PDA

View Full Version : I.B.D

NAGG
04-04-2008, 08:07 AM
big sigh>>>> Life is just not the same since I returned from fishing Awoonga & Monduran a couple of weeks ago ....:sick2: I'm depressed & I feel that the spark has gone out of life ...
As it turns out .... it looks like I've got a chronic case of I.B.D ( Impoundment Barra Disease) .... & it is apparently very difficult to cure!
The only thing I can do ... Is take a couple of doses of Ausfish a day & concentrate on a regime of tackle purchases.

Does anyone else suffer from this affliction & how do you manage between fixes of trebles in the hand , dorsal spines in the body ....... & the aroma of barra on the hands ???

Yours truly .... Depressed (Nagg)
PS ....... Me in happier times 24259

Barraboss
04-04-2008, 08:56 AM
Geez Nagg,

You got it bad, "reel" bad....

Maybe just keep in mind the ABT, and if you still wanted a partner, I am up for it and we will help give you a barra fix. You from the south, me from the north, and we will both get our hits/hookups!!!!

Haha all too funny.

Oh but I cannot wait till then, so I will go to Tinaroo tomorrow :) :)

Cheers
Matt

NAGG
04-04-2008, 09:18 AM
Geez Nagg,

You got it bad, "reel" bad....

Maybe just keep in mind the ABT, and if you still wanted a partner, I am up for it and we will help give you a barra fix. You from the south, me from the north, and we will both get our hits/hookups!!!!

Haha all too funny.

Oh but I cannot wait till then, so I will go to Tinaroo tomorrow :) :)

Cheers
Matt

Matt ... Its horrible , I'm so far from the only cure!
Definitely on the ABT ..... I actually sent off my membership yesterday!

Now if you like ..... & its probably a good idea ....... I might fly up to Cairns in the next few weeks for a couple of days ( you can help with my recuperation) .... & we can work out the best way to take on the Tour!
how does that sound to you ?

Chris

Steve B
04-04-2008, 10:01 AM

Now if you like ..... & its probably a good idea ....... I might fly up to Cairns in the next few weeks for a couple of days ( you can help with my recuperation) .... & we can work out the best way to take on the Tour!

Chris

Chris. If you fly to Cairns, get a one way ticket, because you wont want to go back to sydney when you get there.!!! You really have the addiction bad now! There is no cure.

There are only 2 seasons IMHO. Barra season and football season. Altough they are beggining to overlap!!!

Cheers steve

Barraboss
04-04-2008, 10:47 AM
Chris,

May as well come up and see how you handle Tinaroo which, as we know up here, can be quite the demoralising dam:'( , or to the other end of the "scale", show those big brutes the dam is well known for;D

Over a weekend is handy for work reasons, and I may be able to throw in an extra day here or there.

Let me know, but I will be sending you back south, as like Steve said, there is no cure, it's all just a short term fix

Cheers
Matt

Whitto
04-04-2008, 11:11 AM

ChrisNagg the only thing too do is sell up and move to Queensland, ;)Im thinking somewhere between Gin Gin and Gladstone would be the go, What do u think, Cheers Whitto;D PS The only downside is it takes about 20yrs before u can say your a QUEENSLANDER GO the Maroons

NAGG
04-04-2008, 11:58 AM
Chris,

May as well come up and see how you handle Tinaroo which, as we know up here, can be quite the demoralising dam:'( , or to the other end of the "scale", show those big brutes the dam is well known for;D

Over a weekend is handy for work reasons, and I may be able to throw in an extra day here or there.

Let me know, but I will be sending you back south, as like Steve said, there is no cure, it's all just a short term fix

Cheers
Matt

Matt ..Sounds like a plan!.. I'd probably fly up on a Friday morning & back on a Monday evening! ......( my guess would be the 2nd of May & return 5th) ...... I'll check on flights etc

No doubt a short term fix ....... Its like having a blood transfusion though.

Chris

NAGG
04-04-2008, 12:03 PM
Nagg the only thing too do is sell up and move to Queensland, ;)Im thinking somewhere between Gin Gin and Gladstone would be the go, What do u think, Cheers Whitto;D PS The only downside is it takes about 20yrs before u can say your a QUEENSLANDER GO the Maroons

Brisbane ! ..... around Christmas is the plan ....... That will do ( even 6 hours to Awoonga ..... is just a short drive:P Gin Gin .... I spend that time stuck in Sydney traffic.

I think my blood will continue to run BLUE though;)

Nagg

NAGG
04-04-2008, 12:07 PM
Chris. If you fly to Cairns, get a one way ticket, because you wont want to go back to sydney when you get there.!!! You really have the addiction bad now! There is no cure.

There are only 2 seasons IMHO. Barra season and football season. Altough they are beggining to overlap!!!

Cheers steve

Starting to get the shakes again !
No .... I'll have to get a return ticket ( How else am I going to bring up the Hornet :P ;) )

DEANO68
04-04-2008, 12:29 PM
big sigh>>>> Life is just not the same since I returned from fishing Awoonga & Monduran a couple of weeks ago ....:sick2: I'm depressed & I feel that the spark has gone out of life ...
As it turns out .... it looks like I've got a chronic case of I.B.D ( Impoundment Barra Disease) .... & it is apparently very difficult to cure!
The only thing I can do ... Is take a couple of doses of Ausfish a day & concentrate on a regime of tackle purchases.

Does anyone else suffer from this affliction & how do you manage between fixes of trebles in the hand , dorsal spines in the body ....... & the aroma of barra on the hands ???

I know how you feel nagg i feel the same way but hopefully i will get a quick fix anzac day w/end if all goes to plan...;)

mikooh
04-04-2008, 03:37 PM

Ahh yes.. Accute Chronic Impoundment Barra Disease. A condition suffered by those poor souls living south of the QLD border, myself included:'( :'( :'(

The photos plastered all over my office wall just add to the torment, as do regular visits to Ausfish. Damn those lucky buggers who live so close. If only I could convince the GF to shift camp..

