PDA

View Full Version : Leisure Marine Not So Leisurely

Splash
03-04-2008, 09:06 PM
Not happy with Leisure Marine - poor customer service refusing to refund returned unused items as they ignore their own invoicing....

Beware!

Splash

Hamish73
03-04-2008, 09:12 PM
I think a bit more info is needed before they are condemed. I'd be suprised if this thread is here for long anyway ::)
How long ago did you purchase the goods?
Did you change your mind or were they faulty?

BaitThrower
03-04-2008, 09:13 PM
Thats pretty sad. i was there today to get some engine tuner. Simple transaction, but obviously may be a different story for anything larger, or more expensive. A shame.

finding_time
03-04-2008, 09:28 PM
I think a bit more info is needed before they are condemed. I'd be suprised if this thread is here for long anyway ::)
How long ago did you purchase the goods?
Did you change your mind or were they faulty?

Well i think this thread will be around longer than you think Hamish!;) There seems to be a " I got bad service at Leisure Marine thread" every 6 months or so on this site. Where there is smoke there is fire!

Ian

Splash
03-04-2008, 09:38 PM
Goods (seals) purchased in Feb 2008.

They supplied me with (and charged me) for 2 sets of seals when I ordered 1 seal set (LHS and RHS joined as one set).

i did not change my mind nor were parts faulty. They even asked me to return these parts.

I showed them their own invoice where it clearly indicates I have been charged for 2 seal sets.

For some reason, they do not want to acknowledge or comprehend this detail in their own invoice... ??

This is where the problem is. Simple transaction error but major drama :o

Do you think this is acceptable customer service?

If you were in business and mistakenly overcharged a client/customer for a goods or service on a previously mutually agreed contract sale price, would you retain that unearned income or show business etiquite and refund your customer the difference?

They also seem to not want to enquire the supplier in USA for some ambiguity in part description for this particular part..

First and last time attempt with this business - for me anyway.

Splash

Noelm
04-04-2008, 07:40 AM
I guess if that is correct then, and you only wanted one set, but were supplied (and charged) for two, then you are totaly within your rights to expect a refund, BUT, did you not notice that the price was double and you had twice as much stuff?? not defending them here, just curious as to how it all came about!

Splash
04-04-2008, 07:45 AM
Thanks Noelm

This seal purchase was one of 10 other items I had ordered at same time.

I only learned of the itemised / invoiced amount of this specific part wehn I received the invocie receipt with parts delivered.

Splash

Taroona
04-04-2008, 08:04 AM
I have to say that I have had nothing but great service from all the people at Liesure Marine.

I would recommend them no problem at all.

Bob the owner will bend of backwards to help as will Dallas in the workshop.

Les

Noelm
04-04-2008, 08:26 AM
OK, if that's the case, then a full return (unopened of course) and refund should present no problem, if for some reason the parts were ordered in as special parts, then I guess they could charge some sort of return fee, but if they want to retain you as a future customer, then they should just wear the cost, new, happy customers are the way a Business grows and survives in today cut throat and Internet "store" World, bad Servive will surely bite you on the bum big time later on.

Splash
04-04-2008, 10:19 AM
Thansk Noelm

I agree.

I'll stick to Mitchell's Marine in Cairns from now on...........

Splash

hondaguy
04-04-2008, 10:54 AM
Didn't some ones windscreen come off their boat purchased from there? I live a capalaba and won't go there for my honda parts or servicing from my past experiences. do a search with their name on this site and see what others have posted.

tropicrows
04-04-2008, 11:23 AM
I have been dealing with them for the last five years and never had a problem. They have even gone overboard to help source bits for me. But I would be pissed off as well getting charged for something I did'nt order. Stick to local suppliers and get to know them by name, it all helps.

FNQCairns
04-04-2008, 02:47 PM
Some seem confused as to what actually constitutes service, it even seems as if a business abides by the trades practices act then that makes for good service.

HERE is an example of good service -went to the biggest grocery chain in oz bought $30 worth of groceries and asked for $100 cash out, didn't recieve cash so asked the girl for it, she said O sorry I didn't hear you ask for it, I say thats Ok just as long as it's not on the receipt that I received it, she looks at the receipt and says nope! then hands it to me, I trust her and slip the receipt straight into my wallet. 2 days later my bank account says $130 was removed from my account in that transaction, ring Woolies ask for them to look in to it, expecting I was scammed and resigned to my chances, they ring back a week later and say the till was correct that day and they looked up the transaction etc and to drop by and pick up $100, nearly fell of my chair, that level of service just doesn't happen in this country.

So yeah honoring warrenty, ordering product, recieving product and smiles/easy talk etc just doesn't constitute service IMO.
BTW this supermarkets balance sheet will actually be better as a result of the 'refund' than it would have been without giving it, we have long memorys in this houshold - so many businesses actively work so hard to screw themselves over, doesn't make sense to me.

cheers fnq

philpy
04-04-2008, 03:24 PM
Its all to common these days that business dont want to help or bad service.As a owner of a small busniess myself i have to go to long lengths to compete with bigger busniess but can happily THAT THE CUSTOMER COMES FIRST not to many of them left.they have lost me

Seahorse
04-04-2008, 03:56 PM
how much money we talking about. I know someone is going to jump on and say, its not the cost but the service.
I only ask this question because if only few dollars then surely its worth immediate refund to keep the customer happy and coming back.

greg

Splash
04-04-2008, 04:36 PM
$38.14

I cannot comprehend how any business would dispute their own invoice reciept??

