PDA

View Full Version : who makes your boat?

johnny roger
07-04-2008, 10:10 PM
conducting a survey to see what is the more popular boat on the water.

Do any of you have any of the following boats:
Quintrex 430 escape or 440+ coast runner.
Bluefin 4M discovery or 4M+ weekender.
Makocraft 460.
Stacer 455.
Allycraft bay raider 460 or 435 intruder.
Seajay 455 classic runabout.
Formosa 460 RA.

I appreciate you taking the time to reply back.:)

plaztix
07-04-2008, 10:23 PM
might be worth setting this up as a poll if you want to know numbers.

Just edit your post and scroll down to the additional options. At the bottom you will see create a poll (or something) select the number of choices to suit the number of boats and off you go.

johnny roger
08-04-2008, 05:40 AM
might be worth setting this up as a poll if you want to know numbers.

Just edit your post and scroll down to the additional options. At the bottom you will see create a poll (or something) select the number of choices to suit the number of boats and off you go.
Thanks Paztix, its done now. i was going to do it earlier but when i got to the polling information page when i first started this thread, i forgot what my options where. so i had to write them all down again and add them to the poll.
John

Noelm
08-04-2008, 09:55 AM
why have you just selected those very precise models??? and then not even include an "other" seems like you are going to buy one and need justification for your choice, or maybe I am way off target and misread what you are getting at.

johnny roger
08-04-2008, 11:02 AM
Noelm,
these are the models that i fancy buying, but can't make up me mind. i thought a bit of 'democracy' might help me. And believe, i have miles of paper and pics on all these models. perhaps i have given myself too much to choose from. I did narrow it down to just 3, but then obviously the list got longer with all the variables in the boat building game.
I apologize for not including an 'other' box.
John

SummerTrance
08-04-2008, 11:20 AM
Ive got a Stacer 475 Easyrider sports. It's a great allround fishing and family boat. Tops for family days on the water, cruising, tubing and stuff, then for fishing mode, I can take out the rear lounge seat (for more room at the back), the bow seat cousions and pop in the bow infill and ive got a casting deck up front.

johnny roger
08-04-2008, 11:29 AM
Thanks for that Summer Trance. All the activities you have just mentioned are exactly what i intend to do. Which brings me to my next question...i am not too familiar with you boats transom, but whith other boats that have the 2 transom handles on it, do you reckon they would be strong enough to pull a tube?
John

SummerTrance
08-04-2008, 11:40 AM
Not sure about the side rails. Mine came fitted with a ski pole, which also that the bait board attaches too. The pole is rated for skiing. Also the transom step is part of the hull, so the total hull length is 4.95m

johnny roger
08-04-2008, 12:00 PM
looks great mate. How long have you been (can i say) a 'boatie"?

SummerTrance
08-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Have been around boats since I was a kid (im 28 now), but thats my first boat. Got it last October, and lovin it! could never live without a boat again.

johnny roger
08-04-2008, 01:12 PM
cool. where are you at?

SummerTrance
08-04-2008, 01:23 PM
Im in brisneyland, only recently discovered Moreton Bay, and not looking back

The-easyrider
08-04-2008, 07:16 PM
Hi their I've got a stacer 525 easyrider same as summer trances only a touch longer with a 115 di evinrude and lots of extras that is up for sale has been a great boat for all the reasons mentioned , one week taking the kids tubing then the next week out in the bay or if conditions suit out the front of moreton or a quick run up to Monduran chasing big barra 8-) full details will be posted on for sale section later tonite

johnny roger
11-04-2008, 06:17 AM
Mornin all,
i can't believe that out of over 24,000 members and countless guests, that only 11 people have these kind of boats. maybe i've been looking at the wrong kind of boats?
John:-/

pubgolf
12-04-2008, 08:09 AM
Hey Johnny its not about what everybody else owns
Its about what you want to own.
Go to a few boat yards there are almost as many of them in Cairns as there are pubs.
Wonder around and look at all the boats in the size/price range your looking for.
Climb on them, let your kids climb all over them. Ask the salesmen a few questions, filtering through all the rubbish they talk.
im sure that you will find a boat that YOU like and a there no doubt will be an Ausfisher who owns the exact same boat as the one you bought.
You just wont find Your boat on a fishing forum

:thumbsup:

Rod

SummerTrance
12-04-2008, 07:43 PM
Also, just in case you havnt already. Check out www.boatpoint.com.au (http://www.boatpoint.com.au)

loophole
12-04-2008, 08:16 PM
BLUEFIN 5.25 bowrider