BTW does anyone need a power quality engineer in the Gladstone area? please someone, please :bigcry:

NAGG
04-04-2008, 05:15 PM
I hear that there are some good clinics near Gin Gin , Benaraby , Proserpine , Atherton , Pinnacle & a few other places
I really should go to them all ;D

N n nn aa g g g ( here it goes again)

NAGG
04-04-2008, 05:18 PM
Ahh yes.. Accute Chronic Impoundment Barra Disease. A condition suffered by those poor souls living south of the QLD border, myself included:'( :'( :'(

The photos plastered all over my office wall just add to the torment, as do regular visits to Ausfish. Damn those lucky buggers who live so close. If only I could convince the GF to shift camp..

BTW does anyone need a power quality engineer in the Gladstone area? please someone, please :bigcry:

Mick ... sorry to hear that you too are a sufferer!

BR65
04-04-2008, 05:31 PM
IBD, bah, preposterous (twitch), no such thing (blink blink blink), wake up to yourself young man (shakes violently), get a grip (falls to the floor and does a 360 ala curly from the three stooges) wooowoooowooooowooooo

Only 3 weeks for me to the next trip, unleesssss, maybe I can sneak in a quick fish next week end, hmmmm, I wonder if the missus will still be talking to me when I get back???
Good thing about IBD is it makes you immune to the sound of high piched yelling

NAGG
04-04-2008, 05:44 PM
IBD, bah, preposterous (twitch), no such thing (blink blink blink), wake up to yourself young man (shakes violently), get a grip (falls to the floor and does a 360 ala curly from the three stooges) wooowoooowooooowooooo

Only 3 weeks for me to the next trip, unleesssss, maybe I can sneak in a quick fish next week end, hmmmm, I wonder if the missus will still be talking to me when I get back???
Good thing about IBD is it makes you immune to the sound of high piched yelling

Ahhhh ... The early stages;)

Tim_08
04-04-2008, 05:53 PM
Brisbane ! ..... around Christmas is the plan ....... That will do ( even 6 hours to Awoonga ..... is just a short drive:P Gin Gin .... I spend that time stuck in Sydney traffic.

I think my blood will continue to run BLUE though;)

Nagg

I really feel for you NSW guys. Crap weather, worse beer and even worse fishing :laugh: geez no wonder there's no barra there:P

Brisbane would be sweet Nagg my folks live there. 6 hrs defiantely makes long weekend barra trips possible.

eotbmg
04-04-2008, 05:55 PM
Nagg
2.5 years ago i saw the light and sold everything i owned and moved into gods country [Buderim, QLD] from that horrible little over rated fishing village they call Melbourne. I have never ever had dreamed life would have been so good. Ive got the 2 premier impoundments within a few hours drive and close enough for day trips, The best offshore any one could want [Mooloolaba and Noosa, Moreton Bay] and some of the best bass fishing in the world close by. Yeah lifes a bitch when the I.B.D sets in hard. Look at what it made me do!!!!! Loving every minute of it.
Cheers
Ben

BR65
04-04-2008, 06:00 PM
Ahhhh ... The early stages;)

lol;D ;D ;D

NAGG
04-04-2008, 06:08 PM
I really feel for you NSW guys. Crap weather, worse beer and even worse fishing :laugh: geez no wonder there's no barra there:P

Brisbane would be sweet Nagg my folks live there. 6 hrs defiantely makes long weekend barra trips possible.

We no got barra ( enough said)
You watch how quickly I build my client base in Bundy! ..... I can visualise Friday morning appointments ::)

Cheers

Nagg

Tim_08
04-04-2008, 06:29 PM
We no got barra ( enough said)
You watch how quickly I build my client base in Bundy! ..... I can visualise Friday morning appointments ::)

Cheers

Nagg

Ha ha I can picture it now. "Chris we have a prospective client in Brisbane and one in Bundaberg" Chris " I better check out the Bundaberg one first, I believe it is a very important area of growth, better drive not fly too incase it takes longer than expected "

NAGG
04-04-2008, 06:36 PM
Ha ha I can picture it now. "Chris we have a prospective client in Brisbane and one in Bundaberg" Chris " I better check out the Bundaberg one first, I believe it is a very important area of growth, better drive not fly too incase it takes longer than expected "

Could not have said it better myself;D
Mate those winds , flyin into bundy ..... can really bugger things up! ....... Better also take a trailer to put some samples in:P

OverNover
04-04-2008, 07:39 PM
Boys,

You have me worried!!!! With my 1st trip to Mondy on the Horizon over Anzac Day weekend I to fear I will develop the dreaded I.B.D, it has already cost me a motza on all the gear I didn't have, I live on the Goldie so we talking about a 6 hour drive I reckon, I contracted Impoundment Bass Disorder around 12 months ago and have almost forgotten about the salty brine that practically surrounds me, preferring to hit Hinze or even make the 2hr drive to Sommerset instead of the 10 minute drive to Paradise Point to chase a few lizards..................I've just realised how ridiculous that is!!!! I fear with my diminished immune system I to will succumb to the dreaded I.B.D!!! God be with me!!!! Is there a vaccination available??????

NAGG
04-04-2008, 08:32 PM
Boys,

You have me worried!!!! With my 1st trip to Mondy on the Horizon over Anzac Day weekend I to fear I will develop the dreaded I.B.D, it has already cost me a motza on all the gear I didn't have, I live on the Goldie so we talking about a 6 hour drive I reckon, I contracted Impoundment Bass Disorder around 12 months ago and have almost forgotten about the salty brine that practically surrounds me, preferring to hit Hinze or even make the 2hr drive to Sommerset instead of the 10 minute drive to Paradise Point to chase a few lizards..................I've just realised how ridiculous that is!!!! I fear with my diminished immune system I to will succumb to the dreaded I.B.D!!! God be with me!!!! Is there a vaccination available??????

There is a vaccination ....... Its called "LATES CALCARIFER" but its only available at select locations in Qld

TinarooTriumph
05-04-2008, 11:22 AM
NAG's,

Mate, I know what your going through. I've just endured a whole fortnight of it down in Cairns... not getting slime on your forearms once a weekend sucks! I just did a 4 Day Wilderness First Aid Course down in Cairns, and half the time I had my mind on the job and the other half was on yep... you guessed it... Barra-friggin-mundi! But now, I get a fortnight off and Im quite sure you know what Im doing to do in that space of time!!! Wound - Salt - Rub :D LOL

My advice... hit the Extra Dry's and stop winging! You'll brain em' next time if you use your time away wisely.

