PDA

View Full Version : diawa hrf??

chewy01
04-04-2008, 04:08 PM
Hi all,
was just womdering if anyone has any feedback on the diawa hrf.thanks

BARRAkid
04-04-2008, 04:28 PM
great reel i have had mine for close to a year and i have caught alot off fish on it from tuna to barra still going good and haven't had to replace anything i also use a zillion and the hrf isn't far from it in quality.

Tim_08
04-04-2008, 05:35 PM
Yeah I've got one aswell and also have a zillion and you're right there isn't a huge amount of noticeable differences in quality for the price (if you are looking to buy in Aus) I believe they are probalbly one of the best value larger capacity lo-pros on the market. I believe they are made in China which is probably where a lot of the difference in price comes from. And it is purposely designed for saltwater use unlike alot of other reels. I think (without checking) it's the only daiwa baitcaster that has all CRBB bearings (daiwa's "special" corrosion resistant ) and there are 8 of them. Mine casts fine, magforce is great in the wind or while learning and the drag feels pretty good out of the box now that it's caught a couple of fish

Tim

chewy01
04-04-2008, 05:53 PM
thanks tim,
i have shimanos primarily calcuttas chronarchs mostly but bought the lad a 100 buck corvalus and now use it for barra as out of the box it has the best drag of any of mine. will the hrf need a carbontex upgrade?i just like the idea of all crbb as i fish hervey bay in pretty crap weather and my gear does get wet(like me) though i do maintain them...

Tim_08
04-04-2008, 05:59 PM
I haven't upgraded the drag on mine yet but I'm going too purely for the ammount of Awoonga work it will be doing. But I think it would be fine standard especially if it was mainly used in estuary type situations. It's a cheap upgrade, around $28 i think but I'm pretty certain it would void your warranty.

chewy01
04-04-2008, 07:01 PM
ya i think thats about what i paid for mine on my curado. i fish monduran and the inside of fraser for big barra and where chase em i need more drag than what i need at monduran. the one thing the dams have got going for them is the trees dont have barnacles. thanks again all advice is appreciated.