PDA

View Full Version : fraser comp chocker block

nathan dumschat
06-04-2008, 08:07 PM
any body wanting to go to this years toyota fishing expo will have to go as an associate as it is capped at 1500 and is full. cant understand why ads on tv are still on,maybe just to piss the ones who didnt get in off. any how should be good break from work, but as in the other years of attending this comp will probrobly need a holiday to get over my holiday with hopfully sore arms from pulling up awsome fraser reds etc. hopfully this year the grey suited tax man will leave me alone as he gave me a flogging last year. cant wait to catch up with old freinds and make some new ones .

catch you up there

Smithy
07-04-2008, 08:45 AM
Well Nath I must have snuck in cause they took my money!

Cya up there!

skipalong
08-04-2008, 07:19 AM
yeah mate had to be in early this year heard it was full at least a month or two ago

SunnyCoastMark
08-04-2008, 10:52 AM
Nathan,
The TV adds would be pre booked, so they would be on regardless. Just means they wasted their advertising dollar(s).

Mark

Outsider1
08-04-2008, 10:55 AM
They were always going to fill quickly, they do every year. The advertising was all about the sponsors getting some recognition and exposure, not to get more participants.

Cheers

Dave

BrewGuru
08-04-2008, 08:41 PM
what if you are a tourist in a boat cruising through or anchored up for the weekend?

Dignity
10-04-2008, 06:17 PM
Last year got in 4 weeks before comp, this year wasn't sure I could go and put entry in last week. Got letter back this week, 59th on the waiting list. Think I may pull the pin as it probably will be washed out out and windy as beggary anyway. Saw the ads on WIN and was still hopeful, might still go just to sit on the beach and watch the traffic, couldn't be bothered with an Associate pass - used to be $50 which is a bit rich for entry and no State of Origin on.

nathan dumschat
14-04-2008, 07:00 PM
we go up the week before comp. other members of crew got in so will still be going as associate and drive boat . is an awsome event and should be a good break from reality ,with great fishing an added bonus just a shame i wont be weighing in fish or driving home the new hilux