PDA

View Full Version : Car park

jimbo59
13-04-2008, 07:12 PM
Funny thing down at cabbage tree this morning about 10 cars with boats all waiting in a line for the first bloke to make a move and put in but he was fartarsing around so i just drove around everyone and sunk mine and high tailed it out of there.Im sorry if you were one of the unfortunates but i was on a mission;D .

jimbo59
13-04-2008, 07:23 PM
Forgot to mention this was a 5 in the morning

Essence
13-04-2008, 07:41 PM
When I first clicked on this, I thought it was the old guy who blocked up Rudys this morning.
All boats going in (heap of fishing clubs)and out, other than small tinnies had to juggle around him.

skipalong
14-04-2008, 06:44 AM
there is always one in every bunch

maztez
14-04-2008, 08:09 AM
Had the same at the Grand Sunday arve . A family launched their haines then left it with a daughter to hold against the pontoon effectively stopping any launching or retrievals on that side. They then proceeded to unload the car in the carpark kids , eskys, dad ,it went on .We helped the girl holding the boat to move it so we could drive on and go .
as we were leaving , the greatest noise was heard from mum regarding the BUNGS ....
I had to go back to the ramp 10 minutes later and they were still there ,mum still ranting and raving . From looking at them I wondered if they had ever done this before.
cheers Terry

Fish_Two
14-04-2008, 05:52 PM
i was at the Grand Midday lunch time, saw a guy drop his jet ski in, leave his Girl friend there, go get a car park, 45min later comes back and puts the jet ski back on the trailer, No car parks,

PinHead
14-04-2008, 06:56 PM
When I first clicked on this, I thought it was the old guy who blocked up Rudys this morning.
All boats going in (heap of fishing clubs)and out, other than small tinnies had to juggle around him.

awwww..come on..I am not that old.

Fatenhappy
14-04-2008, 07:41 PM
Re Pinhead .... I am !!!

ozscott
14-04-2008, 07:54 PM
I run a pretty slick operation most of the time but with kids and wife only I slow down a little...but we all had a steep learning curve. I get frustrated sometimes with some people and given them a hand when I can, but Geez there are some hot heads at the ramps. Funny thing is that if you happen to have a bad day getting the rig back on and a hot head gets hot, you go up and ask what his problem is he usually has none to tell you about...:)

littlejim
14-04-2008, 08:10 PM
Murrays Beach is pretty good, except during holidays. I usually have a chat to the bloke in front and the bloke behind and suggest that if the one behind is ready before me that he whizz past and get stuck into the fish.
In the holidays you always seem to get at least one bod who drives on to the two lane ramp and proceeds to pack or unpack the boat in the middle, after learning how to back a trailer. As suggested best results come from providing help rather than abuse.

jimbo59
14-04-2008, 09:18 PM
Well as ya know cabbage tree can fit 3 trailers on the ramp and everyone was just waiting and looking at this dude get ready. When i put mine in it started a procession everyone started to go around him.