Theo

NAGG
05-04-2008, 04:44 PM
NAG's,

Mate, I know what your going through. I've just endured a whole fortnight of it down in Cairns... not getting slime on your forearms once a weekend sucks! I just did a 4 Day Wilderness First Aid Course down in Cairns, and half the time I had my mind on the job and the other half was on yep... you guessed it... Barra-friggin-mundi! But now, I get a fortnight off and Im quite sure you know what Im doing to do in that space of time!!! Wound - Salt - Rub :D LOL

My advice... hit the Extra Dry's and stop winging! You'll brain em' next time if you use your time away wisely.

Theo

TT ..... easy for you to say ( your situation is like an alcoholic that runs a pub;) )

Nagg

Steve B
05-04-2008, 08:22 PM
TT ..... easy for you to say ( your situation is like an alcoholic that runs a pub;) )

Nagg

Chris,

Yeah I know what Theo means, Its tough for us up here too you know. There is a perfectly good barra comp at monduran going on RIGHT NOW 20 min from where I am sitting now. BUT I have to work! I cant even have a beer to drown your sorrows;D;D

Oh well, I will have to wait until wednesday, when I will have the dam to myself;)

Steve

Steve B
05-04-2008, 08:23 PM

Tim,

You forgot their CRAP state of origin team;D;D;D

NAGG
05-04-2008, 08:31 PM
Chris,

Yeah I know what Theo means, Its tough for us up here too you know. There is a perfectly good barra comp at monduran going on RIGHT NOW 20 min from where I am sitting now. BUT I have to work! I cant even have a beer to drown your sorrows;D;D

Oh well, I will have to wait until wednesday, when I will have the dam to myself;)

Steve

Yeh you're another! ....... How did you manage a transfer to Gin Gin:P
Here I am , plotting the downfall & the assassination of others ..... just to get to Brisbane;)

Cheers

Nagg

PS ..... I'm glad your doing that job though:dankk2:

NAGG
05-04-2008, 08:36 PM
Tim,

Not this year son! ..... Big Willy will sought you lot out on his own:)
Anyway ..... Lockyer cant play in a wheel chair! ..... so you're gone;)

Steve B
05-04-2008, 08:42 PM
It was quite funny really. They ASK you to CONSIDER doing country service. There is a list of places, most of which are way way way out west or just plain bad!! Gin Gin was on the list, It had been advertised twice and no one wanted to go there!!!

I figured 1/2 from major city (Bundaberg) good for wife and shopping, 40 min to bargarra beach (good swimming for the kids), 90min to Hervey bay, 1770, Agnes waters, 2hrs in the water to Awoonga and 20 min to a little puddle up the road with big barra!!!! And a paramedic mate in bundy has a big offshore boat and thousands of secret marks offshore Bundaberg, so the freezer always has a respectable supply of trout, reds, sweetlip etc

Work wise its busy enough, but not to busy, cost of living is pretty good (just bought a 3 bed brick house with everything and the BEST view over the cane fields and farms for $270K) Earn twice the coin than in the city and the small town safety and freindliness is awesome.

I was only asked to stay for a year!!! 2 years later, I dont think I will be leaving in a hurry.. Ironically there is a cue up to get in here now!! Most are fishermen too!! Or they just want to get out of the city where they get there arses worked into the ground.

Steve

cheers steve

Steve B
05-04-2008, 08:46 PM
Not this year son! ..... Big Willy will sought you lot out on his own:)
Anyway ..... Lockyer cant play in a wheel chair! ..... so you're gone;)

Lucky Sonny bill doesnt play for NSW....QLD wouldnt have to beat NSW up. They would do it to each other!!

Inglis will do the job of lockyer. Anastas nose will be a great target.......again!! ;D

NAGG
05-04-2008, 09:09 PM
It was quite funny really. They ASK you to CONSIDER doing country service. There is a list of places, most of which are way way way out west or just plain bad!! Gin Gin was on the list, It had been advertised twice and no one wanted to go there!!!

I figured 1/2 from major city (Bundaberg) good for wife and shopping, 40 min to bargarra beach (good swimming for the kids), 90min to Hervey bay, 1770, Agnes waters, 2hrs in the water to Awoonga and 20 min to a little puddle up the road with big barra!!!! And a paramedic mate in bundy has a big offshore boat and thousands of secret marks offshore Bundaberg, so the freezer always has a respectable supply of trout, reds, sweetlip etc

Work wise its busy enough, but not to busy, cost of living is pretty good (just bought a 3 bed brick house with everything and the BEST view over the cane fields and farms for $270K) Earn twice the coin than in the city and the small town safety and freindliness is awesome.

I was only asked to stay for a year!!! 2 years later, I dont think I will be leaving in a hurry.. Ironically there is a cue up to get in here now!! Most are fishermen too!! Or they just want to get out of the city where they get there arses worked into the ground.

Steve

cheers steve

Good on ya! ... It just sounds too good! ... Were you a barraholic before you arrived ?
Mate .... not enough of a plastic industry in Gin Gin .... Bundy has some (incl Polycraft!)
Brissy will do though8-) ...... that cuts my trip by 12 hours!:2vrolijk_08:

NAGG
05-04-2008, 09:14 PM
Lucky Sonny bill doesnt play for NSW....QLD wouldnt have to beat NSW up. They would do it to each other!!

Inglis will do the job of lockyer. Anastas nose will be a great target.......again!! ;D

Anasta ??? ..... a case of harder to get out of the side than into it

Steve B
05-04-2008, 09:26 PM
Chris, Oh yeah, total barraholic.

We used to drive 6 hours to awonga for 3 night trips every month thru the peak season. Used to troll up heaps of big fish (2004-2007). Never fished monduran until I moved here! The fishing was too good (at the time) to pass at Awoonga.

your right about Anasta, we have carl webb, how the hell he is still in the QLD team I dont know. plays about 20min a game, does 3 tackles 2 hitups and throws 5 bad passes.....and they keep picking him because he had one good game about 7 years ago.

