PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha Dealer Closed Goodna

Stopstealingcrabpots
06-04-2008, 09:47 PM
Hello to everyone I am Touchies (Fred Wood) youngest son. I picked myself up a Late 2005 Quintrex Dory a few weeks back and I am loving being back out in the water again. I Took my boat in for a major service not knowing the history of the motor and got a major service at Westiside Yamaha Goodna and it now runs like a peice of crap and when I ring back to see about getting it fixed he says no mechanic back next week I ring the next week mechanic back another week. I then find an add in the Trading post closing down sale
good luck for me on getting my boat fixed there
( tried many of call to them there not interested )
I have no idea how they got Yamaha to pass them as a dealer no idea what they are doing. Let this be a lesson to everyone do a little research check with a few friends and ausfish members on some of there services before dropping your boat in for a service.

tunaticer
06-04-2008, 11:18 PM
Hell of a mongrel story there Woodsy, I hope you get your motor running sweet again soon without too much cost on top of the service you have already paid for mate.

Jack.

BaitThrower
06-04-2008, 11:29 PM
Might be a good time to buy a good service manual for your motor and learn yourself :) Assuming its out of warranty and you want to give it a go yourself etc. Usually, if you learn what to do, and do it right, you will do a better job yourself than most anyone else because you will have more time to work on it etc etc.

That's what I'm doing, and the good folks on the forum are always helpful too. I just need to learn to change the impeller on my motor and I can then do pretty much all a mechanic will do at a service... You do need a good workshop service manual for your motor though... they help lots :)

Gary Fooks
07-04-2008, 01:04 PM
Give me a call after 4 - 0412 111 573 - I may be able to help

Gary

tin can marlin
07-04-2008, 04:36 PM
Some very good issues raised here. I must say you are on the money with how the hell could they get the dealership. Sounds like another one has gone down were is it all going to end with dealers going out the back door. I would go to stones corner marine to get it looked at if i were you wayne and the boys really know how to get the silver ones to fire. I just hope that people can learn from this.
Regards mark