SPlash

sea raider
05-04-2008, 08:54 AM

They supplied me with (and charged me) for 2 sets of seals when I ordered 1 seal set (LHS and RHS joined as one set).

i did not change my mind nor were parts faulty. They even asked me to return these parts.

I showed them their own invoice where it clearly indicates I have been charged for 2 seal sets.

For some reason, they do not want to acknowledge or comprehend this detail in their own invoice... ??

If you were in business and mistakenly overcharged a client/customer for a goods or service on a previously mutually agreed contract sale price, would you retain that unearned income or show business etiquite and refund your customer the difference?

They also seem to not want to enquire the supplier in USA for some ambiguity in part description for this particular part..

Splash

Hang on a sec,

You say you were supplied and charged with the seals. Do you want to keep the parts and still want a refund or have you offered to return the goods for a refund?.

While we're on the subject,

An Eskimo walks into a garage to pick up his broken down car. The mechanic said "It looks like you've blown a seal mate". "No I havent" said the eskimo, "I've just eaten an ice cream":D :D :D :D

stevej
05-04-2008, 12:19 PM
Hang on a sec,

You say you were supplied and charged with the seals. Do you want to keep the parts and still want a refund or have you offered to return the goods for a refund?.

":D :D :D :D

Not happy with Leisure Marine - poor customer service refusing to refund returned unused items as they ignore their own invoicing....

Beware!

Splash

reading the first post helps

over 6 boat purchases 4 new 2 second hand and all the associated visits related to aftersales service upgrades i have no faith in any sydney dealers

sure they are good at times but then they throw a curve ball to make me rethink my use of their companys.

in the end i shop on price and play them off each other and sort my own problems out

Splash
05-04-2008, 03:23 PM

i did not change my mind nor were parts faulty.

They even asked me to return these parts.

Splash

Here we go Sea Raider - Please re-read 3rd sentence in this earlier post.

Thanks Steve.

Splash

tin can marlin
05-04-2008, 09:32 PM
It is a creidt to you splash in the way you are handling this we need more ausfish members like you. Well done keep up the good work. Regards mark

Splash
05-04-2008, 09:49 PM
Thanks Mark.

I will attempt to follow up again my due refund next week. If still no luck, I will take next steps and I will WIN in the end so that it does not happen again - to protect all of us - as law abiding paying customers.

Splash

tin can marlin
05-04-2008, 09:54 PM
Well splash i think you have got most of ausfish on your side.

Hamish73
06-04-2008, 07:36 AM
Just email them the link to this thread. I'm sure this thread has cost them more than $38 already

charleville
06-04-2008, 08:26 AM
My most recent experience with Leisure Marine has been a good one.

I wanted some 130 mm nylon cleats to put on my box trailer. Leisure Marine's price was well under $3 per cleat versus $3.70 for Bias Boating. I took all that they had on the shelf.

This is obviously small beer but it signaled to me that their prices might be OK on some stuff.

Chimo
06-04-2008, 09:15 AM
Hi Cam

If they had any sense there would be a cheque in the mail; in fact probably by the end of the week it should be in your bank.

All just too silly for words!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers
Chimo

Splash
06-04-2008, 12:21 PM
Thanks Chimo.

garman1
07-04-2008, 12:45 PM
Even if the company was in the right ............ and please remember i said "even if".... that part has cost them far more than 38 bucks. People pay a fortune for "good" advertising and they lost it for 38 bucks.

A chance lost to gain "prospective" customers, what a shame.lets hope that logic and common sense prevails.......................................... ...

Garry

I work in retail and this was a silly waste of time, frustration, annoyance for everyone

SummerTrance
07-04-2008, 02:36 PM
They should have given him a refund. Because they didnt, he posted this thread, and in turn, I will never go to Leisure Marine.

As they say, give good service and the customer might tell 3 people, give bad service and they will tell 10

Splash
07-04-2008, 04:47 PM
Is'nt Human Nature wonderful ............................... :-)

Fido
09-04-2008, 07:35 PM
Thansk Noelm

I agree.

I'll stick to Mitchell's Marine in Cairns from now on...........

Splash
I don't agree with any of this. I have never had a problem getting a refund and they are always helpful.

Give them a fair go.

Hamish73
09-04-2008, 07:44 PM
so splash, have you got your refund yet? Did you email them this link?>

BaitThrower
09-04-2008, 07:47 PM
I don't agree with any of this. I have never had a problem getting a refund and they are always helpful.

Give them a fair go.

It sounds like Splash has given them more than a fair go already, i.e. a chance to correct their mistake, or at least a chance to show some decent customer service. I think Splash needs a fair go :P

Splash
10-04-2008, 05:47 PM
Thanks Hamish and BaitThrower.

I have emailed them twice this week (Monday and Tuesday).

No replies - again.

It is now Thursday late PM.

I will call them tomorrow as a last chance for redemption.

Failing that (and still choose to disagree with their own invoice), I will forward this 'kind' link to them as a gesture of 'good customer service' and just 'keeping in contact' to say 'Hi'..........

SPlash

Splash
11-04-2008, 07:58 PM
Update -

They contacted me by email late afternoon and said they would give me a credit. I'm OK with that but they still seem to think I was in the wrong and feel they have to begrudingly give me this credit by their email answer which was all in 'ALL CAPS' and not one nice thing to say about anything...

SPlash