PDA

View Full Version : Never trust your Photographer.

Frank OO
13-04-2008, 12:46 PM
All of the people who used to watch the TV series” Tooltime” will understand Mr. Wilson. The only part of his face that was visible was the top of his head. The rest was always hidden behind the fence. Well I am not sure if the photographer had Mr. Wilson in mind when he took the photos yesterday but to me it means you should never trust your Photographer.

These Photos were taken Saturday 12 April 2008 at Shallow Tempest at about 07:00am with a 25 knot Southerly. Today the weather is perfect and I am putting up this thread..

Hope it creates a smaile

FrankO

samson
13-04-2008, 12:52 PM
either hold your fish lower or get a bigger head

Frank OO
13-04-2008, 01:08 PM
My Head is big enough What about a smaller fish??

Frank OO

Pistol_P
13-04-2008, 01:14 PM
Yeah your not alone there Frank.....

I have had my fair share of dud pictures when you get a good fish....

Great kingy though....What did he go...?....Looks about 14kg..????

Pete

ffejsmada
13-04-2008, 01:41 PM
Did you get any shots of your dial Frank or are they all like that??????;D

I'm pretty sure most of us on here would rather see the fish than your head anyway Frank.;D;D;D

We know what you look like.;)

Jeff

Tassie JR
13-04-2008, 02:54 PM
nice work frank, you missed out on today it was glassed out, probally a good thing tho there was about 500 boats out at the cape.

cheers Dan

Frank OO
13-04-2008, 03:11 PM
Hi Pete,

That was the only fish that was caught yesterday and it weighed just over 12 Kg.

Frank OO

Frank OO
13-04-2008, 03:13 PM
Hi Jeff,

I tend to agree. 30 years ago maybe but not today. I don't need to impress anyone any more.

Frank OO

Frank OO
13-04-2008, 03:14 PM
Hi Dan,

Did you do any good any good out there today?

Frank OO

Fish_gutz
13-04-2008, 04:44 PM
nice kingie Frank did you get him on a jig? No AJ`s at hutchies ?

lizard bribie
13-04-2008, 05:18 PM
NICE FISH FRANK OO IN THOSE CONDITIONS KEEP SMILING CHEERS lizard bribie

chief 1
13-04-2008, 05:26 PM
At least you don't have to hurt your cheeks smiling

skipalong
13-04-2008, 05:47 PM
hey nice fish frank, a little bigger would be better he woudnt be able to hold it so high

Black_Rat
13-04-2008, 05:54 PM
At least you got a few Frank, we were at Shallow Tempest today and fished from there up to the Cape for a plauge of rat Kingies >:(

Was a bit lumpy at first light but the day got better at every hour.

DALEPRICE
13-04-2008, 06:27 PM
top stuff frank, wasnt it nasty saturday ! i was out near cal wide sat
ans it was dirty, today was like a different place out their.
both days proved hard going out their fish wise, thats a corker of a kingie!
what did he fall for ?
cheers dale

dfox
13-04-2008, 06:50 PM
Think yourselves lucky Frank and Dale, i was out wide friday night and by saturday the wind had dropped. Its a hard nights fishing in 30-35knotts, at least the fish were bighting all night, great kingy frank ...foxy

Frank OO
13-04-2008, 06:52 PM
Hi Andrew ( Fish Gutz)

We were at Shallow Tempest and normally use the Soft Plastics for the King fish but the sounder made it obvious that they were feeding under us and so we used the knife Jigs. We hooked this one on the second Jig and hooked another on the next drop.

The weather was really bad and by the time we got up to Smiths we decided to head for home. The AJs can wait till the next time.

Frank OO

Hi Lizard,

Nice to see another Bribie fisherman..

Hi Chief_1,

My cheeks were pretty tired from cranking the fish up….. Oh!! You mean those cheeks…

Hi Skipalong,

Any bigger and I wouldn’t be able to pull him in… Man those fish have got some grunt…

Hi Black Rat,

Thanks for the information. All we saw were the big boys.. Amazing the difference a day makes..

Hi Dale,

It was really tempting to get out there again today but I had a bit going on. Not only that but I have to keep the boss happy.

That King fish weighed in just over the 12Kg.

It must be the moon phase or something because there was nothing biting. We saw plenty of fish but they weren’t playing the game.

Thanks for all the return fellas.

Frank OO

Frank OO
13-04-2008, 06:58 PM
Hi Foxy,

You catch some great fish but I know how hard you have to work to get them.

35Knots is a bit too much for me, especially at night. The waves seem twice as high at night and I am really a chicken at heart.

As soon as the weather starts to become a bit more stable I will have to go up to the “Hards” for a Day I would still like to get a “Big Red” on Plastics.

