PDA

View Full Version : Over nighter off DI

snap-a-rod
31-03-2008, 10:56 PM
Headed out Wednesday morning with me mate Block , crossed the bar at about 8:30am and headed for first spot to gather some livies. Dropped a couple of jigs down and couldnt land a bait fish as we kept getting busted off so decided to do a bit of bottom bashing. Landed one nice gold spot cod and 19 Mackeral { 10 Spotties and 9 Schoolies } most of which were caught on floaters. Deciced to head off for spot 2 and anchor up for the night. Snapper came on the chew just on dark as we had hoped and wasnt long before we bagged out on them . Caught a couple of pearlies during the night and 1 painted sweetlip. Come morning we headed back to spot 1 just to have a play with the mackeral for a while before we headed home. All in all was a great trip and the weather was perfect cant wait to head out again and thanks heaps Block for inviting me along.

Cheers.

backlash08
01-04-2008, 06:10 AM
Hi snap-a-rod, looks like a good haul and great conditions,
cheers
Craig

jtpython
01-04-2008, 06:28 AM
Excellent Mate seems the fish were on the chew everywhere.
Thankfully they were after the dismill weather we have been having
JT

Lacey Blue Dog
01-04-2008, 06:50 AM
Top Work with that load. Do you freeze the Macs or just off load to friends and neighbors.

bluedog

skipalong
01-04-2008, 07:33 AM
excellent fish guys

snap-a-rod
01-04-2008, 09:37 AM
Hi Lacey Blue Dog no we vaccum pack the macs then freeze them

Tassie JR
01-04-2008, 06:25 PM
Nice work snap a rod, why couldn't the weather be like that easter weekend when we was up there, oh well planning on going back up there in 2 weeks time so hopefull we get some good weather.

cheers tassie JR

Vindicator
01-04-2008, 09:08 PM
Well done fellas. Did you do any good over easter Keechie, passed you along Carlo rd when you were heading back, realised it was you after you went past.

Cheers
Kezza

wak69
01-04-2008, 09:19 PM
snap-a-rod

Looks like a cracker of a trip fellas , great stuff...

cheers Sam.....

Tassie JR
02-04-2008, 09:43 PM
Well done fellas. Did you do any good over easter Keechie, passed you along Carlo rd when you were heading back, realised it was you after you went past.

Cheers
Kezza

Yeah kezza it was us on carlo road when we noticed it was you it was to late as well, We wasnt doing much good so called it quits with 1 makeral, a feed of whiting, a slade bream about 3 kg and 3 flathead and 1 nice big mudcrab, weather was terrible for offshore did you get out any of the days you were up there. We got up there about 1 day to late, thursday and friday were the good days.

cheers tassie JR

cptpott
03-04-2008, 07:25 PM
Hi Guys,
Where's DI?

Synful
08-04-2008, 01:37 PM
Hi Guys,
Where's DI?

Hi CptPott,

If they went where I think, then it's just off Palm Cove here in Cairns, there are a couple of them though in Australia so I could be wrong...

Looks like they got it to fire at the right time, DI (here) can be a hit and miss affair; fish are either there or they aren't!

Smithy
08-04-2008, 03:04 PM
I think DI in this thread refers to Double Island Pt in South East Qld., not the Double Island in North Qld.

Hey Block,

I think Lucas got into them a couple of days after you on the same mark when you are next talking to him. I only got it off Gusey who was fishing with him for the day then Craig rung me up Sunday lunch so sounded like the same spot.

Did you ever go out on that good weather after ringing me that morning? Can't say I remember the report if you did.

snap-a-rod
11-04-2008, 04:10 PM
Hey smithy yeah lucas did clean up on the same mark .
Cheers Brad. { Blocks new deckie lol }