PDA

View Full Version : Outboard manuals on CD ???

ozrick
13-04-2008, 09:40 AM
Was wondering if anyone knew if the outboard manuals that come on a CD are any good ....they are selling them on ebay

Xahn1960
13-04-2008, 09:59 AM
I've bought the general one and a Mercury specific one, Not bad CDs in general but both were cheap copies and did not have all the info I wanted.. I would only recomend them as a guide for general maintenance...... Hope this helps...

Bill.

Xahn1960
13-04-2008, 10:04 AM
I should add to that.... despite the shortfalls I don't regret getting them, enough there to justify the cost.

Bill.

toymod
13-04-2008, 10:24 AM
I bought one for a patrol, and at best its was worth as much as a blank cd. Complete waste of money and time.

What manual are you looking for?

ozrick
13-04-2008, 10:28 AM
I bought one for a patrol, and at best its was worth as much as a blank cd. Complete waste of money and time.

What manual are you looking for?

Looking for a manual for a 1980 35 horse Evinrude

skeeter
13-04-2008, 10:34 AM
I bought an OMC one for a 10 year old 2 stroke, and have been very happy with it. Print out the page I need and go do the work, dont care if I get it dirty, recycle it and print out another one.

Peter

CreelReaper
13-04-2008, 11:14 PM
Mate if you do an internet check on your evinrude model you just might be able to obtain a copy of your manual in pdf downloadable format. Maybe even contact evinrude themselves as they might be able to point you in the right direction.

Noelm
14-04-2008, 08:42 AM
from my experience the CD manuals are just cheap scanned copies of cheap book type Manuals, and are not all that great, still better than nothing I guess, but the GENUINE Manufacturers Manual will be well worth the added cost over the "no name" and CD based ones every time when it comes time to do something a bit tricky, most are just sort of generic Manuals that cover lots of bits without actually referring to your exact model.

BaitThrower
14-04-2008, 09:07 AM
Yes a lot of these CD manuals are just scans of manuals that came from who knows where and being ripped off by shoddy ebay sellers. You can find these manuals for download online with a little looking. I got one for my 86 johnno but the same manuals would cover your model too I would say.

I ended up buying the Clymer book manual for my motor, although even that one is probably one of Clymer's worst workshop manuals for some reason??

PM me if you want these PDF manuals and I can put em on a CD and send. I don't think they are copyrighted anymore because I cant even find the book equivalent of these PDF manuals anywhere for sale from a legit seller. ThCD manuals i got off some scammer on ebay are not terribly good quality and often poorly scanned, but might get you through ok.

BaitThrower
14-04-2008, 09:12 AM
Actually the PDF manual I got obnly covers 1.5-35hp models up to 1978 so probably not suitable.