PDA

View Full Version : Quintrex 450 Hornet or Blue finn warrior or wildcat

marsbars
13-04-2008, 08:52 PM
Hi.
Im about to buy a boat and confused about what kind. I have about 25k to spend and im not sure of the hornet 450 Quintex or a blue fin Warrior/Wildcat both with 60 mercury 4 strokes.I live at Redland bay in queensland and will be fishing around he bays. I want it for fishing and going through rough water at times. I have been to many boat shops and they are telling me all diffrent kinds of things. The blue fin is about 4k cheaper. Any suggestions on either boat would be greatly appeciated..

Many Thanks
Ben

Poodroo
13-04-2008, 09:07 PM
Well I was asking the same questions late last year but in the end I could not fault the Blue Fin. Was inclusive of a few more extras for less money so with the savings by having gone for a Blue Fin I justified an increase of 10 more horses on the back.

Poodroo

TonyM
13-04-2008, 09:59 PM
I've owned both a Hornet Trophy and a Bluefin Warror, they're both good boats although as with any boat have their strengths and weaknesses.

The hornets are best if you primarily intend to use the boat in impoundments and estuaries and need a stable platform for lure/fly casting. It is far more stable than the bluefin at rest, they also have a superior layout with the front and rear casting decks, wells, and storage.

For what you've described though, you might be better off with a Bluefin as they are a more suited to handling chop. They're not as stable at rest however every single boat is a compromise and you need to focus on your primary intended use, which for you is bay use.

Basically the more of a "V" in a hull the better it will ride in a chop, however will be less stable at rest. The eclipse hull in the Hornets are great at handling a small chop although aren't really meant to handle a lot of banging (they ride quite well although the design of the hull means it's put under a lot of pressure in that scenario).

I currently have a Hornet which I use occasionally in the bay (Hervey Bay) which it is great for if you pick days when the conditions are good, although most of my fishing nowadays is estuary/impoundment and it's far better at that. If I was mainly fishing in the bay I'd possibly still have the bluefin (although still prefer the fitout of the hornet by far)

Cheers
Tony

Cheers
Tony

NAGG
13-04-2008, 10:21 PM
Could not have said it any better Tony ...... Specially since you actually owned / own both8-)

How the hell have you been ?

Chris

TonyM
13-04-2008, 10:51 PM
Could not have said it any better Tony ...... Specially since you actually owned / own both8-)

How the hell have you been ?

Chris

Thanks Chris :)

Great thanks mate! Haven't had as much luck on the barra as you since we met, although planning to change that at the sweetwater m&g (Hopefully!)

Might have to have a crack at a salty again soon as it's been a while! Just waiting on a replacement part for my zillion as it was !@#$% broken upon arrival!

Cheers
Tony

bluefin59
14-04-2008, 04:30 AM
That comparison by tony is correct and well put as he said if you want to run around morton bay get the fin ihave the predator its the same as the warrior only with a side console ,had it 4 yr and it has put up with a fair belting and the money you save will get you a 4 stroke or an upgrade on the sounder ....matt

I bought mine from theo at MrTs tinnies at capalaba he looked after me ,i tried to send you a p.m but it wouldn't work for some reason ...matt8-) 8-)