PDA

View Full Version : Big Bass near Toowoomba

flathead007
30-03-2008, 11:11 PM
I am keen to get in to bass fishing and live (you guessed it Toowoomba) I know nothing about it I have done bream and flattie fishing on the tweed coast but I am keen to get any advice on fishing for Bass. Hints Tips Lures Places to go People to see ANY advice would be great!

bdowdy
31-03-2008, 08:02 AM
try crestbrook dam near crows nest, have always got onto some bass there ,they might be a little skinny but there is some great surface fishing and theres plenty of gar if you cant get any bass, ask your local tackle shop they will give you the hot spots and lures to use... and do a search for crestbrook dam youll find heaps of threads about it, at top of these pages sum

24036 . cheers bdowdy..brett...heres afew from my last trips:)

Brad Clark
31-03-2008, 03:46 PM
Mate, welcome to Toowoomba.

My suggestion would be to call into FishnBits at Alderley Street Toowoomba and have a talk to Carl Jocumsen. He will be able set you straight.

greyfox
02-04-2008, 07:44 AM
Bdowdy is right about Cressbrook. If you don't have much luck with lures (I've caught small bass in an inlet not far from the pumping station), try going up the dam near the buoy on the right side. I've drifted about to it's left in around 80' and caught reasonable bass on worms on the bottom in the middle of the day. Further up the dam it's worth trolling on the edge of the weed banks for a cod. You'll have to work out lure selection for yourself. Good luck.

TheSaint
02-04-2008, 07:50 AM
Mate i've found everytime i've been to cressbrook i've picked a few bass on a Jackall TN60 in chrome Ayu.. Also go to Mullet Gut Marine (TackleWorld) the boys there will be able to sort you out with some good lures as they do have a good range..

anglermatt
02-04-2008, 05:38 PM
Welcome mate. Cressy is a great little dam with a lot of fish. Not real big but good fun. Surface is the go early here then head to deep water after the sun rises. Anywhere close to the creek bed. Mate if you need any advice you can't go past the only bass pro in the area that works in a tackle shop. Carl jocumsen at FISH "N" BITS he's the man.;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 8-)

Nobby
03-04-2008, 09:32 PM
Flathead, Cressbrook is nice and close to Toowoomba about 45mins there are some big bass in there but are hard to find with a lot of little ones in between. There is a couple of other dams a bit fewer away hour n half with some ( hanks ) big bass all the time like Somerset and Wivenhoe. I'd stop in at Mullet Gut Marine northen end of Ruthven St with local anglers fishing the the dams regularly with heaps of advice and a large range of fishing gear for all of the dams at a good price. Give me ring if you need some help left ph number on other post cheers.;D

flathead007
04-04-2008, 10:35 PM
thanks for the tips fellas. I am land based. are poppers still worth a ga in cooler months

Nobby
05-04-2008, 08:30 AM
Yes surface should work all year round in creesbrook try zip n ziggy. Give me call we might be able to get you a ride in a boat when we go out Rory 0415445142:P

flathead007
05-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Thanks rory I definately will