PDA

View Full Version : How good is my missus

SummerTrance
05-04-2008, 12:47 PM
Hey there,

About 3 months ago the screen on my 4 year old Eagle sounder shit itself, so i've been fishing without the aid of a sounder since then. Also in this time I have taken up fishing with plastics in the bay, so finding the structure has been very difficult. Also work for our business has been slow, so I havnt really had the spare cash to buy a new sounder.

Anyways, yesterday morning, my beautiful missus took it upon herself, and rang Eagle to find out what sounder unit I could buy, that would be compatible with my transducer and power kit, so I wouldnt have to mess around changing over the entire system (cause im no good with electronics). She then had to go outside, climb into the boat and get down under the console to read out the numbers on the cable to the guy over the phone. They told her a new Lowrance X52 would match up perfectly.

She then logged onto Ebay, and found a brand new X52 head unit only(without transducer and power kit) for sale that was ending in a few hours. She put in a bid, and won the item for $75.00. (there currently on sale at BCF for $330.00)

While It was supposed to be a surprise anniversary pressie (in a few weeks) she accidently left it on the computer screen, and I saw it when i got home early from work. Now I get it early!!

So I just wanted to post for everyone to see how good my missus is too me. She never complains when I go fishing either!!

Thanks heaps baby, I love you!!!!!

HIGH and DRY
05-04-2008, 02:09 PM
nice one mate! i thought i had a good fishing missus. loves castnetting and getting her own bait, and rigging her own gear etc!, but when they start forking out the $$$$ you have it made!

boatboy50
05-04-2008, 04:46 PM
Hey Trance,

Judging by your story and your avatar pic, i'd say your a very lucky man.

Enjoy.

Regards

Darren

sid_fishes
05-04-2008, 06:30 PM
aaaaawwwww, that is sweet. can i borrow your wife mate so i dont feel so guiltly when i buy stuff, ian

timddo
05-04-2008, 06:34 PM
With a wife like that, who needs a sounder?????

BigE
06-04-2008, 07:23 PM
You can tell that girls got class .......... just look at her grip on that rod :)
Dont throw her back ST

Just joking Mrs Trance

Cheer
BigE

Danbar77
06-04-2008, 09:04 PM
I know Mrs Trance and she a top lass.

Mrs Trance, Try to teach my missus some of your tricks!! eg, tell her I should get a boat sooner rather than later

SummerTrance
11-04-2008, 04:40 PM
Well my new X52 arrived today! Im always a bit scepticle about ebay, until the item arrives and works properly. It hooked up perfectly to my old transducer and power kit, and even fitted perfectly into the old mount. It works fine!

This one works differently to my old unit, and all the menu and setting screens are different aswell. It didnt come with a instruction manual, and I made a comment that I wish I had one, and will have to get one from a lowrance dealer.

So my beautiful missus jumps onto the computer, does a search and finds it online, downloads it and then printed it out for me.

I couldnt be any happier. Got a new sounder for $80, look out mr snapper.... i'm coming to find you!

Thanks heaps baby, your the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheRealAndy
11-04-2008, 06:24 PM
Nice work dude. ITs nice to have a wife that does that stuff for you! Mine bought me a temporary boat till I buy big one in July cause she new I was getting depressed not being on the water! She even comes out occasionally to keep me company when I go fishing!

johnny roger
12-04-2008, 07:29 AM
maybe you should introduce your missus to mine! I need a new boat!
John

reelemin1974
12-04-2008, 07:45 AM
I can't believe she didn' t come with you when you didn't have a sounder, put on the snorkeling gear, and act your 'eyes in the water', I tell you some chicks, they do NoTHING for you!!

84mick
12-04-2008, 07:45 AM
My missus doesn't buy me fishing gear, boats, sounders etc BUT she did pop out my first son! I couldn't have asked for anything else! :)

Cheers, Mick. ;)

SummerTrance
13-04-2008, 08:21 AM
I can't believe she didn' t come with you when you didn't have a sounder, put on the snorkeling gear, and act your 'eyes in the water', I tell you some chicks, they do NoTHING for you!!

Hahaha, why didnt I think of that. She prop would have, but usually has to stay home and look after our 15 month old son.