PDA

View Full Version : Gordon *%$#ing Ramsay's calamari

Nic
09-04-2008, 11:19 AM
Just wanted to pass on a recipe we pinched from Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Disasters show. It's an improved version of the traditional salt and pepper squid.

We're still toying with the ratio of ingredients, as he didn't specify the amounts on the show, but no matter what we do it still turns out great.

The ingredients are:

- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Chili powder
- Salt
- Pepper
- Cornflour (that's real cornflour, not the wheaten kind)

You just toss the squid rings or scored strips in the mixture, whack them the fryer and you're done... nice and easy. :)

BaitThrower
09-04-2008, 12:26 PM
Just wanted to pass on a recipe we pinched from Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Disasters show. It's an improved version of the traditional salt and pepper squid.

We're still toying with the ratio of ingredients, as he didn't specify the amounts on the show, but no matter what we do it still turns out great.

The ingredients are:

- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Chili powder
- Salt
- Pepper
- Tempura batter or cornflour (that's real cornflour, not the wheaten kind)

You just toss the squid rings or scored strips in the mixture, whack them the fryer and you're done... nice and easy. :)

Well f&*k me! that's a great recipe (said in the words of Mr Ramsay himself) ;D

BR65
09-04-2008, 07:51 PM
geez, he was on fire last nite, really gave it to that poor ba*tard masqueradeing as a general manager
thanks for the recipe nic
cheers
brian

Whitto
11-04-2008, 04:52 PM
Gee's there's some grubs pretending to be Chef's on that show:o, no wonder he swears, he uses the Fword every second word, I heard him use the Cword a couple of weeks ago, nealy fell off my chair, some how it's not all that offensive if u are not watching the show with your mother::) Cheers Whitto

fleety77
11-04-2008, 05:36 PM
one of thr best shows going at the moment..................

bustastu
11-04-2008, 08:51 PM
Thanks for that.

Awesome show, I would love to see an Aussie version as Chopping Block is a bit tame after watching Mr RAMSAY.

BS.

Greg P
11-04-2008, 09:23 PM
There is an Aussie one coming soon. I think he is opening a restaurant in Melbourne and is doing a show to select the chef etc.

Outsider1
11-04-2008, 10:54 PM
It is addictive, but Gordon does love himself!! Would not miss it though!

Cheers

Dave

tinniemad
14-04-2008, 06:56 PM
he is a pisser!funny as.

Freeeedom
01-05-2008, 12:18 PM
Love the guy - he'll take on anyone no matter how important a 'celebrity' they are. Especially liked the series where he raised a group of turkeys for Christmas (with the help of his kids) and named them after other celebrity chefs!
Cheers Freeeedom

Dirtysanchez
02-05-2008, 04:13 PM
LoL !!
I like this F%$king recipe, thank you, and I like his show
I loved it when he was in the USA and gave the Yanks a serve.. One place I am sure was run by a small time gangster.. a pisser of a laugh
I have an omelette one from him :-* but it seems too large to upload

pescados
06-07-2008, 01:53 PM
Go Gordon.

garman1
06-07-2008, 04:40 PM
The part I can't understand is.... these people are up to their neck in debt, even more and they argue that he knows nothing and THEY INVITED him, like DAHHHHHRRR

He must be so tempted at times to say , **** this is bollocks and simply walk out. The other thing is, if you go to a restaurant...is their kitchen like the ones that ramsay go in to clean up....... not a good thought !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Learning to cook under him, would be like walking on a road full of bindi-eyes, if you made your training to the end, not only would you be a chef but I think you could kill someone with no hesitation, after putting up with his tirades for years

Love the show, hate to work with him.....................

Cheers Garry

sid_fishes
08-07-2008, 07:03 PM
garmin1, mate the kitchens he has walked into are nothing as to what i have had to walk into. i repair,refit and remodel kitchens, i have seen things , so much so i wont eat there. i have seen 4 inch cocky;s running across food, dead rats in places we wont talk about. as for learning to cook under him, that would be a blast. to learn from a chef who cares about what he serves poeple works for me. cheers ian