PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Secret Spot X1/A

jtpython
31-03-2008, 10:23 PM
Went for a run yesterday morning at 1am to a mark of ours 70 km out with a mate just a head of us we arrived at spot X 1/a where we proceeded to drift Bang first fish an 8 kg Red we then mark the spot to a small pinicle about 3 foot high with some nice fern showing .
Soon as we anchored the fish were on as we fished into the morning with 5 Reds 7 Tuskie's 4 Grassy's 1 cod 1 moses perch and a Pink Hussar with 4 Spanish ranging from 17 kg to 14 kg. After this filled our esky and we definately had enuff fish for ourselves. The trio out was magnificent with half a moon and a neap tide and the wind a 5 knot SW absolutely brilliant condidtions.
We ended up picking one Spano on the rod and 3 while trolling the lures , them X Raps are amazing. And was great to see we probaley caught and released 35 reds just in the 2 cm under bracket

And will post a vid of the fish in the next week too cheers guys

outsiderskip
01-04-2008, 05:15 AM
great catch
i take it u were off di

pete

Kev_McC
01-04-2008, 05:30 AM
Great results JT. Which X Raps were you trolling and how fast?
kev

jtpython
01-04-2008, 06:22 AM
No yeppon mate
And Kev the 30 plus Xrap at 8 km/hr roughly 1000 revs on myboat
JT

skipalong
01-04-2008, 05:18 PM
great haul guys

ffejsmada
01-04-2008, 05:56 PM
Onya JT, good stuff mate.
Plenty of good chewin there for you mate!
No sharks???

Cheers Jeff.

jtpython
01-04-2008, 06:07 PM
Jeff Yes mate there was a couple of hammers happening and i managed a huge leopard by the looks of him about 15 foot long he wasn't like a normal shark got him about 10 foot under the boat after a huge fight on the bottom rod he had a huge head and long tail didn't want to see him after we found out what he was.
Dad got bitten off about 6 times and i got done twice .
But mate was marvellous conditions
JT

Tassie JR
01-04-2008, 06:15 PM
Nice work jt, shame about all the reds undersize tho.

cheers tassie JR

jtpython
01-04-2008, 08:26 PM
I'm Hearing ya tassie mate
But for the esky full for us was a god send cause i was out of fish LOL
We could have got another 2 spanish to get our limit for the bag out but we were stoked and they wouldn't have fitted Good to taste the freash taste of fish again
Cheers brother
JT

scoota
01-04-2008, 08:42 PM
Doesn't a good day on the water after months of crap weather put all those cursing thoughts of "selling the bloody boat" way out of the picture:-X

Really miss my fishing days out of Yeppoon chasing Red Jew & Reds in the fern country pre green zones:-/

Those spots non green and 70km out are still special and closely kept secrets8-)

Great stuff JT

Scoota...

Vindicator
01-04-2008, 09:01 PM
Some nice fish there JT. Sounds the conditions alone made it a good trip and the fish were just a bonus.

Cheers
Kezza

mangomick
03-04-2008, 08:44 AM
Nice Haul JT
The area fishing pretty good after all that wind by the looks.
Hardest part is finding somewhere to park the boat trailer on the good days :)

jtpython
03-04-2008, 08:14 PM
Hearing that Mick but plenty of parks there at 12.40 am in the morning
And let me tell ya my beenie got a good workout the whole trip out too my ear were well warmed by the 1 3/4 hour trip out lolJT
Good to see ya again Mick thought i hadn't seen ya for a while
Hope to at least ave a drink at the hook up this year with ya we are in a cabin this time

mangomick
04-04-2008, 02:32 PM
Yeah weathers been keeping me pretty quiet. my Mrs reckons it great. I can finally finish a paving job I started eons ago.
Got out to shoals last weekend . Bagged out on tuskies and picked up a few red throats and a couple of flag. Guys who were there a bit earlier bagged out on Red throats.
Mate got some nice red jew ,tuskies and grassies near where you got the big red at the last hook-up.
Looks like I'll be working during the hook-up. I might be able to get out one night and sub contract a few fish for you. :D (only joking readers)
Catch ya

