PDA

View Full Version : Looking For A Lure

Gordie
29-03-2008, 03:57 PM
Hoping someone canput me onto a supplier of soft plastics.

What I am looking for is a 'Cherabin look a Like'.

Some years ago we were fishing in the Territory and using live Cherabin for Barra, deadly !

The shrimp are in the Cherabin family. I have a few shrimp and prawn look a likes but would dearly like to get onto some large ones.
I would hope they would be around 150 to 200mm long.

Great if you could help.

Regards Gordon

bdowdy
29-03-2008, 06:38 PM
atomic make agreat prawn type lure called the prong i think work a treat and come in all sizes. cheers bdowdy..brett

Gordie
30-03-2008, 03:17 PM
Thanks Brett

I will find them and make sure you hear of any results when I try them on Barra.

Regards Gordon

craig308
30-03-2008, 05:09 PM
DOA also make a lure like a prawn and they are a good barra lure

http://www.doalures.com/shrimp.htm

bdowdy
30-03-2008, 06:51 PM
they have worked on cod yellas and heaps of reef fish last year in fiji so the barra should love them gordan, cheeers bdowdy..brett

Dan5
30-03-2008, 06:55 PM
Are you talking about a prawnstar? They were the go in the Daly a few year's ago everyone had to have one::) .
Dan..

bdowdy
30-03-2008, 07:34 PM
hi dan these are actually a soft plastic , but the prawnstar is agreat lure also.these prongs are in all sizes and are great for heaps of species. cheers bdowdy..brett

Gordie
30-03-2008, 07:53 PM
Thanks fellas

I will arm myself with a few. My first Barra was on a DOA Terra Eyes (I may have the spelling wrong) and it would only have been around 60 mm long so they dont have to be large, but the big thing is the bright red eye.

Regards Gordon

DJ77
30-03-2008, 08:03 PM
berkley power baits have a prawn in that size i use them for the cod and jacks in the creeks here cheers

Dan5
30-03-2008, 08:06 PM
hi dan these are actually a soft plastic , but the prawnstar is agreat lure also.these prongs are in all sizes and are great for heaps of species. cheers bdowdy..brett

Yeah mate i just thought Gordon may have been using prawnstar's?

Gordon if i can ask where did you stay at the Daly was it Sinclair's? cos Harold there swears by terra eye's and prawnstar's....just wondering.

Dan.

Gordie
31-03-2008, 05:22 PM
Dan we stayed at the Daly River Pub. Couldn't get over the river and the guide was a Darwin fellow (Mullys Fishing tours) in a long banana boat.

The correct spelling is terra eyz i think. They show up on DOA website.
Regards Gordon

d-man
03-04-2008, 06:37 AM
DOA make a 6 inch shrimp that sounds like what you are looking for, check the web site.
http://www.doalures.com/shrimp.htm
I've got a couple but haven't used them yet as they seem just "too big"