They love their polys around these parts!!! I must admit I am getting a soft spot for them..how scary!;D

NAGG
05-04-2008, 09:45 PM
Chris, Oh yeah, total barraholic.

We used to drive 6 hours to awonga for 3 night trips every month thru the peak season. Used to troll up heaps of big fish (2004-2007). Never fished monduran until I moved here! The fishing was too good (at the time) to pass at Awoonga.

your right about Anasta, we have carl webb, how the hell he is still in the QLD team I dont know. plays about 20min a game, does 3 tackles 2 hitups and throws 5 bad passes.....and they keep picking him because he had one good game about 7 years ago.

They love their polys around these parts!!! I must admit I am getting a soft spot for them..how scary!;D

Ahhhh 6 hours! ... If only:) My mate Whitey was trying to work out what we needed to do to get to Monduran for 3 days ( yeh right , sure split the fuel @ $700 .... but I still get slugged with car & trailer services:thumbsdown: ...... That just shows you how addictive it is!
Awoonga was tough for you (last trip) ????

Nagg

PS .... I see the Swans just beat Brisbane;)

PPS .... Polys? ..... Wait!!!! ( when we catch up .... I'll fill you in)

Steve B
06-04-2008, 10:40 AM
Ahhhh 6 hours! ... If only:) My mate Whitey was trying to work out what we needed to do to get to Monduran for 3 days ( yeh right , sure split the fuel @ $700 .... but I still get slugged with car & trailer services:thumbsdown: ...... That just shows you how addictive it is!
Awoonga was tough for you (last trip) ????

Nagg

PS .... I see the Swans just beat Brisbane;)

PPS .... Polys? ..... Wait!!!! ( when we catch up .... I'll fill you in)

Yeah, it was only an overnighter. found the 'zone' about 1hour before I had to leave for other commitments. Got a few good hits (couldnt stay hooked) using a rattlin rapala which was the same size as the gar we saw. i was rolling them over the dead undergrowth near edges. Had one fish hit three times in same retrieve!!!!! Friend had a couple of hits on slickies. nothing landed unfortunately.

I really want to fish awoonga more with plastics and other new methods etc this year. I have been slack in last few years with 'my old favorite methods' and its time to get up with the program before ABT.

cheers steve

BR65
06-04-2008, 11:28 AM
Hey Steve, I know you fished a bit of ABT last year, would you recommend it???, Im kickin round the idea of trying it at Mondy this year, but dont have any first hand experience in tourny/comp fishing.
brian

NAGG
06-04-2008, 07:41 PM
Yeah, it was only an overnighter. found the 'zone' about 1hour before I had to leave for other commitments. Got a few good hits (couldnt stay hooked) using a rattlin rapala which was the same size as the gar we saw. i was rolling them over the dead undergrowth near edges. Had one fish hit three times in same retrieve!!!!! Friend had a couple of hits on slickies. nothing landed unfortunately.

I really want to fish awoonga more with plastics and other new methods etc this year. I have been slack in last few years with 'my old favorite methods' and its time to get up with the program before ABT.

cheers steve

rattlin Rapala ...... Not familiar with that one:-/
Sorry to hear the result at Awoonga ....... You'll just have to stand in the corner & do it all over again;)
Yeh .... The comfortable pair of shoes syndrome ( very hard to change a successful formula) ...... We all do it!

cheers

Chris

PS ..... I checked the Rapala out ..... looks like a cross between a stiffy boney bream & a Jackall Vibe8-)

NAGG
06-04-2008, 07:47 PM
Hey Steve, I know you fished a bit of ABT last year, would you recommend it???, Im kickin round the idea of trying it at Mondy this year, but dont have any first hand experience in tourny/comp fishing.
brian

Gee Brian .... With your record , I would have bet that an entry form would have your name printed on it already;)
I reckon it would be a blast ...... hence my interest in joining the tour8-)

Nagg

Steve B
06-04-2008, 08:12 PM
Yeah Brian, I highly reccomend having a go. This was my first barra year and I only did awoonga and Monduran. This year I have planned better and will be doing the lot. I fished the ABT bass scene for many years before moving up here, and enjoyed it greatly.

It can be very tiring, frustrating and a busy schedule...but I love it. As I said in a previous post, It is a great chance to pit yourself against some of the the best barra fisherman in Aust. Its a great social tour, and you learn more than you could ever imagine from everyone. There doesn't seem to be much 'secret squirrel' stuff going on. Bit like on here, most people are happy to help and share info.

Give it a go. Even if you just do one round to get a feel for whether you like it or not. I think you will. Your form of late would probably see you win by a country mile at monduran!!:D

Steve

Chris, She aint all barra slaying gravy in these comps. The fishing is generally quite tough due to boat numbers, weather and general competition pressure to land fish!! I dont think you actually breath when your trying to land a fish knowing how important every fish is (any dropped fish in a tournament HURT WAY more than social fishing!!!);D

I was going to sell the boat and quit fishing after the 14 hour night comp at awoonga with NO fish and NO sleep!!!;D

BR65
06-04-2008, 08:13 PM
Gee Brian .... With your record , I would have bet that an entry form would have your name printed on it already;)
I reckon it would be a blast ...... hence my interest in joining the tour8-)

Nagg

I figure a slow start in a dam I know a little about mite be the way to go Chris, maybe fish the mondy round this year and go from there, only comp Ive ever fished was a tiapia cull in North Pine Dam years ago, so would probably buckle under the pressure anyway, allways hard to produce when youve gotta, just like talking up a spot and then takeing someone there, you just know it will be shut down.
Kudos to the boys who can move dam to dam and produce the goods

BR65
06-04-2008, 08:19 PM
Yeah Brian, I highly reccomend having a go. This was my first barra year and I only did awoonga and Monduran. This year I have planned better and will be doing the lot. I fished the ABT bass scene for many years before moving up here, and enjoyed it greatly.

It can be very tiring, frustrating and a busy schedule...but I love it. As I said in a previous post, It is a great chance to pit yourself against some of the the best barra fisherman in Aust. Its a great social tour, and you learn more than you could ever imagine from everyone. There doesn't seem to be much 'secret squirrel' stuff going on. Bit like on here, most people are happy to help and share info.