jtpython
04-04-2008, 03:58 PM
Good stuff mate sounds like a plan.
We are arriving on the wednesday so will be looking for an overnighter before the hook up so we don't miss out on any draws but birthday on friday so will be keen for a drink
JT

disorderly
04-04-2008, 10:22 PM
About time you got a few fish,JT.http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/wink.gif
And some real quality fish as well.
You gotta be happy with that....makes me envious just thinking about that feeling I get when a good spanish grabs the lure and the reel starts screaming....good onya mate..bet it was a great day out.http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/smiley.gif

Scott

AIDY
05-04-2008, 01:39 PM
that red looks barley leaegal

jtpython
05-04-2008, 05:41 PM
So tell me idiot what is the legal size
Would you even know
You are a tosser this is why people don't post too many pics on here anymore because of knobs like you
So to keep your amazing skill of being able to know the length of a fish using your eye's you must be special
How tall am i
JT

warti
08-04-2008, 09:49 PM
Shit guys, i have just realized how long its been since i have been on here. Good to see youse are still catching fish. Unfortunately i got addicted to golf over summer but with the good weather back im into the fishing again! Went down to baffle a few weeks ago in a little tinny for some mega whiting with a 38cm one being the best and a fair few hovering around the 35's. Went out in Megabite last thursday off turkey for a look in some new ground (for me) and caught 3 trout, one of them a snodger, a couple of redthroats, a big grassy, about six strippies, one small and one big cod(ate a live hussar), a couple of mackkies and about a thousand bloody hussar( all released or used for bait). Im off to middle creek for a few days on friday so i will post another report when i get back. Sorry for the delay but i didnt realize how much i missed my fishing, COME ON WINTER!

rat_catcher
08-04-2008, 11:23 PM
........and about a thousand bloody hussar( all released or used for bait).
I used to do the same thing, but got a bit desperate one trip out when we couldn't seem to catch anything but Hussar so I took some home to eat and I was quite impressed. They eat better than a lot of people give them credit for, so now I keep a few of them for food too!

jtpython
09-04-2008, 08:13 PM
I see ya pics Warti nice mate
And yes we usauly kept a few hussar specially the horse ones they are great chewing with lemon and salt and pepper
But also excellent live and strip bait
JT

warti
09-04-2008, 08:26 PM
I thought i didnt keep any till i looked at them photos tonight. But i have kept them before and they arent bad chewing i agree. But they seem to be around some of the bommies i fish pretty thick sometimes and you just have to use bigger baits so the other better fish have time to move in. However i am not a great fisherman but i try so what i get is what i get. I am going to explore more this year. The photo from turkey was an exploratory mission which yeilded a few fish, but i spent half that trip looking for ground so i am pumped up for a good one this year. Hopefully i will finally get a big red!

Tangles
09-04-2008, 08:56 PM
Aidy, youv'e got to do a spell check, ive done it for you and a delete of the misspelt words so you can follow;D it should read:

'That red looks trumps'

nice fish JT, what gear where you trolling on with those xraps, the 30 right, big buggers

mike

jtpython
09-04-2008, 09:20 PM
HAHAHA good one Aigutso got to love that sense of humour buddy
I use my bottom bashing gear mate 80 lb mono on my rods when trolling the big lures but the mate in his boat was using slow baits the Spano's were that thick i'd say they would have taken a rag
I notice the reds on the ground we fish are on the smaller patches if not no bottom and more away from the bigger bommies cause of the main reason the smaller fish congregate around them more , cod and pestilence fish at times tend to hang around the bigger bommies.
We search for shows of fish with little rise or show of fern
This all sounds good in theory LOl
Cheers jt
The rods trolling with are a shakespear powerpoint 24 kg rod on a phueger g40l
And a diawa seascape 40 on a 37 kg Gladiator rod all loaded with 80 lb mono
Mazzaferro Trilon Line

