PDA

View Full Version : wide "Teewah" !!!!

craigie
31-03-2008, 07:36 AM
How good was it to have a few good days of calm weather to get out for a fish !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I joined the thousand other punters to get out and try our luck.
Scored a ride with a mate Pete aboard his classic 19 foot Haines. Our third Crew member was George a mate of Pete's and a guy I had met through work a few years back.
Neither Pete or George had fished the Barwons/Sunny Coast reefs for decades so they both were keen to get out there amongst it !!

We set course for nth Barwons after a minor fuel glitch that threatened to destroy our well laid plans.

We had a drift across some 60m ledge country for a few unders and only one keeper Pearly. With the magic conditions around us (zero wind and glassy seas) we made the call to head North, Way North !!! I had a couple of isolated markes 10 mile - 15 mile away that I had never visited.
They turned out to be a couple of small bumps and ledges in the middle of nowhere, mind you anywhere out on the water could be considered the middle of nowhere when your on your own and it's a pitch black night ::) .

It was now 9-10 pm and still only one keeper in the box.
We persist and finally start pulling a few nice Pearly's over the side, including a triple hook-up !!
Anchor up around 1-00 am for a snooze. Up bright and early for the daybreak session to be greeted by 15 kn South wester and the current roaring back against the wind. Difficult to fish 65m of water so we make the call to head for home to Mooloolaba. Took us an Hour and a half to just get back off Noosa, seas settled a bit from here on.

A couple of Snappery Squire caught by my fishing buddies and some mixed reef complemented the Pearly's to give us a feed or two.

Didn't get to use the plastics this trip, all fish were caught on Bait.

A couple of pics attached.

Cheers
Craigie.

Spectre
31-03-2008, 12:41 PM
Well done Craig.....
Persistence paid off & at least u were able to put a good feed together.
Love those Pearlies !!!!

Will join u next time !!!

Cheers
Phil

skipalong
31-03-2008, 05:23 PM
nice mixed bag i was out there too it was magic on the water