PDA

View Full Version : Reel Maintenance Cronarch- CH100A

sporty1
05-04-2008, 12:45 PM
I am looking at servicing the drag on my Shimano CH-100 Cronarch Reel, I can remove the spool, handle etc, but cannot see how to remove the right side(handle side) plate as ther are no screws etc. The only thing is a small hole underneath the reel. I have a schematic diagram of the reel but this doesn't seem to offer a solution either. Any hlep would be appreciated.

banshee
05-04-2008, 06:21 PM
Been a while since I've done one but depending on model there should be two screws that are located on the spool side of the gearbox (they will be visable when you remove the spool),the SF has a bracket from memory where as the others just have the screws going through the body holding the sideplate on,there will also be a long screw that will need to be removed that is located up near where the other sideplate swivels off (right near the swivel bolt),it will be the one that the level wind travels along and it also locates and holds the shroud that covers the levelwind.If your drag is jerky do yourself a big favour and get some genuine Shimano drag grease that tackle stores can now get,once you wash the fibre washer in shellite and aply it the drag will be as good as new out of the box.

sporty1
05-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Many Thanks

Rodman
13-04-2008, 05:52 PM
Mate you may have to twist the cover to remove it as they lock inside th cover, Try this if the other doesn't work.

Ken