Give it a go. Even if you just do one round to get a feel for whether you like it or not. I think you will. Your form of late would probably see you win by a country mile at monduran!!:D

Steve
sorry mate, must of been posting same time as you.
last time I was up at Awoonga I stayed at the motel next to some ABT boys and they were pretty up front with the latest info on hot spots/techniques etc (didnt help me mind you, you can lead a horse to water but blah blah blah)
How do you go fishing new impoundments, I know a pre fish can be done, but it must be a daunting feeling turning up to a Faust or Teemburra for the first time???

Steve B
06-04-2008, 08:29 PM
Exactly Brian, It can be very difficult when you dont prefish. As the Awoonga tournament went on we started landing more fish and I think I came 12th in the 2 arvo comp. I reckon if we had a pre fish day we could have done much better from the start. Breaking old habits and being prepared to try and array of styles helps too.

Prefishing is an art form in itself!! I haven't really worked out what works best in prefishing? depends on how much you have fished the dam prior, and sometimes that can also be a bad thing. Local dam...extra pressure to do well. As you said, you know th spots you have done well in before then go back in the comp and zip.

You will be right, you plan sound good to 'test the waters' doing monduran

cheers steve

the_matrix
06-04-2008, 08:41 PM
How do you go fishing new impoundments, I know a pre fish can be done, but it must be a daunting feeling turning up to a Faust or Teemburra for the first time???
Try AFC then!
One 5hr pre-fish then camera's roll!!!! (unless you can fish it every day until the event.)::)
5 hrs to catch fish.............no pressure there.::)
Its about adapting to the conditions and using your knowlege.
Or, conversely if you dont have a job, pre-fish the hell outta the joint so its almost impossible to lose.
Pre-fishing is the TOTAL key to winning tourno's, quite simply.
Confidence comes from pre-fishing.
Cheers
Jas

NAGG
06-04-2008, 08:46 PM
I figure a slow start in a dam I know a little about mite be the way to go Chris, maybe fish the mondy round this year and go from there, only comp Ive ever fished was a tiapia cull in North Pine Dam years ago, so would probably buckle under the pressure anyway, allways hard to produce when youve gotta, just like talking up a spot and then takeing someone there, you just know it will be shut down.
Kudos to the boys who can move dam to dam and produce the goods

Hey Brian ..... I hope you make it !
Personally .... I just love fishing different destinations .. & I do have a bit of a competitive streak ( fished ANSA ... in the old days)
Seeing that I love barra fishing ........ I just want to spend time ( 2 weeks) with likeminded people ( fish hard) ..... & go away with a little more knowledge than I started with ...... No huge expectations at this stage ,,,, But you never know!!!!

Chris

NAGG
06-04-2008, 08:53 PM
Try AFC then!
One 5hr pre-fish then camera's roll!!!! (unless you can fish it every day until the event.)::)
Or, conversely if you dont have a job, pre-fish the hell outta the joint so its almost impossible to lose.
Cheers
Jas

Jas .... What are the prefish regs for ABT ( Barra) ...... I believe they are a fair bit different to Bream & Bass:-/

Nagg

PS .... you reckon you know of a couple that should get a job;)

Steve B
06-04-2008, 09:07 PM
Chris,

If your doing the entire tour you will no doubt have an advantage as you get more chance to prefish. each comps prefish ban begins at different times depending on when they start. Usually the cut off is dusk the night before the tournament from memory. Did you ever locate the rules and regs. I typically read them the night before I leave!!!

get a good life jacket and lanyard, digi camera,..they give you a brag mat. No alcohol during the comp....thats a downer. No trolling. No bait. thats about the major rules from memory......Start booking accomodation now. I prefer cabins to camping. you need the best night sleep you can get as it is a tiring tour. And setting up and dropping camp several times in 2 weeks is a pain!!!

cheers steve

NAGG
06-04-2008, 09:09 PM
Chris, She aint all barra slaying gravy in these comps. The fishing is generally quite tough due to boat numbers, weather and general competition pressure to land fish!! I dont think you actually breath when your trying to land a fish knowing how important every fish is (any dropped fish in a tournament HURT WAY more than social fishing!!!);D

I was going to sell the boat and quit fishing after the 14 hour night comp at awoonga with NO fish and NO sleep!!!;D

Without a doubt Steve ..... & I certainly have no preconceived ideas of braining them ( specially with still being a relative novice impoundment fishoe)
I just want to give it a good go! .... learn something & have some fun
& more importantly ..... its another excuse to fish/talk barra for 2 weeks :P ( I cant do that in good old Sydney town::) )

Cheers

Chris

Steve B
06-04-2008, 09:14 PM
Without a doubt Steve ..... & I certainly have no preconceived ideas of braining them ( specially with still being a relative novice impoundment fishoe)
I just want to give it a good go! .... learn something & have some fun
& more importantly ..... its another excuse to fish/talk barra for 2 weeks :P ( I cant do that in good old Sydney town::) )

Cheers

Chris

You will do OK I reckon!!!! If you can absorb the right info from the right people on the trip, and you can fish OK too with the right gear (which you can and have) ...then you will do OK!

NAGG
06-04-2008, 09:27 PM
Chris,

If your doing the entire tour you will no doubt have an advantage as you get more chance to prefish. each comps prefish ban begins at different times depending on when they start. Usually the cut off is dusk the night before the tournament from memory. Did you ever locate the rules and regs. I typically read them the night before I leave!!!

get a good life jacket and lanyard, digi camera,..they give you a brag mat. No alcohol during the comp....thats a downer. No trolling. No bait. thats about the major rules from memory......Start booking accomodation now. I prefer cabins to camping. you need the best night sleep you can get as it is a tiring tour. And setting up and dropping camp several times in 2 weeks is a pain!!!

cheers steve

Mate .... no go on the rules & regs ( I went back over a year on the fishing monthly web site:( ) ..... Joined the barra site ( but nothing yet on entry forms etc)
Got the jacket & lanyard ( just need to remember to use them when traveling::) )
Yeh ... the grog! ( makes sense) That will wait till we finish each day! .... I'll take two cameras
Accom ..... cabins are probably booked out now ( since the dates were announced) ..... I'll have to see what we work out!
Tiring it will be ...... just like every trip I do to Qld (pretty hard core:P .... 3 days recovery )
What no bait or trolling ..... obviously no meatoes attend;)

thanks again Steve
If you think of anything else .... great

PS ..... I was hoping to use a NSW brag mat ...... + 10%;D

Steve B
06-04-2008, 09:38 PM
PS ..... I was hoping to use a NSW brag mat ...... + 10%;D[/quote]

Haa Ha, Yeah that reminded me of the first time I went to NSW, bought a $1- scratchie and it cost me $1.10......!!!!!!!!!! :P:P;D I couldnt beleive it!!

