PDA

View Full Version : Im buying a Formosa 550 center cab

ANDREW STEVENS
13-04-2008, 09:18 PM
;D I need help , after reading all the posts my heart in set on getting my own formosa 550 center cab it just suits all my needs. I've spoken to my local boat dealer in darwin and he seems to think for what i want will cost me approx $45000. but i have seen this boat advertised for $33000 to $35000. I need a duel trailer good chart plotter, sounder, radio, safty gear and maybe a deck wash and thats about it. SO IM ASKING YOU FORMOSA OWNERS WHERE I'D GET THE BEST DEAL REMBERING I NEED TO GET IT TO DARWIN. Does this dealers price sound about wright or am i dreaming.........:-[

seren-y-mor
14-04-2008, 09:47 AM
Good choice Andrew...I have a 5.5 centre cab with a 115 suzi 4 stroke and i am very happy with it, i had the transom door, kill tank, clears, navman plotter, vhf, sounder, mp3 player, I have single axle swiftco trailer and i wish that i didnt but not going into that again!
The whole thing came out at 40k i went through coastal powerboats on the goldcoast, i found them very helpful (unlike swiftco).......
regards Jason

ANDREW STEVENS
16-04-2008, 07:43 AM
Hey Cheers Mate So You Think Duel Axle Trailer Would Be Heaps Better And How Big Is The Kill Tank ,

seren-y-mor
16-04-2008, 08:35 AM
Andrew, the kill tank is big enough for me, i will messure it up for you a little later if you like? I find the single axle trailer ok I towed the whole rig up to the whitsundays last week (about a 1000kms) But i would definatly go for a different brand next time.
Jason

levinge
16-04-2008, 03:27 PM
Andrew, depends on your budget. I have a 5.8M Formosa Centre Cab on order and getting it through the Tinnie Shack at Mission Beach in NQ for 46k. The following is a run down on what is being put in this one, so hopefully it will give you an idea in comparisons

135HP Honda BF 4 stroke
Dual axle Redco trailer
Dual Battery system
Bilge Pump
Medium Pressue Deck Wash System
Digital Epirb
Transom door and dive ladder
3/4 lounge
seat boxes and seats
3 x LED Deck lights
2 x 12 Volts outlets
6 x Rod holders
Bimini
Marine Stereo
VHF Radio
Kill Tank
Bait Board

Don't think I have left anything out, but as you can see, its pretty much the bells and whistles option pack. I would definitely go for the Dual Axle trailer, even on the 5.5M as no doubt you'll be towing to some really good locations up there, The Tinnie Shack supply both models with a dual axle as standard fit. Your only added cost would be to have it trucked up to Darwin, which no doubt could be arranged. Also Dean and Carla are very professional and will answer all your questions and make you feel comfortable about the whole process.

If you want some more info on the boat, PM me anytime

Tangles
16-04-2008, 07:22 PM
I think Mad One just bought one, do a search for his threads as he mentioned the price from memory but i think it was around the 40's all kitted out..

mike

;D I need help , after reading all the posts my heart in set on getting my own formosa 550 center cab it just suits all my needs. I've spoken to my local boat dealer in darwin and he seems to think for what i want will cost me approx $45000. but i have seen this boat advertised for $33000 to $35000. I need a duel trailer good chart plotter, sounder, radio, safty gear and maybe a deck wash and thats about it. SO IM ASKING YOU FORMOSA OWNERS WHERE I'D GET THE BEST DEAL REMBERING I NEED TO GET IT TO DARWIN. Does this dealers price sound about wright or am i dreaming.........:-[

levinge
16-04-2008, 07:54 PM
Hey Aigutso, The only difference from his price will be the fact that Formosa had a price rise mid March, but even that rise, the price is still one of the best on the market..

Tangles
16-04-2008, 08:00 PM
those Formosa's are a very nice boat, wouldnt say no to one in my yard and really well priced, the price of the 5.2 CC is great value i reckon

Mad-One
17-04-2008, 05:45 AM
Andrew......I bought a 5.5 c/cab with 115 Suk 4 stroke, bait tank( plumbed) and b/board, rear lounge,low pressure deckwash, bilge pump, cd player, 27mhz, 4507 f/finder, 5430 gps, bimini and clears, spotlight, 4 rod holders plus whats on the targa top, kill tank, dual batteries(switched) , transom door (glad i got that)and all saftey gear on a single wheel trailer for $42500. Absolutely love the boat just wish the weather had been better to use it more but that will come.
They are a great boat and you will be happy with one.

Cheers Mad

ANDREW STEVENS
17-04-2008, 08:10 AM
Hey Cheers Boyz , Just Seen An Ad For A New 08 Formosa Center Cab 580 Kitted Out And My Choice Of 115hp Motor And Duel Trailer For Only $38750 Now That Sounds Like A Mint Deal...

If Any Of Ya's Are Looking For Any Radios Or Chartplotters Or Marine Gear Like That These Following Australian Import Sites From The Usa Beat Any Ozzy Price By Miles,,,,,;d ;d ;d ;d ;d

Google These-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scubasteves

Gpsspecials

###### IMPORTS