PDA

View Full Version : Off Facing Island

bundylundy
11-04-2008, 03:38 PM
Fished out the front of Facing Island, Gladstone this morning. Trolled the coffee rock early for 1 legal schoolie (released). Then bottom fished around Sable Cheif for a 2.5kg bluie & 48cm squire. Released a couple of maddy cod and a shark. Pulled the hook on another bluie after getting him off the bottom (spewin'). All in all, things were fairly quiet. Weather conditions got better as the day went. Checked out by the Boat and Fisheries for the first time in a while, no problems. Home in time for a late lunch and a beer, sure beats working. :D

Jeff

mangomick
12-04-2008, 06:20 AM
Mate picked up some nice grassies around Rat a few days ago.
Just before the really good weather came in.

Cobia Kid
13-04-2008, 07:25 PM
did you think about hitting up the beacons and the morten star, the nannygui are
really starting to school, good to see the bluies getting around sable chief,
also, how deep water do you fish there??
cheers

bundylundy
14-04-2008, 10:41 PM
Cobia Kid,
Fished the wrecks a fortnight ago, found the best nanny's on the Red Dolphin. Plenty of small one's on the Bindaree, too many roy's(trigger fish) on the Mortean Star. Biggest fish was a 9.6kg Golden Trevor, brought home a couple of nanny's around 55cm. Decided on a change on Friday and fished in approx. 40ft on Sable Cheif.

Jeff.

Cobia Kid
15-04-2008, 06:53 AM
cheers mate, i might have to head around there in my tinny next weather break, i
have a 3.8m tinny with a 15 johnson on the back if you see me out give me ahoy,
cheers,
jamie

tom18147
27-04-2008, 07:38 AM
hi jeff
tom this end how you been long time no see are you still in the sport fishing club just got a new tinny if you run in to neil he has my number give us a call and we can get trip or two in ok mate good to see your still around