No wonder you all want to move up here!!! Oh yeah PM me about the poly business if you want. I am intrigued!!!

cheers steve

Obi _ Wan
06-04-2008, 09:39 PM
G'Day Chris,

This I.B.D. is real mate, i have suffered from it for six years or so now and i have spoken to the Doctor, also the VET, sorry mate the only cure is to visit one of the clinics you previously mentioned.
As you would probably be aware that i recieved a fix in Oct. last year, so from the end of Oct. 2007 until 31/03/08 i suffered greatly.
During the last week of March i recieved an invitation to book into the Benaraby Clinic so thats just what i did, 31/03/08 to 3/04/08 and i must say i am the better for it, just to craddle a Barra in your arms, marvel at the magnificence of our premier sportfish and to see her swim away when placed back into the water, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh geezzzzzzz that was good.
But now, just 48 hours since i booked out of the clinic, held a magnificent Barra in my arms and have returned home to Brissie i am starting to twitch again, only one thing to do, move?????????? have spent around 6 hours checking out real estate, not sure yet?????????

Cheers,
John.

NAGG
06-04-2008, 09:55 PM
G'Day Chris,

This I.B.D. is real mate, i have suffered from it for six years or so now and i have spoken to the Doctor, also the VET, sorry mate the only cure is to visit one of the clinics you previously mentioned.
As you would probably be aware that i recieved a fix in Oct. last year, so from the end of Oct. 2007 until 31/03/08 i suffered greatly.
During the last week of March i recieved an invitation to book into the Benaraby Clinic so thats just what i did, 31/03/08 to 3/04/08 and i must say i am the better for it, just to craddle a Barra in your arms, marvel at the magnificence of our premier sportfish and to see her swim away when placed back into the water, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh geezzzzzzz that was good.
But now, just 48 hours since i booked out of the clinic, held a magnificent Barra in my arms and have returned home to Brissie i am starting to twitch again, only one thing to do, move?????????? have spent around 6 hours checking out real estate, not sure yet?????????

Cheers,
John.

John .... When I saw the back of your car .... I knew you suffered from IBD ( with all that paraphernalia .... I knew you were a user! ( 3 weeks at the Kamp Kanga Clinic ...... convinced me further;D )
At least you can get a shot of treatment easy enough ...... me on the other hand:'(
I'm hearing that Whitey has now contracted IBD ( joined Ausfish .... so you just know !)

Cheers & good to hear from you again
There is no need to suffer alone :)

Chris

PS ..... Were you treated by Dr" Awoonga" ?

NAGG
06-04-2008, 10:01 PM
PS ..... I was hoping to use a NSW brag mat ...... + 10%;D

Haa Ha, Yeah that reminded me of the first time I went to NSW, bought a $1- scratchie and it cost me $1.10......!!!!!!!!!! :P:P;D I couldnt beleive it!!

No wonder you all want to move up here!!! Oh yeah PM me about the poly business if you want. I am intrigued!!!

cheers steve[/quote]

That $0.10 we give back to you via the Qld petrol pump ( $0.10 / lt:o )

Obi _ Wan
06-04-2008, 10:34 PM
John .... When I saw the back of your car .... I knew you suffered from IBD ( with all that paraphernalia .... I knew you were a user! ( 3 weeks at the Kamp Kanga Clinic ...... convinced me further;D )
At least you can get a shot of treatment easy enough ...... me on the other hand:'(
I'm hearing that Whitey has now contracted IBD ( joined Ausfish .... so you just know !)

Cheers & good to hear from you again
There is no need to suffer alone :)

Chris

PS ..... Were you treated by Dr" Awoonga" ?

Mate, Dr Awoonga is a fantasic healer :D Barra every day even though the conditions were less than favourable, best fish was a meter. He's not only a healer but just a great bloke who trys to help everybody, a real ambassador to the world of sport fishing. :)
My closest clinic is 4 hours, Monduran, the next is Benaraby 6 hours and my second home Faust, is 13 hours :P

Mighty Whitey The Marlin Mauler has I.B.D. LOL, i bet he's still talking about it? I believe that as soon as he hooked a fish everyone within 10 klms heard all about it, bloody good stuff mate :D

Think i may have to return to the clinic at Benaraby as soon as the weather settles and the decomposing vegetation finishes. Noticed a lot of bait fish were carrying what apeared to be a fungal spot (similar to white spot in aquarium fish). Funny, since i opened up Ausfish, the tick has got quicker, the shake is much more volient, BAG IS PACKED, COULD BE OUT OF HERE WITHIN 30 MINUTES :P Watch this space!!!!!!

Cheers,
John.

NAGG
06-04-2008, 11:20 PM
Mate, Dr Awoonga is a fantasic healer :D Barra every day even though the conditions were less than favourable, best fish was a meter. He's not only a healer but just a great bloke who trys to help everybody, a real ambassador to the world of sport fishing. :)
My closest clinic is 4 hours, Monduran, the next is Benaraby 6 hours and my second home Faust, is 13 hours :P

Mighty Whitey The Marlin Mauler has I.B.D. LOL, i bet he's still talking about it? I believe that as soon as he hooked a fish everyone within 10 klms heard all about it, bloody good stuff mate :D

Think i may have to return to the clinic at Benaraby as soon as the weather settles and the decomposing vegetation finishes. Noticed a lot of bait fish were carrying what apeared to be a fungal spot (similar to white spot in aquarium fish). Funny, since i opened up Ausfish, the tick has got quicker, the shake is much more volient, BAG IS PACKED, COULD BE OUT OF HERE WITHIN 30 MINUTES :P Watch this space!!!!!!

