PDA

View Full Version : Jack Plates

johnnytheone
13-04-2008, 12:05 PM
G'day all.
I'm thinking about installing a CMC hydraulic jack plate onto my 23 footer which I've ripped the stern drive out of, in order to hang an outboard on the back. I would greatly appreciate any comments, particularly based on experience. I was planning to put a pod on the boat, but this may well be a better option.
John.

BlackArrow
13-04-2008, 01:01 PM
I have a CMC jackplate on my 5.5. plate boat. I do a lot of long trips in excess of 300kms. I have had the plate for 3.5 years now and the only problem I had with it was the indicator guage back cracked ( my fault was too tight)and allowed moisture in. I can get around in 400-500mm of water, great for flats fishing. The best part is the difference in fuel consumtion on a trip I can run it up the top (100%to 80%) depending on nthe sea. The fuel consumtion decreases by up to .5km (max) sometimes and you can decrease the revs and maintain the same speed. They are expensive but if you use your boat enough they will eventually start repaying you. If you get one make sue you take all the bolts out and put antiseize on them. Go the the plate with the most setback. I got mine from the States much cheaper than here.

regards

Blackarrow