PDA

View Full Version : No alerts for Subscribed Threads?

TonyM
31-03-2008, 07:18 AM
Hi

I haven't been getting emails for threads I've subscribed to, is it just me or is this feature not working at the moment?

Cheers
Tony

Ausfish
01-04-2008, 12:54 AM
If you receive and alert and then do not visit the thread you will not get any more alerts until you visit.

Maybe this is what has happened?

It saves sending countless E-mails to people that are no longer interested in a thread they subscribed to.

It will also depend on if you selected No E-mail, Instant, Daily or Weekly E-mail notification when you subscribed.

TonyM
01-04-2008, 09:18 AM
Hi Steve,

No it's not due to not visiting the thread(s)

I haven't received any alerts for any threads that I have subscribed to for several days now. Each of them I have subscribed for instant email notification.

e.g. This thread is in my subscription list for instant notification and I did not recieve a notification. Several of the other threads I have subscribed to have received new posts and I have not recieved a single notification at all for days.

I have checked my email details on the site and they are (still) correct, any other ideas why this might be (not) happening?

Cheers
Tony

Ausfish
01-04-2008, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the info, will check further. I have instant notification on several threads and it is working fine. Maybe a member level issue or similar so will look further.