Good to hear from you mate.

Frank OO

Poodroo
13-04-2008, 07:33 PM
You did a great job of photoshopping the Egrell rod out of the photos too.:P
Nice kingfish. May have only been one fish but it was enough to feed 2-3 families at least. ;)

Poodroo

Tassie JR
13-04-2008, 07:53 PM
Hi Dan,

Did you do any good any good out there today?

Frank OO

Frank not quite as good as you, we got a few reefies. We did a fair bit of trolling without any luck. we will have to start going out to wide cal again and get back in to the pearlies.

cheers Dan

mangomick
13-04-2008, 08:42 PM
The photographer should have given you a bit of time to comb your hair too:P

reel scream
14-04-2008, 08:34 AM
G'Day Frank,

Nice fish, who was the photographer? Back at work now!! Camping up the beach was great. Have Fri, sat, sun off if you need a deckie.

Did you have a crack at the spot i fished last week?

Dan- good to see you and your dad got out. Sorry about rainbow, did the family camp instead.

Cheers Scott.

Frank OO
14-04-2008, 08:47 AM
Hi Mangomick,

If I can comb my hair I know its time to get a haircut. It is great getting old because you don't really care what you look like. Its all about the fish..

Frank OO

Frank OO
14-04-2008, 08:51 AM
Have Fri, sat, sun off if you need a deckie.

Hi Scott, Have you seen the weather for the week???

Did you have a crack at the spot i fished last week?

No Mate, It was just too rough. Had a dummy nspit and went home

Nice kingfish. May have only been one fish but it was enough to feed 2-3 families at least.

Hi Poodroo, One family for three weeks.

Frank OO

reel scream
14-04-2008, 09:59 AM
seabreeze saying over 20 fri sat sun. Doh. Will have fingers crossed it changes. will have a look at the synoptic chart.

Cheers Scott.

Liberty
14-04-2008, 10:00 AM
Nice fish Franko.

You're right Sunday conditions were glossy. We had a nice run back in from the Shelf - at 40 knots.

:-)

scoota
14-04-2008, 10:10 AM
Had 5 goes at and still got it wrong! I would give up too;D

Nice kingy again Frank! Ya really missed a cracker of a day yesterday.
Went out in a mates new Alison and found a patch of kingies off the Cape.
Long way up out of 80m but the smiles are worth it;D

Scoota...

pursuit001
14-04-2008, 04:22 PM
nice fish there well done

outsiderskip
14-04-2008, 05:02 PM
pics dont lie
only the writer hehe
]
pete

Tassie JR
14-04-2008, 06:07 PM
yeah scott, it would had been a great weekend up there for offshore, but there is always next time.

cheers Dan

Fishbait
14-04-2008, 07:21 PM
Well done Frank. You definately know how to get onto 'em.

Darren :-)

eotbmg
14-04-2008, 09:16 PM
Best photo of your head ive seen for a long time!

revs57
15-04-2008, 05:51 AM
Frank, you'll just have to catch smaller fish mate - at least one can accuse you of being a big head!!!!!

You're certaily givig those egrells a work out, my arms are sore just lookin' at that king

Foxy just doesn't appreciate the finer points of reds and platics mate but I'm with you - I was hoping to get one at the Swains recently to no avail...Here's hoping the weather clears for a trip into the hard soon mate

cheers

rhys

Frank OO
15-04-2008, 08:09 AM
Hi Nigel,

You're right Sunday conditions were glossy. We had a nice run back in from the Shelf - at 40 knots.

40Knots eh??? Have you checked your speedo?? Looking forward to seeing what it feels like.

found a patch of kingies off the Cape. Long way up out of 80m but the smiles are worth it

Great Work Scoota. Good to see you amongst them. Can you give me your GPS mark to see if it the same as mine.......

Best photo of your head ive seen for a long time!

I love you too Ben.

Foxy just doesn't appreciate the finer points of reds and plastics mate but I'm with you - I was hoping to get one at the Swains recently to no avail...Here's hoping the weather clears for a trip into the hard soon mate.

Foxy may not be a great Plastics man be he knows how to land the “Big Reds”. If we are really nice to him he may even point us in the right direction. He might even tell you where to Go!!!!!

Thanks for all the good thoughts and maybe even some of the bad ones.

Frank OO

revs57
15-04-2008, 08:33 AM
Mate Foxy always tells me where to go!!!!

Liberty
15-04-2008, 03:16 PM
Hi Nigel,

40Knots eh??? Have you checked your speedo?? Looking forward to seeing what it feels like.

It felt like 4 knots slower than the 44 knots coming back across the bay ...

;D