end of Bay St. and taken for a ride to one of the islands.....

Scott Ashe
16-04-2008, 02:01 PM
Hi mate,

Sorry to hear about your loss, it's a real shame, that not everybody wants to work hard and save for these things. I'm in Victoria point and will keep a look out for you.

Good luck in getting it back.

Cheers
Scott

whiting-wizard
16-04-2008, 04:05 PM
Hey mate i live in cleveland and ill keep a lookout for u mate.

asher123
17-04-2008, 01:37 PM
Just an update... the old guy 3 doors up had his boat stolen last night. Thieves 2 - Honest working people 0 !!

Outsider1
17-04-2008, 01:40 PM
Just an update... the old guy 3 doors up had his boat stolen last night. Thieves 2 - Honest working people 0 !!

suggests to me that it is probably locals asher, probably even live in your street, or nearby. Make sure both robberies are reported to police.

Cheers

Dave

reddybayfisher
17-04-2008, 04:01 PM
God damn.....sounds like the beginning of a crime spree......definitely a local by the sounds of it - two in about a week.....

gotya
01-05-2008, 09:29 PM
Hi Asher. Just drove up Double Jump rd this morning and notice a freshly painted tinnie with no trailer for sale up heading up towards Hieniman rd might be worth a look 8-)
Cheers...Paul.

whiting-wizard
02-05-2008, 06:26 PM
i hope you find your boat mate:(

Hornblower
02-05-2008, 06:34 PM
It is a hard thing and no doubt the kids are disappointed. Might be a reminder to others to engrave their name or date of birth somewhere near the transom or even on the manufacturers plate if your boat has one. Good luck mate. :'(