PDA

View Full Version : Transom/floor replacement

Al68
29-03-2008, 07:42 AM
Hi all does anybody out there know of any one who does this type of work in Townsville,I have a 17 haines runabout that is in need of the glass work,I dont have the time or Knowledge to do the job or should I just get rid of it a buy Alloy and be done with it???I had a quote from 2 companies just to do the transom one wanted $8000.00 yes just to do the transom not the floor or stringers,the other wanted $4000.00 only transom!at these prices a new rig is looking good or am i just out of touch with the price of things???
Al68

yalta
29-03-2008, 07:58 AM
Hi all does anybody out there know of any one who does this type of work in Townsville,I have a 17 haines runabout that is in need of the glass work,I dont have the time or Knowledge to do the job or should I just get rid of it a buy Alloy and be done with it???I had a quote from 2 companies just to do the transom one wanted $8000.00 yes just to do the transom not the floor or stringers,the other wanted $4000.00 only transom!at these prices a new rig is looking good or am i just out of touch with the price of things???
Al68

s#$t mate i thought 800 was a bit steep..
i got mine done at hervey bay..
bloke done a top job even built it up for 200 yammie.
keep lookin there will be someone up there to do it..

Blackened
29-03-2008, 08:29 AM
G'day

Keep looking around, have a search through the local marina.

8k is an absolute joke, 3.5k for both would be ballpark

Dave

Shanoss
29-03-2008, 08:54 AM
Let me guess, the 8k quote was from a guy on Pilkington street?

johnnytheone
30-03-2008, 01:21 PM
Mate, it's actually not that hard to "DIY". There's plenty of info on the net, and the material is not that dear. I reckon the most difficult bit of all of that type of work is getting it to look good. That's what takes all of the time. It's easy as if you're only interested in function, not cosmetics. BTW, $8000 rubbish. Good luck

Stolly
30-03-2008, 08:39 PM
I got the floor in my 5.5m Haines C.C about 2 years ago and i think it was close to 7k. I took the option of replacing it with composite material instead of timber which added a bit extra to it. It is a rude shock to find out the floor is rotten. I went in expecting $500 worth of work to secure my console. Anyway bit the bullet got it done and the weather has been shite since.

ozbee
31-03-2008, 08:54 AM
noel ferguson 0429394785 in the burdekin does a lot of rebuilds especially old haines probably half that price don't try to bother him with a cheap botch y job though his reputation is his selling point he actually got a 17 ft haines for sale down there now i think. he will also give you some of the best reef fishing info .