PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha 4 stroke tilt sensor prob

hogesTS
05-04-2008, 02:15 PM
Hey all,

The trim indicator for my 2003 115 Yammy 4st is stuck on max trim, apparently because the tilt sensor in the motor is stuck in the max position. The outboard mechanic up here said i just need to lubricate the little needle in the sensor and it should be fine, only problem is I have no idea where to find the sensor unit on the motor, and he doesnt know yamahas either. So does anyone know where i can find this sensor? I assume its on the side of the motor somewhere, but buggered if i know what to look for.

Cheers

Mr__Bean
05-04-2008, 03:39 PM
I had the same issue on my 225 four stroke yammy, spraying it with wd40 fixed mine along with better rinsing when washing the boat down.

On mine it is very hard to see with the engine down, it is on the starboard side of the engine and is right up near the pivot point. In the photo below you will see the little plastic arm of the sensor.

I don't think the 115 would be much different.

It should only be salt build up causing the problem.

- Darren

hogesTS
05-04-2008, 04:44 PM
Thanks mate, found the sensor on mine, however it seems as though it has snapped off the plastic arm just above where it turns horizontal, I guess i was too late. The spring is really stiff so seems as though it would have snapped off some time ago because of this. So i guess i will have to see if I can get a replacement part or somehow fix the arm on the one i have.