PDA

View Full Version : Shikaree finally gets it's first blue!

finding_time
06-04-2008, 11:15 AM
After a few earlier trips that produced several shots and 1 semi solid hook-up :P Roota (thunderbird) ,Fadil (No Luck) and myself headed wide of the goldy thursday morning full of expectation , there had been quite a few fish tagged in the previous days and we had changed our rigging style again in an attempt to get one of the hooks to stick.

It was a glass out as we crossed the bar but by the time we reach the general area we hoped to fish 30nm ne of the seaway the wind was a solid 15 knots from the NW, it still was probably the 2nd best conditions of the last 20 days we had fished though.:o (hasn't this years weather been shite)

We generally run a spread of 5 lures but the shorts are only teasers and run off 24kg outfits the rest are 37kg stand ups and these contain the hardware. On the day though we were running one of our own lures on the long corner and as we had only de-moulded and skirted it the night before we were very keen to run it fully rigged !;) Well of course the blue marlin decided that was the one he wanted, they always want the lure thats being run off the light outfit and at 11.am he slammed it!;D Well we had lost 400m of 24 off the tiagra 30w before the rest of the spread was cleared ( i'll never get sick of that sound:D ) by this stage the fish had power dived but roota thinking my 5.2 kc was infact a 34 blackwatch was backing into a very sloppy sea hard:o , it's quite disconcerting to see both your engines dissapear beneath a swell::) Anyway we had the fish tagged in 30 min and boat side after another 30 and it was high fives all round. To get the boats first blue Marlin , my first blue marlin and all on a lure that Roota and i made is not something i'll be forgetting in a hurry!!!:D The rest of the day was very quiet but we still had plenty to talk about on the trip home

Ian

here,s a pick of the lure and fish we called the fishes weight at 120kg

crab man
06-04-2008, 11:29 AM
Congrads on the first blue mate !!!!!
Craig

Blackened
06-04-2008, 12:52 PM
G'day

Fantastic report Ian, Wish I was there!

Dave

skipalong
06-04-2008, 01:34 PM
nice size blue fellas

fly_1
06-04-2008, 05:57 PM
Well done mate !!!!

Trent

Spaniard_King
06-04-2008, 07:51 PM
Good Stuff Ian, I bet your keen to back it up hey :)

Blackened
07-04-2008, 06:30 PM
All deckies must now be trained in rubber band removal. Only experienced must apply.;D

I've Had a few hours pulling skirts and the like myself, so don't u worry ;)

Dave

the_bomber
07-04-2008, 06:40 PM
well you certainly worked hard all season and put up with some crap conditions to get there
congrats

Dean1
07-04-2008, 07:16 PM
Good 1 Ian, man your really spending some time behind the wheel of that beast, youll have to show me how to get the most outa a 5.2! Ive lost ur number, could you pm me it mate if you get this id like to quiz you on something. Cheers Dean.

MyWay
08-04-2008, 05:08 PM
thanks Ian for trip
That fish was very preshest and i will not forget in hurry too

it still spinning in me had that size of fish
and having opportunity to be in close whit animal it is something

Dean u are on right man for advice just if he wants to sheer
guy knows his cat and he can drive the think too
i bin on few and whit few people

kitty_cat
10-04-2008, 11:45 AM
job ian dont worry the hondas have seen the scuba diving seene as well nothing a good degrease and enox cant fix
what a awsome looking fish still a blue virgin but maybe due to come for a run with you just not sure you like the rough water too much

wayne

Liberty
11-04-2008, 09:14 AM
Congrats! Great fish, well done. You must been stoked!

Nigel