PDA

View Full Version : New England Cod

yellahunter
30-03-2008, 02:34 PM
hey guys,

Looking to do a trip down to the new england area to see if I can get a cod on fly.My biggest problem is where to fish with a realistic chance.
Can anyone give me some tips on where i might find some access and what flys are worth using. Any help is much appreciated, PM if you prefer.

was looking to go in the next week or two
Hopefully Il be able to put a nice report up soon,

Thanks in advance.

Ben

bdowdy
30-03-2008, 06:54 PM
hi ben im off to fiji in the next week, but if your really keen to get acod on fly could probably line something up when it starts to warm back up , have a top spot were i catch them often on the wand. cheers bdowdy,,brett

barrabundy
02-04-2008, 08:27 PM
Yellowhunter i know a place to try and catch a cod. The place is called kalang it is halfway between bundarra and inverell.Cost a little fee camp and need a 4wd to get down to camping spots.It is above copeton dam.[ph-0267233396]

Hardb8
03-04-2008, 04:53 PM
Hi Hunter,
I highly recommend Jimargie,Do yaself a favour and give Jim a call.;)

Cheers. B8.

mwilko
03-04-2008, 04:55 PM
gday,
the spot barrabundy refers to used to be ok now has been raped by people doing the wrong thing. this only happend after being broadcasted to all and sundry in forums such as this. now some pristine fragile water has been stuffed because of it. In know its a pay and stay set up but when you put a post up on the web its for all to see, meat hunters included. a PM message is a better option.

cheers

yellahunter
04-04-2008, 05:50 PM
thanks for the tips guys,

ive fished Jims a couple of times now and love the place but was thinking of trying somewhere else this time

mike_l
09-04-2008, 10:47 AM
Try Steve at Bullock Mountain Homestead (02) 67321599
They are on the Beardy, 20km from Glen Innes.
Has cabins plus camping facilities.
Plenty of good open holes, suit fly fishing.
Also plenty of GOOD sized redfin in the river there also.
You do need a 4wd. to get to the river though.
mike_l