Cheers,
John.

I thought as much ....... Dr Awoonga is an exceptional clinician & bloke
I'm glad he helped you with your IBD:) ...... He actually coined the phrase I.B.D!.
The Marlin Mauler certainly had a ball ( 15 landed ... Why wouldn't he be happy) ... Yeh he got around the van parks::) Gave heaps to some meatoes at Monduran>:(
Mate .... Yeh 30 mins ( that's do-able) ...... Its all good!

Cheers again

Chris

PS ..... Should be living in Brisbane around Christmas ..... whooohooo

BR65
07-04-2008, 07:04 PM
Try AFC then!
Cheers
Jas

tuff gig Jas, your talents/luck on display to all of Australia, rather you guys than me. Love my fishing, but Im gald I dont have to be on show while I do it. Hard enuf just trying to make sure your crew gets a fish, let alone produce in front of a camera on demand, least if I donut I can allways say "bugger, tomorrow they'll be on""
Mind you, I have never missed an eposide of AFC on the box, especially the bass ones, something I really want to have a crack at.
Im guessin that the basics are still the same no matter where you fish, so theres a good starting clue.
Read about pre-fishing with hook less lures so as not to sting resident fish, save em for the next day, does that happen much?????

BR65
07-04-2008, 07:08 PM
PS ..... Should be living in Brisbane around Christmas ..... whooohooo

mate, exactly 41/2 hours from Woody Point (north side of briz vegas) to Mondy, includeing the compulsary stop for a curry chicken pie at the travelers rest at Gin Gin.
Just a wander up the track ;)

cheers
brian

NAGG
07-04-2008, 07:20 PM
mate, exactly 41/2 hours from Woody Point (north side of briz vegas) to Mondy, includeing the compulsary stop for a curry chicken pie at the travelers rest at Gin Gin.
Just a wander up the track ;)

cheers
brian

Very good ....... So how often do you do the trip Brian?????

Chris

BR65
07-04-2008, 07:29 PM
try to get up there once or twice a year mate, you know, boys week end away::)

would be there this week end if I didnt have to bank a few brownie points for Anzac day trip with the cheese and kisses
brian

NAGG
07-04-2008, 07:40 PM

would be there this week end if I didnt have to bank a few brownie points for Anzac day trip with the cheese and kisses
brian

Nothing like a good B.W.A:beer: :drunk: =:sick2:

I would have thought you would have got up there more often

Chris

BR65
07-04-2008, 07:56 PM
mate, I reckon I know every pothole, bump, twist, bend and rest stop on that stinkin bruce highway, Ive got to the stage now where I mentally break the run up into sections, Reddy to Caloundra turn off to Gympie to Tiaro toservo this side of Maryborough turn off to to Childers to the big citrus farm this side of gin gin to the pie shop to the servo outside gin gin to the park to the ramp
thank god for the Ipod, id go insane otherwise
ya know youve got IBD when you spend 9 hours travelling for one days fishing on the off chance youll get a barra

Tropicaltrout
07-04-2008, 08:14 PM
chrome flash, oh boil, nice snag, ooo yep hit, woohoo hes on, look at the leap, arrr not the snag, good cast, yep there he is, good temp, there's some good bait here,get the camera, weres the brag mat, chrome flash, oh boil, nice snag ooo yep hit, woohoo hes on, look at the leap, arrr not the snag, good cast, yep there he is, good temp, there's some good bait here,get the camera, weres the brag mat, chrome flash, sorry love did you say sex gotta go.....

Chrome flash, oh boil, nice snag ........................night darl

BR65
07-04-2008, 08:18 PM
lookin forward to the sweetwater m&g by any chance Nath?????? ;D

Steve B
07-04-2008, 08:35 PM
lookin forward to the sweetwater m&g by any chance Nath?????? ;D

Are non sweetwater people allowed to go???? I dont get on that site! not that I dont like it, just Ausfish is enough for me. Most people on here are on sweetwater too ....true? I might have to join so I can go and catch up with you blokes!!

Brian, 2-3 times a year........2-3 times a month sounds more like it;D;D

cheers steve

Whitto
08-04-2008, 11:02 AM
Are non sweetwater people allowed to go???? I dont get on that site! not that I dont like it, just Ausfish is enough for me. Most people on here are on sweetwater too ....true? I might have to join so I can go and catch up with you blokes!!

cheers steveG'Day Steve, It is by no means exclusive too Sweetwater members, I for one would have no part of it if it was, You will be more than welcome to have a BS session and a beer around the fire, God forbid we may even chase a Barra or 2 and if everone brings a can of Mortien we might be able to make an impression on eradacating the dreaded black spiders, Cheers Whitto;D

Peter4
08-04-2008, 12:57 PM

Look out Brian, your pants are on fire!!;D

I can recall at least three or four Mondy trips this year already......with another one (maybe two) pending.

This disease must affect memory as well!!;)

Regs

Pete

BR65
08-04-2008, 05:18 PM
Look out Brian, your pants are on fire!!;D

I can recall at least three or four Mondy trips this year already......with another one (maybe two) pending.

This disease must affect memory as well!!;)

Regs

Pete

yep, guilty as charged, just had a squiz thru my diary, total 9 trips this season, 4 before xmass and 5 more from january to present time.
Somewhere around 80 hours of travel, thats bizare, and a total waste of fishing time, couldve been 80 hours spent chucking lures;)
I reckon theres at least 2 more trips before I give it up for the winter, though those big highs sitting over the top of se qld might see a couple of sickies being taken
cheers
brian

BR65
08-04-2008, 05:24 PM

cheers steve

Yeah mate, I recognize quite a few suspect looking members over there on Fitzys site, the m&g looks more like what Whitto has said, nothing formal, just a fish and a few frosties between like minded fishos

Tim_08
08-04-2008, 05:34 PM
Tim,

Actually what I had in mind when I had the Digg;D

When and where is the sweetwater M&G? I think I'd definately try and get there.

