PDA

View Full Version : Overloaded Tinnie Near Seaway Sunday

BaitThrower
14-04-2008, 09:44 AM
Anyone else see the clowns in the overloaded mini-tinnie near Southport Seaway on Sunday arvo??

Basically, it looks like they were in a 3.1m punt (possibly slighty larger but definitely not bigger than my 3.4m) so likely a 3.1m... Guess how many adults they had in it? Five! And these were big adults!

Anyway this thing was sitting so low in the water they would have likely been only 20cm max off the waterline! The stern was almost in the water. They were packed in like sardines and even the smallest breaking wave would have put them under. They were lucky it was fairly calm, apart from the wake from other boats passing...

I hope the water police nabbed em coz it was just plain stupid, not to mention a very high risk of sinking the thing.

Too bad I didnt have my camera on me. It was comical to say the least.

plaztix
14-04-2008, 09:54 AM
Saw the same thing when i stayed down the broadwater last year.

5 big islanders crammed in to a very shallow sided 12 foot punt complete with esky full of booze. Madness.

I was surprised to see them come back later that day.

BaitThrower
14-04-2008, 10:02 AM
I reckon this might have been the same mob then! Then again this mob were definitely not in 12 footer... More like a 10 footer :o

ctwaddle
14-04-2008, 05:46 PM
You see it up north all the time and to make things thats bit worse is that they normally have 4 adults and about 4 kids who by the looks of them would be flat out swimming. Can bet that dont have 8 life jackets.

BaitThrower
14-04-2008, 06:05 PM
Yeah, dumb enough to put yourself (and any other adults in the boat) in danger - although I wouldn't get myself in that boat as a passenger because I have brains - but to put kids in there as well... These people don't deserve to breathe air!

plaztix
14-04-2008, 10:08 PM
I reckon this might have been the same mob then! Then again this mob were definitely not in 12 footer... More like a 10 footer :o

It could well have been a 10, my imperial - metric conversion isn't so good. I'm from the new skool :P;D;D .