PDA

View Full Version : Monduran & Slick Rigs - What Size????

OverNover
31-03-2008, 06:51 PM
G'day All,

Have received a heap of tips from alot of you saying that Slick Rigs are the go at Monduran, I'm thinking the larger 110mm & 130mm would be the go but another mate swears by the 80mm models, what do you guys reckon???? Cheers.

::)

NAGG
31-03-2008, 09:36 PM
G'day All,

Have received a heap of tips from alot of you saying that Slick Rigs are the go at Monduran, I'm thinking the larger 110mm & 130mm would be the go but another mate swears by the 80mm models, what do you guys reckon???? Cheers.

Be open minded ...... I'd be casting 110s first , then 130s ..... & finally drop down.

I'm pretty certain that on the day .... each size will catch fish ( but the jig head wt ...... sink rate , would be just as important ..... if not more so than the length) ........ That's how I would play it!

I'm pretty sure you'll get the good oil from the locals or regulars though :)

Nagg

PS .... From a recent trip to Awoonga with around 50 barra caught on Slicks ..... probably 30 fish came on 100/110s .... 18 on 130s & 2 on the 80s ( including 1 of the biggest fish landed)

chief 1
01-04-2008, 09:11 PM
I personally think the 100mm ones are the go,but thats my opinion

McCod
02-04-2008, 03:31 PM
G'day All,

Any size will do the trick on occasions but the bigger ones seem to produce better tho!
The Squidgy fish 130mm works well also.... My advise is not to get stuck in the slick rig syndrome to much as there are plenty of others that produce the goods as well..... Storm , Berkley etc etc etc' both shads & curl tails.

Cheers Les

chief 1
02-04-2008, 04:16 PM
Good point McCod,i have some storm that apparently are awesome for barra