PDA

View Full Version : Trolling Sunday Mooloolaba

TCSunCoast
30-03-2008, 08:50 PM
Went out early Sunday morning trolled till 2pm for; 8 strikes and 6 Hookups that resulted 5 landed of one 13kg Wahoo and four 5kg Mack Tuna.

Didn't see a billfish all day and the one we droped broke the 8kg line like cotton (bit heavy handed on the drag) after feeding line back to the hungry speedster.::)

Conditions ended up perfect. Good to see heaps of people reporting in and the weather being good for a few days in a row.:D

Tony

Liberty
30-03-2008, 10:42 PM
Congrats on a good day.

Where did you break the line?

TCSunCoast
31-03-2008, 12:23 PM
It broke at the top of the double on the knot. It was on my old man's rod and a mate of his tied it last time he was out. We're blaming him as he was not there to defend himself.

wadeo
31-03-2008, 05:21 PM
sounds like a great trip bout time we got some workable weather.

regards wadeo

skipalong
31-03-2008, 05:22 PM
not a bad hoo fine efforts

Vindicator
31-03-2008, 07:39 PM
Nice work Tony, the hoo would have been a treat. Did you see spanyards? I went out to Murphys for a troll a couple of weeks ago and didn't see a thing. Nolt even another boat. Conditions were pretty crappy though.

Cheers
Kezza

TCSunCoast
31-03-2008, 09:12 PM
Kezza,

No Spaniards, I normally go to the Caloundra 12 mile this time of year for them, you'll do bettter with livies.

Took the little fella down to the point at Noosa this morning and the bay was full of what appeared to be schoolies. Conditions were glassed up and there was boiling water for as far as the eye could see.