PDA

View Full Version : makocraft - the new stessl.

johnny roger
06-04-2008, 03:32 AM
Gday,

I see on the makocraft website that they are in fact stessl. from having my ear to the ground, i hear that stessl were #1 back along.
with all the hype of qunnies, blue fin, and savage etc, how does the new makocraft 460 size up to the competitors.
in my (not so experienced opinion), it would seem that makocraft have a few more benefits and features than the usual run of the mill type boat builders.

does anyone have a makocraft 460? or any of the makocraft runabout range to share information?

FNQCairns
06-04-2008, 08:14 AM
While trying to research a tinny I had them on my list but couldn't get competent answers to emailed questions from the factory so I had to scratch them as not worth the potential drama after I own it.

I have spent a little time in a 4.4ish bluefin, all of the ticky boxs got ticked for this example, it's all of what one would expect for the money compared to the other tinnys I researched including the one I ended up owning as in the end I used a different overal criteria.

Anyway a bluefin is worth a look.

cheers fnq

cheers fnq

Nico.d.R
06-04-2008, 12:38 PM
i have got the 4m heavy duty mako and have had no problems with it . All the joins in makos are welded (no rivets anywhere) and they are very strong . I was looking at the stacer range and some others and the mako was cheaper so i got the mako and had side decks added and a drop in floor and it was 3000 the stacers were about the same price with out any extras . the 4m mako is 2m wide and 1m deep so it rides really good and is very stable .

Nico.d.R
06-04-2008, 12:41 PM
i can put some pics up , but i will have to wait till i get my other pc back .
let me know if there is any thing else i can help you with the makos.

cheers nico

Nico.d.R
06-04-2008, 12:46 PM
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=121424
here is the tread for my mako fit out there are some pics on there .

johnny roger
06-04-2008, 12:56 PM
i have got the 4m heavy duty mako and have had no problems with it . All the joins in makos are welded (no rivets anywhere) and they are very strong . I was looking at the stacer range and some others and the mako was cheaper so i got the mako and had side decks added and a drop in floor and it was 3000 the stacers were about the same price with out any extras . the 4m mako is 2m wide and 1m deep so it rides really good and is very stable .
thanks for that nico. i've seeing in all the boat descriptions about 'side decks'. what are they? are they refering to the gunwhales that have had 100mm added to the width?
i must admit though, i agree with you on the makocrafts. i have had my eye on the mako 460 runabout. but like you say, there are other boats out there with loads more extras and for a bit less money.

Almako
06-04-2008, 01:07 PM
I have a Makocraft 560 cruiser cab.
The boat has proven to be a really good boat.
I have had one waranty claim in which Tim Stessyl the owner of Makocraft couldnt have been more helpfull. In fact Tim took it opon himself to make sure i was happy.

In my opinion Makocraft make a boat to a budget, they lack in finishing off the trimmings finer details, concentrating on construction.

From my experience i would say Tim Stessyl and his team would have to be the best and fairest company to deal with for waranty issues.

As far as i am aware Tim Stessyl took over the business from his father and changed the name to makocraft.

Tim also constructs plate boats for fishing and diving charters for places such as nth qld, Fiji, New Guinea etc.

Highly recommended

Thanks Alistair

johnny roger
06-04-2008, 01:12 PM
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=121424
here is the tread for my mako fit out there are some pics on there .
hey i have just had a look at your pics mate. i am impressed. well done. unfortunately i am not handy. my hat is off to you. i guess i'll keep looking for new ones instead of trying to do what you did...wouldnt have a clue mate.:-[
thanks for all your tips.

Nico.d.R
06-04-2008, 05:07 PM
thanks for that nico. i've seeing in all the boat descriptions about 'side decks'. what are they? are they refering to the gunwhales that have had 100mm added to the width?

yeah mate it comes in from the top edge about 120mm and down about 90mm adds a lot of strength . if your not real good with tools im sure mako would set up the frame work and put a deck in for a bit extra .