PDA

View Full Version : Amberjack and Trevally

Frank OO
30-03-2008, 06:27 AM
I had promised Peter to take him fishing with soft plastics. Friday was a perfect day so I thought that yesterday (Saturday) would be a similar day. The trip to Comboyuro Point was not too bad but Cape Moreton was a bit more windy than expected. Although the 15knot north westerly wasn’t a major problem it did make the drift a bit quicker than I would have liked.

Peter’s first cast with a soft plastic saw the Egrell S10 buckled over with a regular thump. A few minutes later and he had caught his first fish on a plastic. A 7.5kg Trevally.

The Snapper seemed a bit scarce so it was time to get Peter into the AJs. Even “Big Bertha” was bent over hard as the 8kg Amberjack smashed the 7inch Nuclear Chicken time after time. I asked Peter if he would like a bit more of a challenge and handed him the Jig stick with the Saltiga 6500 drag wound up tight. I am still amazed at the pulling power of these relatively small fish. An hour and about twenty AJs later we decided to move to greener pastures.

Finding fish was relatively easy but getting them to bite proved to be a bit more difficult. We visited a few more spots but ended up playing with the Mack Tuna in Glass out conditions.

Frank OO

backlash08
30-03-2008, 06:40 AM
Nice work Frank, you seem to get onto them... weather has been much better, some happy faces now
cheers - Craig

seapup
30-03-2008, 07:18 AM
Out again Frank! Well done on the AJ's again!
Cheers,
Benny.

vertico
30-03-2008, 10:27 AM
tell him to smile next time frank :P

ffejsmada
30-03-2008, 10:36 AM
Well done again Frank!!

What sort of trevally do you think that is?????

It kinda looks like a Bludger:-/

What do you think???

Cheers Jeff.

Frank OO
30-03-2008, 11:27 AM
Hi Jeff,

I have looked at Grant's Guide to Fishes but there are no photos for the Bludger. Although similar to the Turrum the Pinkish Hue seems to indicate that it is a Bludger Trevally.

Frank OO

Frank OO
30-03-2008, 11:28 AM
Hi Sean,

I am not sure if he can. He was certainly thrilled with his catch but fifteen photos captured the same expression.

Frank OO

Pistol_P
30-03-2008, 11:35 AM
Hi Frank,

Some good fish again,

Not sure if that is a bludger....:-/

Pete

Lacey Blue Dog
30-03-2008, 01:53 PM
Hey Pete YOU ARE A BLUDGER.
Go the Banchong

Ha Ha

Bluedog

Top Fish Frank I was in laguna bay on Friday arvo in the rain and wind plenty of big tuna but not playing the game....

Pistol_P
30-03-2008, 02:11 PM
Hey Pete YOU ARE A BLUDGER.
Go the Banchong

Ha Ha

Bluedog

Top Fish Frank I was in laguna bay on Friday arvo in the rain and wind plenty of big tuna but not playing the game....

;D ;D ....Coming from a firey....:fireman: :fireman: :fireman:

You have admitted sitting down all day and watching television....;D ;D

Pete

skipalong
30-03-2008, 04:11 PM
nice work mate i dont know how you guys do it with the plastics

wiz
30-03-2008, 04:55 PM
Frank if you don't mind me asking what size braid leader and jig head do you use when you are chasing the snapper when fishing somewhere like flinders. Thanks

cheers Dan

death_ship
30-03-2008, 05:51 PM
hey franko the snapper were busy on saturday only me there til about 10 am.
Ha i guess thats his poker face

Keechie
30-03-2008, 06:33 PM
wow thats a great trevally keep up the goodwork.

regards,
keechie

GPB
30-03-2008, 08:54 PM
Definately a Bludger, we have caught a few on top of the Banks as well.

outsiderskip
31-03-2008, 02:30 AM
hi frank
nice fishin again
ill leave heavy stuff for u to catch
im off fishin again i might try some big ambo action today

pete