PDA

View Full Version : caught out

Wahoo
30-03-2008, 05:22 PM
check the weather friday arv, all good, load the boat, ready for ovanighter, got to Linden bank 65ks out about 5ish, planed to stay in that spot, only lasted 2 hrs>:( had to hide in between 2 reefs for some calm waters, forcast for saturday was 10 - 15 with 1.2m, well it was not on i tell ya, 25 - 30knts with a good 2 - 2.2m swell breaking>:(, slow trip home:P

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/4xgold0/rggh.png

fivefishes
30-03-2008, 05:41 PM
Wahoo,

Sorry to hear, it looked good for the weekend too.

We took the first chance we could and hit D.I wrecks friday am. 3am till 8am, weather was awesome not a glass out but close. Caught the biggest bloody catfish i've ever seen, 9.7kg!! Stuff all other than the usual under size nanny's and big Barracuda. There was a bit of bait around though so maybe some Mackies shortly.
After 4 weeks of SE to 30kts we deserved a good weekend, not to be.

Matt

FNQCairns
30-03-2008, 05:45 PM
Bad luck Daz, at least you got out there but, LOL!

We seem have a very winter like pattern causing us wind grief of late.

Thank god for chart plotters I bet!

I ate our last piece of fish in the freezer today, that's not the way I like to go fishing:)

Better luck next time.

cheers fnq

pubgolf
30-03-2008, 06:04 PM
howdy all. my first post on here.
We got to pixie at 6:30 am sat and then blown around all day.
10-15 knots ha ha
more like 20-30.
turned out to be a productive session though.
2 trout with a combined weight over 9 kilos.
i aint braggin though i didnt catch either.
all was going well to we broke anchor, and when i pulled in the rope to find the
'd' shackle and reef pick gone the slowwww trip home began.
it still beats workin.

Rod

fivefishes
30-03-2008, 06:37 PM
Rod,

Bummer bout the trip and yeah the Met guys were way off Sat definately 20+.

Oddly enough i pulled up a reef pick on my bottom rig at the wrecks on Fri, still in good nick will make a good spare, i'm sure your anchor will come to good use for someone at some stage. The D. shackle gone too, any divers around that day? Ha Ha.

Matt

Wahoo
30-03-2008, 07:08 PM
but we did nail a few of these ;D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/4xgold0/fishing047.jpg

levinge
30-03-2008, 08:51 PM
We are getting some of the same stuff down here in TVL, hope if blows off and we get a good weekend this weekend, dying to get onto some good fish