PDA

View Full Version : Sea Patrol 11

Brumby
31-03-2008, 09:41 PM
I've been banned from watching the new Sea Patrol - spent most of the hour or so growling at the TV. I only hope our real navy aren't so lily livered and PC!

Pity, some nice kit on display, but I think I may just haul out the Water Rats DVD's, at least they belted someone every now and again, if not plugged them with a .38.

jtpython
31-03-2008, 10:28 PM
HAHAHAHA hearinf ya i kept yelling shoot the %^&'s but they wouldn't>:(
LOL;D
JT

Luc
01-04-2008, 08:22 AM
Yeah, it was hilarious ;D with one crewman nearly killed and coming under fire from a machine gun and the result :o !!!

Break off & return to the boat::) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Anyone else would have shot the buggers.

Sends a really good message!!

Luc

fivefishes
01-04-2008, 06:38 PM
Hey,

Pretty lame. I turned off after 10 min. Did anyone recognise the scenery? All of what i saw was filmed in Mourilyan Harbour bout an hour or so south of Cairns. Great little harbour, really good Jack fishery and just about anything swims in the nice deep water there, i've seen Grey and Spanish Macks feeding around the wharf when the bait is in there, not to mention jigging some GT's from under the sugar terminal shown. See everything in the world comes back to fishing!! If anyone is around FNQ, i suggest a day in the harbour at Mourilyan, great little place.

Matt

STUIE63
02-04-2008, 10:31 AM
Matt
I got some nice fingermark there on live squid a couple of years ago
Stuie

bondy99
02-04-2008, 08:35 PM
I think Australia must be the only country in the world that feeds and look after illegal fishers from overseas and pay their airfare back only to return another day to the same thing. If we did that in another country back yard, chances are straight in the slammer or shot on sight.

I say bring back the real Navy, the ones that sank the first load of boat people before it reached Darwin many years ago, too bad some do gooder reported the incident, resulting in Navy Commander posted elsewhere and gagged no doubt, and softy softly ever since. Thats my spin

disorderly
03-04-2008, 05:39 PM
I think Australia must be the only country in the world that feeds and look after illegal fishers from overseas and pay their airfare back only to return another day to the same thing. If we did that in another country back yard, chances are straight in the slammer or shot on sight.

I say bring back the real Navy, the ones that sank the first load of boat people before it reached Darwin many years ago, too bad some do gooder reported the incident, resulting in Navy Commander posted elsewhere and gagged no doubt, and softy softly ever since. Thats my spin

mate,I dont know how old you are or how widely you have traveled...
I would guess though,probably not too old and probably not been to too many third world countries.
You really seem to have no idea how easy we have it here in this country and how much privilege and opportunity exists for us-....there is no true poverty in this country.
To be a peasant in a third world country can be a tough life indeed.....and if the opportunity exists to be offered a job on a fishing boat to help feed the family can you blame them....they are likely to be just poor uneducated,unskilled workers desperately trying to make enough dollars to feed their families. ...

What do you think we should do to them?

..Sink them,hang them,kill them.... ?

gone_fishing
03-04-2008, 06:16 PM
lucky its only a tv show
i think if that was a true represntion of the navy we'd be speaking indonision by know
but it is alright on the eyes my missus thinks lisa mckeown is the best thing since sliced bread
they critics reakon it gets better heres hoping

bondy99
03-04-2008, 06:21 PM
I would guess though,probably not too old and probably not been to too many third world countries.
You really seem to have no idea how easy we have it here in this country and how much privilege and opportunity exists for us-....there is no true poverty in this country.
To be a peasant in a third world country can be a tough life indeed.....and if the opportunity exists to be offered a job on a fishing boat to help feed the family can you blame them....they are likely to be just poor uneducated,unskilled workers desperately trying to make enough dollars to feed their families. ...

Mate , I don't know what country your from, but I have travelled to a few countries and yes I'm 100% born and bred here. What I'm annoyed with is that people from other countries that rape the seas of their countries without having a conservation or management plan to ensure their fisheries is managed in a sustainable way and come to another country such as Aus to the exact same thing thinking that its very big, no one will know....mate if that's your idea of its ok come and rape our resources whether rich or poor then I don't share that view. Overfishing leads to collapse of a fishery and its a fact all over the world.

Two wrongs dont make a right? I'm not talking about people who come to Aus to seek work or are offered work by prospective employers on the basis they cannot be filled locally whether its factories or trawlers.

Brumby
03-04-2008, 07:12 PM

That's a hell of a jump, reaching those conclusions from one short post! Again I don't know your own background, but from where I stand - born in one of those third world countries, travelled to many more and seen the poverty and corruption first hand - Aus is a bloody marvellous country and worth fighting to maintain. Something I've noticed about the poaching and stealing i've experienced - there is normally some fat cat not too far behind the scenes, manipulating the situation and profiting hugely from it. Unless you make it too dangerous and unprofitable for him, he'll just keep on luring suckers in to do his bidding.

sid_fishes
03-04-2008, 07:39 PM
let the navy lose, and just blow them out of the water, let them become food to feed our fish,not take them

STUIE63
04-04-2008, 10:31 AM
this is the bloke the navy and government should be getting
there is normally some fat cat not too far behind the scenes, manipulating the situation and profiting hugely from it. Unless you make it too dangerous and unprofitable for him, he'll just keep on luring suckers in to do his bidding

not the peasants trying to make a quid to feed their family
Stuie

Mac_Attack
04-04-2008, 06:46 PM
Just enjoy the show for what it is A TV SHOW ;D I recon its a great show
Cheers Nick 8-)

Reel Nauti
04-04-2008, 08:59 PM
Fools and children comment on a job not yet finished. None of us have yet seen the conclusion. A great show which I love every minute of.

Dave

Brumby
04-04-2008, 09:44 PM
Mate, episode one is finished and I found it pretty lame. You're perfectly entitled to differ, but I reckon you'd make your point just as clearly without the sledging.

NAGG
04-04-2008, 10:00 PM
Its just TV !!!!!! .... Do you think that CSI , CSI Miami , CSIs mother , CSIs neighbour & Crime Scene Investigators are really like this:-/ ...... Anyhow its better than ... So you think you can dance , neighbours etc

Nagg

bondy99
06-04-2008, 04:37 PM
thats about right, spot on NAGG

disorderly
06-04-2008, 09:57 PM
Its just TV !!!!!! ....
Nagg

What!!..No way...and I thought it was all based on a true story http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/wink.gif.

loophole
06-04-2008, 10:19 PM
was a good watch.. just a bit ridicouls showing just how much these guys get away with

NAGG
07-04-2008, 09:39 PM
What!!..No way...and I thought it was all based on a true story http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/wink.gif.

& there is no Santa:-X