PDA

View Full Version : Walking the dog?

pommy
06-04-2008, 09:37 AM
Greetings all!

At the risk of sounding very stupid, what does it mean by 'walking the dog' when popper or lure fishing?

Thanks, Rob.
Ballina

Keechie
06-04-2008, 10:05 AM
walking the dog is using a cewrtain surface lure that pivots side to side while you wind and twitch down at the same time. it produces a nice little zig zag action while poppers can scare fish by the big plashes.

regards,
keechie

tigermullet
06-04-2008, 10:16 AM
In bait fishing it means putting a very large hook through fido and floating him out the back in hope that a large shark will wander by. Sharks find those little white fluffy ones very tasty. Not only do you have some fun but you also get rid of the problem of ferrying fido or tiddles to shore in the rubber ducky at all hours of the night and day.;D

fivefishes
06-04-2008, 02:02 PM
Tigermullet,

I saw some of the aforementioned "white fluffy dogs" in our local bait shop the other day, 3 for $10, didn't quite know why, thanks for the explanation!!

Matt

tigermullet
07-04-2008, 02:40 PM
3 or $10?? I told my wife that she got done like a dinner paying $1200 for the little, white, fluffy, spawn of the devil thing. God only knows what it costs for grooming and vet fees. Not only is it useless but it has a vicious temper. Next time it bites it will be drop kicked into the channel from the deck of the boat if she's not watching me like a hawk.

fivefishes
07-04-2008, 05:55 PM
Tigermullet,

Just kidding about the white fluffy dogs 3 for $10, they were out of stock, seems the shark fishing has been really good up here. $1200 for a white fluffy barking machine??, that equates to a hell of a lot of fishing gear for Mr Tigermullet, while Mrs Tigermullet sits and plays puppies!! Sounding better, how far away from the woof can you get, got to fish in peace remember!

Matt