BR65
08-04-2008, 05:44 PM
Actually what I had in mind when I had the Digg;D

When and where is the sweetwater M&G? I think I'd definately try and get there.

try here mate
http://www.sweetwaterfishing.com.au/Forum/index.php/topic,715.0.html

cheers
brian

NAGG
08-04-2008, 07:16 PM
Yeah mate, I recognize quite a few suspect looking members over there on Fitzys site, the m&g looks more like what Whitto has said, nothing formal, just a fish and a few frosties between like minded fishos

WHERE DO I HAVE TO SIGN ? 8-)

Nagg

Steve B
08-04-2008, 07:54 PM
Thanks Whitto and Brian.

I was going anyway!! but I just thought I would check. I might join sweetwater anyway, but I honestly dont have enough time for 2 websites that talk pretty much the same stuff.!! I will see you all there. Foxies was dragging me along anyway.!!!

I am looking forward to a coldie or two with everyone.!!! Whitto the cargo barrier is tops, I owe you a couple of beers!! What are you up to now after the F#$% up they called the QAS audit?? it has hit home here, Our Area Director who everyone likes has been shuffled back to the west. We are not happy. Hope you are doing OK! hadnt seen you for a while on here!!

steve

Tropicaltrout
09-04-2008, 08:00 PM
yep mate will be there Myself and whitto will be up with bells on and everyone is more than welcom if you do log on to fitzy's site be sure to click on to the new monduran m&g and lock in if your coming so everyone can see how many stories are going to be told.

Can't wait to be there with all of you fellas I reckon it will be a blast to be with a group of guys who suffer I.B.D

Cheers Nath

nipsta
10-04-2008, 07:38 PM

cheers steve

steve are you coming up for it now good too see at least i have plenty of helpers if my back gives way again i reckons it worth the pain to see one of those big girls leap out of the water again i cant wait at least im having a tease season out on bourumba to satisfy my interest and the maybe a sneak attack for a jack again and i have a few new piece of equipment to try also so hurry up may long weekend m & g should be a blast

Mighty whitey
13-04-2008, 08:08 PM
I know how you feel nagg i feel the same way but hopefully i will get a quick fix anzac day w/end if all goes to plan...;)

Don't worry NAG the mighty whitey court most of the fish, so you no how i feel.
p.s with help from Trev.;D

NAGG
13-04-2008, 08:56 PM
Don't worry NAG the mighty whitey court most of the fish, so you no how i feel.
p.s with help from Trev.;D

Pull your head in;D ...... Since when is 16 each .... The most :-/
Just remember molestation of Juvenile barra is frowned upon! ....... Specially when you upset the school mistress ...... & target the preschoolers:-[

& besides ..... your flurry came in one day ( 9) ..... At least I was consistent.

Next time the result will be based on total length ( meters & centimeters ..... not millimeters:P )

Cheers

Nagg

PS ..... I'd be thanking Trev too ! ...... Wasn't he casting for you;D ;D ;D .

PPS ....... So hows your I.B.D ????

rc@hinze
14-04-2008, 08:30 PM
Nagg, back from my trip to Monduran just over a week ago and cant stop thinking about the next trip already. I keep replaying all the sessions from my trip in my head. I even thing about my Awoonga trips last year on a regular basis.At least my local bass impoundment helps give a fix each week.

You have to move out of Penrith though. I was a Sydney western suburbs boy(Fairfield) also for my first 22 years and have now spent 25 on the Goldcoast. Love it here but would now think about moving to the Noosa area where there is surf and a 2.5 hour shorter trip to the northern dams - but my family have other opinions.

Theres plenty of work up here mate. While you are still single is the best time to make the break.

NAGG
14-04-2008, 08:57 PM
Nagg, back from my trip to Monduran just over a week ago and cant stop thinking about the next trip already. I keep replaying all the sessions from my trip in my head. I even thing about my Awoonga trips last year on a regular basis.At least my local bass impoundment helps give a fix each week.

You have to move out of Penrith though. I was a Sydney western suburbs boy(Fairfield) also for my first 22 years and have now spent 25 on the Goldcoast. Love it here but would now think about moving to the Noosa area where there is surf and a 2.5 hour shorter trip to the northern dams - but my family have other opinions.

Theres plenty of work up here mate. While you are still single is the best time to make the break.

Nice to see another Westie on here;D
This I.B.D ...... is real ! ...... i've replayed a few captures through my own mind too! ..... But then again , catching barra is such a big thing for me as I only get a couple of shots a year!
mate ..... I'm on the way , relocating to Brisbane later this year ...... Good for my career .... & my I.B.D:P
So life is good for you8-) ....... Enjoy those barra!

Cheers

Nagg

PS ..... women get me into trouble .... $$$:-X ....... barra I can enjoy & put them back where they came from;D

BR65
15-04-2008, 06:49 PM
Nagg, Ive discovered a temporary fix for IBD mate, when the jitters hit bad, just head down to the shed and have a little roll on the boat carpet where you usually lay the brag mat, AHHHHH, the sweet smell of barra

cheers
brian

NAGG
17-04-2008, 08:31 AM
Nagg, Ive discovered a temporary fix for IBD mate, when the jitters hit bad, just head down to the shed and have a little roll on the boat carpet where you usually lay the brag mat, AHHHHH, the sweet smell of barra

cheers
brian

I just use the brag mat as my table cloth;D

Chris

NAGG
14-08-2008, 07:45 AM

HI ALL ........ I'M STARTING TO SEE - THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL :2vrolijk_08:

29 DAYS TO GO :laola:

Cheers

Less Depressed

DEANO68
14-08-2008, 08:07 AM
HI ALL ........ I'M STARTING TO SEE - THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL :2vrolijk_08:

29 DAYS TO GO :laola:

Cheers

Less Depressed

think i can see it to chris8-) ,you were right about the shopping ,didnt help things at all,hopefully next weekends trip to the sandy streights will ease the pain a little..might leave a few things out and pick them up at foxies on the way through on the 12th..what time is he open on a fridy morn.??.8.30 would be good..
deano.