PDA

View Full Version : Late arvo bite off the Goldy

business class
31-03-2008, 10:09 AM
G'day Guys,
Headed out late Saturday arvo around 2 30pm. Started heading towards spot x when saw a few splashes and birds working, stopped to see what all the excitement was, when i saw millions of tiny slimies:thumbsup: . could not believe it they were all about 4 inchs it was like i won lotto. Stay d there for about an hour longer then i should of getting 5 at a time on the bait jig, then sadly went on my way. started fishing around 4 30ish with hardly any current what so ever and no wind it was looking good. soon as the berly started flowing we were on, pulled up a nice squire around 1.5kg, the action didn't stop as everybait that hit the water was turning into a fish boated or the lucky one that got away. Just started getting dark when a full slimy screamed off, 15mins into the fight up come this monster Jack:o i couldn't believe it, then about 10mins later up come another one, i was stunned. We fished for another 30mins after that when the current started to really pick up, and with no house bricks on the boat to get down we decided to head home.:( Over all we ended up with a dozen snapper the bigest around 3 kg, 2 yellowfin, a big trev and 2 monster jacks which went 7.8kg and 6.8 kg ;D and a few more big fish that chewed through 60lb or took us into the reef. Overall a fantastic night and hopefully the good fishing keeps up. hope you like the photos.

Cheers

Matty

backlash08
31-03-2008, 10:24 AM
great Jacks! well done with that

cheers

Craig

business class
31-03-2008, 11:06 AM
Yeah Thanks craig it was a unreal night fishing. Apparently they get a few ocean jacks around the area we were fishing but thats the first i have caught or seen... hopefully we catch some more as there are a awesome fight..

Cheers

Matty

ooglie74
31-03-2008, 11:11 AM
Great looking jacks mate.Would have been a bit of fun.

Cheers troy

kitty_cat
31-03-2008, 11:54 AM
awsome day on the water dont see 2 many reports of the goldie with offshore jacks in them well done

Az
31-03-2008, 02:13 PM
nice feed there mate, don't see too many jacks on the goldy reefs!!

Those yellowfin are making me hungrY!!!

wags on the water
31-03-2008, 02:35 PM
Gotta be happy with those beaut xos jacks. Also nice mixed bag.

Well done.

Wags

business class
31-03-2008, 04:32 PM
Cheers guys, it was a good night. we might have even lost more jacks too as they were biteing through even 80lb leader, maybe jew with there gills but not sure.... not keen on eatin the yellow fin Az think that will go to the old boy!

Matty

skipalong
31-03-2008, 05:27 PM
monster jacks mate i bet they fought well

Fish_gutz
31-03-2008, 07:04 PM
thats an awesome haul with the big jacky boys you`d have to be wrapt with that. love ya work.

Zulu_1
31-03-2008, 07:57 PM
Top work mate nice fish top feed;D

Cheers Brett8-)

plaztix
01-04-2008, 09:36 AM
Thats a very nice mixed bag.

How long did the big jack go? Awesome fish!

business class
01-04-2008, 12:06 PM
Thats a very nice mixed bag.

How long did the big jack go? Awesome fish!

The Biggest was just under the metre mark.

husserhunter
01-04-2008, 12:59 PM
Well Done Champ !!!! There's A Couple Of Nice Looking Fish In That Lot

plaztix
01-04-2008, 03:05 PM
The Biggest was just under the metre mark.

Bloody hell, thats a freekin huge Jack.:o I'll bet he went real hard.

Imagine coming across that on the 15lb estuary jack outfit..........:-[:'(

business class
02-04-2008, 10:06 AM
Bloody hell, thats a freekin huge Jack.:o I'll bet he went real hard.

Imagine coming across that on the 15lb estuary jack outfit..........:-[:'(

I was stunned when i seen it pop up, i just couldn't believe it to be honest:o . And yeah they pull like a mac truck, i would hate to hook it in the creek system on light gear:(