mangomick
12-04-2008, 08:50 AM
They're all keeping an eye on you JT . Last year you were in trouble for not taking the "alledged fin " of that mackeral and now undersize Reds. Your a Bad Bad Boy
You might have to get Mum to buy you a mirror and a shimano measuring board so you can post more photos;D ;D

jtpython
12-04-2008, 02:04 PM
I'll have to remove all measureing stickers and throw my tinsnips overboard seeing i don't use them LOL
No reds lastnight mick they were all ummmm undersize
45cm to 54 cm
None were above 55 cm we usauly don't take them till 56 cm once you cut there throat they may shrink lol don't take chance like trout we don't take them under 45 cm but that us
JT

mangomick
12-04-2008, 04:17 PM
No Reds, Thats no good.
I had to work this weekend but my young bloke took the boat and I think hes gone out to the pinnacles. He's due home tomorrow so I hope he got into a few.
Would have been a great week-end for an overnighter.
Perhaps AIDY was worried that you may have been using a metre rule and were starting from the wrong end;D ;D ;D

jtpython
12-04-2008, 05:43 PM
:P :P :P
LOL
Pinnicles here mick?
Or is there another place called that your way?
We got a good feed lastnight but no macks and i think the trawelers have been smashing the botoom out wife a hell of alot of weed coming from The SE beening that there hasn't been much wind about i think this is the only reason which made trolling lures hopeless this morning so no spano's
We managed up some snapper thou and a mixed bag of bluey's and lippers and cod.
We hooked one of the biggest cod lastnight i'd seen in a while about 1.5 metres after getting the hook out rather easliy he floated for a minute and went back down, i managed a sleep for an hour and the oldman managed another one on his bait, Lots of hussars around withg some good sized pink fella's
Good to see some big cod around hopefully keeping down the swarms of trigger fish cause we got enuff of them this morning::)
JT

mangomick
13-04-2008, 05:41 PM
Yeah. the pinnacles out from cape cap.
He was heading up to top end of curtis island for a mates buck party over the week-end and plan was for a few boats to head out to pinnacles for a night or early morning fish.
Think the hops got the better of them all and they didnt even wet a line
Thinking back I think I can remenmber days like that;)

cletus
13-04-2008, 10:18 PM
Global warming really is effecting us, snapper in april !!!!! Think it might snow this winter? Dose this mean all of our red emperor have fled south to warmer waters or have they just shrunk in the cold water?

Hey mick I have had one of thoses days, lucky the mate didn't an he is dragging my arse out tonight, will regret it tommorow I bet!

I am only 2 foot tall so I will post some pictures when we get back

skipalong
14-04-2008, 06:54 AM
was at the pinnicles on saturday arvo was not that comfortable, was still blowing 15-20 knots from the se

mangomick
14-04-2008, 06:26 PM
skipalong
Are you talking about the pinnacles out from Kepple bay. Did you do any good. Heard a few big grunter and Reds were being caught around there earlier in the month.

tinniemad
14-04-2008, 07:05 PM
there good fish well done!

jtpython
14-04-2008, 07:17 PM
Mate of mine got some nice ones thursday night and some friday night but were far and between , listening to radio the guys out wide wide got onto fish but they were scattered reports mate

CT
21-04-2008, 03:38 PM
Off topic

Im off to middle creek for a few days on friday

So were you at Middle over the 11/12/13th? I was the red cruiser ute with the 10ft Allycraft and honda.

Cheers
Craig

warti
21-04-2008, 07:00 PM
Yeah mate, i was in the camp beside you with the Rodeo.

CT
22-04-2008, 10:18 AM
Good to put faces names and boats together!

Cheers
Craig